New to this!

The One Dwade

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Brayden
eBay User
XxBrayden
Hey guys, first post, looking to start a NBA collection, just wondering where i should start i.e

What packs to buy? best places to buy them? and what to look for in these packs? Thanks :)

Welcome to the site Brayden.

Depends what kind of stuff your into, new school, old school. Who are your fav. teams, players and where are you from mate?

Hey mate, welcome to the site. Theres a few stores on here you can buy them from.

I'm one of them and based in Adelaide. A couple from W.A and believe a couple from Vic and NSW too.

Who to collect is purely up to you, your fav player or someone you would like to collect. Could be a rookie or even a team.

New past and present look not too bad. Good value for the price.
Most boxes these days are 1 to 6 pack boxes and you are better off buying a box to be honest. All depends on budget and what you want to spend. Check out YouTube vids and on here to see what boxes or cards you like.

Hope that helps. Good luck and if you want any advice feel free to ask.

Brett

Thanks mate, well im not really sure how to answer that haha! I like both old school players allthough i know a lot more about the modern day game then. Fav team has been miami since 03' was a Charlotte hornetts fan as a kid till they folded, then got back into bball and choose dwade as my fav college player, decided where ever he went id support from now on! so dwyane wae fav player but love a lot of the current players!

Im from adelaide :)

First up welcome, check your twitter one of the sellers in Adelaide tweeted you (also posted just above as well) ;)

You first need to decide if you are going to chase certain players, teams or card subsets as that will make it a whole lot easier for you.
If you just want to collect certain players trading and buying off people on here and ebay will be a good start. If you just want to collect everything bust a few boxes and see how you go and if you like the hobby splash out on some more expensive boxes. As on twitter I would say start with Panini past and present it has only just come out recently and looks really really good. Gold standard is due out later this year and that will be a nice set as well but it will sell at a higher premium for a lot less cards in the box.

Yer thanks mate, yer I saw your advice on twitter, just figured id have a look on here and see what everyone else was thinking the craze is atm. watched a few videos of people open up their cards and it looked exciting haha! just bought a signed Dwight howard jersey, that im gonna get framed so a signed dwight card would be nice to put with that hahaha :) thanks for the advice, its a shame you cant just go into a shop(like a newsagency or something) and buy them like im sure you can in the US

Back
Top Bottom