NFL Discussion Thread. (SPOILERS)

If the cowboys can defend without giving away penaltys they might stay in the game. I think the offensive pressure of the broncos are creating some of these penaltys too.

I believe this is the fourth week in a row now that Schaub has thrown a pick six :crazy:
about 30 seconds earlier they mentioned he was tied for the record of three successive games with guys like Peyton manning.
seemingly the next play he breaks it! :eek:

Woohoo! I thought the Raiders were going to choke there for a bit. Good to see they came up big. And awesome to see Woodson tie the record for most defensive TD's. Hopefully he gets another this year to make the record all his.

As much as I hated watching the Raiders beat us, it was nice to see Pryor's first half (As a massive Buckeye fan I hope he makes it.... even if it is with the raiders)

I also like seeing VBrown impose himself as a receiver... Went for over 100 yards and should have had a 30yrd td catch if it wasnt for penalty.... Finally they are using him better... problem first three weeks was he was early in Rivers progression... he needs to be later in the progression to give him time to make a move on the route as he wont burn the db on the line of scrimmage as speed is not his weopan

Pretty sure our pass rush is history with Freeney out and JJ geting hurt and I see all we did in the offseason was swap Ray Charles for Stevie Wonder at CB

Pryor looked very good in the first half. I was also very impressed with both Brown and Keenan Allen.

Once again though, the Offense stalled in the second and the defense leaked a few points in.

The main issue with the Offense right now is the OL - 3 starters out today was not good. Barnes playing at LT is average at best, Nix at LG is terrible, Gurode at Center is not much better than serviceable, Brisiel at RG is better suited for the ZBS not the Power Blocking and McCants at RT was the fourth RT for the year and made his first career start! It will be great to get Veldheer back at LT and hopefully Wiz and Watson will return soon. Even Paschos at RT is not too bad and has been an upgrade over everyone else!

With the defense I think it comes back to some bad play calling and their conditioning. With the Offense stuttering in the second half they are not able to rest up much and it's taking it's toll on them. Plus this "Prevent" play calling once the team gets a lead makes me want to pull my hair out!! Still not to bad an effort considering 9 of the 11 starters on Defense are new starters to the team this year (actually 10 the last couple games with Branch out also).

Also, looks like Criner may be getting cut very soon with Andre Holmes back from his suspension now.

Back
Top Bottom