My first AFL game used jersey mailday!

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Hi everyone!

The Sydney Swans marked 30 years of being in Sydney with a special jersey they wore in the Round 8 game against Melbourne at the SCG. They then auctioned off the jerseys and I was lucky enough to win one of the Swans defender Marty Mattner.

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

The jersey features the name of all 299 players that have represented the Sydney Swans.

Image83.jpg

You can see the jersey here:

Jeremy+Howe+AFL+Rd+8+Sydney+v+Melbourne+1cbz4o4buMpl.jpg

If you want to see the jersey in action, go to the 2:54 mark of the video to see Marty Mattner kick a goal in this jersey from outside 50m.

Very happy to add this to the collection.

Cheers
Matt

Fantastic Matt. Was a good player for the Crows Mattner and was sorry to see him leave. Always liked the old South Melbourne jumper, you've really done well there

Thanks mate.....yeah I just wanted to pick up one of the jerseys...wasnt real fussed who it was. Funny thing was the last jersey to end in the auction - Luke Parker...2 people got in a bidding war and it ended up over $1000! The next highest was Josh kennedy at $800!

Very nice Matt. Assume you wont be cutting this one up to make your own cards :D (although that would look pretty cool!!!)

Great pickup Matt, awesome design that one. Mattner is a very good player, you did very well. Sounds like the jumpers went very cheap if only one got higher than $800?

Is it going in a double sided frame?

Back
Top Bottom