NFL Discussion Thread. (SPOILERS)

Colts have now beaten Broncos, Seahawks and Niners. To me they are a legitimate contender for the superbowl. Lucks card prices will continue to soar above the others in that exceptional rookie class.

That is a great haul of teams to beat. The Colts to me seem to be an "emotional" team that plays to their opponents competition. They raised to the occasion to beat those teams and then didn't play nearly as well against the lesser teams - Chargers and Dolphins who they both lost to, and the Raiders who they needed a late 4th Qtr drive to win with and a couple bad plays but the Raiders to escape with that win.

Missed the game this week, but just saw some highlights. Good way to start a game! Glad they held on for the win, but that was too close for my liking.

I read on twitter that run was the longest in Raiders history. Crazy when you think of the likes of Bo Jackson has played for them

I read on twitter that run was the longest in Raiders history. Crazy when you think of the likes of Bo Jackson has played for them

Yeah the previous long for the Raiders was 92 yards by Bo and the Pryor run went 93 yards. Also set the longest run by QB by 13 yards which was previously an 80 yarder by Vick I believe.

Seahawks didn't deserve to win that game. Worst O Line performance I've ever seen from the Hawks. Left and Right guards are a must in the first and second round of next years draft.

If Bradford was playing I think it would have been a Rams win. Rams really appear to have the Seahawks number the last couple years. I am guessing the Rams will be on the hunt for another QB. Any ideas who they may go after? A veteran before the trade deadline is over?

Though I think the Rams played decent (not great) the Seahawks had a horrible game. Seahawks have 2 starting O Linemen out injured, I think that is what made the biggest difference. Anyone could have sacked Wilson, no protection at all. If not for stupid penalties the Rams wouldn't have been so close.

Having said all that, I kinda wanted the Rams to win so it would force us to address the O Line issue.

If Bradford was playing I think it would have been a Rams win. Rams really appear to have the Seahawks number the last couple years. I am guessing the Rams will be on the hunt for another QB. Any ideas who they may go after? A veteran before the trade deadline is over?

This scenario was a Rams fan's fear from the start of the season - they never really addressed the QB2 position properly and while Bradford has been pretty resilient the past few years, this was bound to happen at some point, and here we are. This years pretty shot and I'm not sure we have anyone to trade that'd get us a reasonable starter for the rest of the season, so I think this will mean a high QB pick in next years draft and competition in camp. Mightn't be a bad thing for next year, but sucks for this season.

To be honest I would have welcomed them signing Tebow once Bradford went down, because even given all the crap around him, he certainly has heart and fire and it would at least indicate they were still trying something to win. I don't think anyone really thinks we'll go far with Clemens and looks like today proved that... As for talking to Favre's people, they gotta be kiddin ! I'd sooner bring back Warner..LOL Or what's Jim Everett up to these days ?? He's likely only knocking on 60 odd! :crazy:

This scenario was a Rams fan's fear from the start of the season - they never really addressed the QB2 position properly and while Bradford has been pretty resilient the past few years, this was bound to happen at some point, and here we are. This years pretty shot and I'm not sure we have anyone to trade that'd get us a reasonable starter for the rest of the season, so I think this will mean a high QB pick in next years draft and competition in camp. Mightn't be a bad thing for next year, but sucks for this season.

To be honest I would have welcomed them signing Tebow once Bradford went down, because even given all the crap around him, he certainly has heart and fire and it would at least indicate they were still trying something to win. I don't think anyone really thinks we'll go far with Clemens and looks like today proved that... As for talking to Favre's people, they gotta be kiddin ! I'd sooner bring back Warner..LOL Or what's Jim Everett up to these days ?? He's likely only knocking on 60 odd! :crazy:

Yeah I have never been a Favre fan in his "great" years. I personally think he is one of the most overrated past QB's. I can understand the reason why they might try Tebow out, but I do think there are a few options on other teams who would give you a better chance of winning than Clemens. Kurt Cousins, Ryan Mallett and TJ Yates all come to mind for young QB's and veterans like Matt Moore (one of the most under appreciated QB's around!), Shaun Hill, Kyle Orton and even Colt McCoy would also keep the Rams very competitive too.

Yeah I have never been a Favre fan in his "great" years. I personally think he is one of the most overrated past QB's. I can understand the reason why they might try Tebow out, but I do think there are a few options on other teams who would give you a better chance of winning than Clemens. Kurt Cousins, Ryan Mallett and TJ Yates all come to mind for young QB's and veterans like Matt Moore (one of the most under appreciated QB's around!), Shaun Hill, Kyle Orton and even Colt McCoy would also keep the Rams very competitive too.
Vince Young is also a free agent. Clearly they need to find another.

Justin Blackmon of the Jacksonville Jaguars has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.
STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

Justin Blackmon of the Jacksonville Jaguars has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

Blackmon’s suspension begins immediately. He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement prior to the start of the 2014 season.

[Note: The NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse is posted on nflmedia.com. From the home page, click on "Resources" and then "About the NFL."]

STATEMENT BY JAGUARS GENERAL MANAGER DAVID CALDWELL:

“All of us who are a part of the Jaguars family care very deeply about Justin and his well-being. That said, he must be held accountable and accept the consequences announced today by the NFL. His suspension will provide him the opportunity to receive the attention and professional treatment necessary to overcome his challenges, and we will support him during this time. The Jacksonville Jaguars will evaluate Justin's status once he has successfully met the criteria to be considered for reinstatement to the league.”

What a wasted talent. Blackmon and Shorts could have combined for one of the better WR duo's if they actually had a semi-decent QB throwing him the ball.

Big blow for the Bengals defense too with Geno Atkins now gone for the season.

To save myself the sanity and screaming at the computer while at work, I figure it might be a good idea to stop watching the Raiders game about now... :mad:

An NFL record tie-ing record of 7TDs in a game, from Nick Foles of all people! Tough day for Raiders fans with those injuries and score.

Must admit I didnt see the Jets topping the Saints.

An NFL record tie-ing record of 7TDs in a game, from Nick Foles of all people! Tough day for Raiders fans with those injuries and score.

Must admit I didnt see the Jets topping the Saints.

The injury to Pryor worries me the most. Behind Pryor we have undrafted rookie Matt McGloin and fourth round rookie Tyler Wilson on the PS. McFadden injury doesn't concern me at all - to be honest I think Jennings, Reece or even Stewart should be starting over McFadden anyway. The bad OL play gets a lot of the blame for the poor running game, but McFadden has no ball carrying vision at all - and it shows when any of the other RB's get a shot at running the ball - hence McFadden averaging 3.6ypc this year while Jennings is 4.7ypc. Sure if there is a gaping hole for McFadden to go through it has the speed and burst to take the ball for a TD when Jennings may get run down furthur down the field, but unless the hole is big enough for a car to drive through McFadden routinely goes nowhere!

The Jets beating the Saints was a huge surprise for me, even the Browns beating the Ravens could be classed as a little bit of surprise even if they are now second in the AFC North - although I don't get how Jason Campbell routinely gets the raw end of the deal wherever he goes (I miss him at the Raiders). I think the Buccaneers taking the Seahawks to OT was very surprising also.

This Texans colts game is a good game

Another fourth quarter comeback by Andrew Luck.

I think I may have to find the couple Case Keenum autos I have tucked away. They are starting to sell for over $20+ now. Pretty sure I have his Contenders (look to be selling for around the $40-$60 mark) and a couple others I pulled or picked up dirt cheap (like under $2!)

Back
Top Bottom