New guy: Vintage hoops :)

dhjacks

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Don
I just discovered this site. You can't have enough folks to chat about cards.
I'm a psa junkie and am working on completing all of the basketball cards from 1969 to 1981 in graded form (about 73% complete). My jabbar master set is the most complete of those on the registry. I've got a few more carvel discs to get and i'll have all the discs completed (MSA, Crane, Buckman, Carvel). Completed the Jewel/Prism and the Icee Bears. I also am always looking for oddball stuff from the early years of basketball history.

Hope to get to know you all better.:)

Don
Dhjacks (ebay name and psa name)

Welcome aboard! Love to see some scans of your collection!

Enjoy your time here!

Cheers
Matt

Welcome Don. We have traded and chatted on eBay and thru Jefferey's site and forum. The Hondo Carvel I got off you is still the only one I've seen pop up. Much appreciated that!

I offloaded all my prisms for a massive profit and bought a Russell SGC RC :-D

Vintage here is really starting to kick off and old school is always appreciated here as well. Glad to have you pop in as I know you certainly know your stuff.

Thats a massive task you have got there. Im only doing the Celts version raw and am 5 cards short from 1933-1981 :-D

Don's a straight up guy too and I'm sure hates BGS/BVG as much as us too Hilly :-D

Great to have more guys that are entrenched in the hobby like he is. We need Isiaas to join up now ;-)

G'day there mate,Welcome to the forum.
My wife(tracy) is into all that older stuff aswell.
Hope you enjoy it here.

welcome and i hope you enjoy your time here.show us some of your old school stuff as i have just started to collect some myself.
tony :D

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome. I look forward to having some fun here. Thank you also Chadjaja....i do remember that exchange we had. Sounds like you are going to need to expand your sights beyond the Celtics if you are getting that close to completion....wow!

Don

G'day Don

Welcome to the group....good to see another vintage & Oddball collector on the boards.
The ozcard forum is a great place to make new friends and is a great place for trading.
Happy trading.

Cheers Tracy

G'day Don, welcome to this great forum i am sure you enjoy your time here. Sounds like you have alot of experience behind you in regards to collecting bball cards. Your collection sounds great.

Welcome to the boards Don.
I look forward to seeing some (scans) of your Vintage cards, especially your Kareems.

This guy?

scan0054.jpg

Compsecs LMAO

These cards make me laugh! Some guy steals the pics from topps previous year and then makes his own cards and they go on to be worth a fortune! HAHAHA

Thats one great card Don and not easy to come by. The Maravich is most sought after.

They have been covered before in beckett Hill and numerous other places. If you did this today they would be worthless.

Welcome to the boards mate - I am already loving your vintage cards! I always enjoy checking out Chad's scans so it will be awesome to check out yours as well :)

Back
Top Bottom