Newb question - 1 base set per box?

Wellsey

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Wellsey
Hi gang,

I am new to this and will be collecting un-opened boxes specifically.

Am I guaranteed a base set per box? Does this differ depending on what I am collecting? And what about special/limited cards? Should I buy a couple of boxes to make sure?

For reference, I will be collecting UFC, Fleer Xmen and some movies (Jurassic Park and Casper to start - childhood memories).

Thanks heaps, am sure I will have a million more q's to come!

Also depends on $$$ mate, the more you pay the less cards you get. But the ones you get are "usually" of greater value than the ones you would get out
of a cheap boxes. One thing i would suggest is to research the product you want and check to see how many cards
are in the base set.

Simple solution (your box name here) checklist.
type that into Google and let the magic happen.

Sorry, should re-phrase. I know I'm not actually guaranteed a base set, but looking at the numbers, you'd have to go close, no?

Eg, Fleer Ultra Xmen 95 - 150(?) cards in a set, 288 cards in a box. Seems like good odds to me, but maybe not?

Sorry, should re-phrase. I know I'm not actually guaranteed a base set, but looking at the numbers, you'd have to go close, no?

Eg, Fleer Ultra Xmen 95 - 150(?) cards in a set, 288 cards in a box. Seems like good odds to me, but maybe not?

If you didnt get a base set out of that then i would be very surprised, even if you dont tho it will probably only be a couple short
and a quick trip to Ebay or Checkoutmycards or even here, will probably find you the remaining few

Also depends on $$$ mate, the more you pay the less cards you get. But the ones you get are "usually" of greater value than the ones you would get out
of a cheap boxes. One thing i would suggest is to research the product you want and check to see how many cards
are in the base set.

Simple solution (your box name here) checklist.

type that into Google and let the magic happen.

This is why I love forums! You sir, are a champion! Just what I was after.

For nonsport cards, boxes since about 2000 will have a complete base set. Older nonsport, often they do but often they don't, some had short prints and lots had really bad collation.

Most movie/non-sport stuff does give you a complete set simply because you have relatively small set and so many cards in a box. Sports is a different story though.

Back
Top Bottom