MVP/MIP News

I hope Nash gets it! He has certainly played well this year.

If he doesnt get the award, any of those other players listed would be deserving winners. They have all played well this year.

I cant remember a season where there MVP award has been this close!

Cheers
Matt

Yea he's carried the Suns and led the league in assists but where is he on defense? Is it because of players like Diaw and Marion and Bell that make Nash good or is it the other way around? I say put Nash on a team with less weapons than he has in Phoenix and see if he still gets as many assists.

My vote is still for Nowitzki.

Funkadelic said:
Yea he's carried the Suns and led the league in assists but where is he on defense? Is it because of players like Diaw and Marion and Bell that make Nash good or is it the other way around? I say put Nash on a team with less weapons than he has in Phoenix and see if he still gets as many assists.

That's a good statement!!! Really true, and would be interesting to find out.

Nash is a great passer, no doubt about it, the best there is in the League, but you're right, without the offensive weapons that the Suns have, would he still be the same "MVP"....

Not to mention your vote... :D

Funkadelic said:

but look at the improvment of the suns players who i know on any other team would not have lifted like they have on the suns. house, barbosa, diaw, bell, jones, both thomas'...all would be bit players at best on any other team, but with the suns and nash getting every single one of them involved, he has made them integral parts of the suns, where on any given night any one of them can chip in 20+ pts...this has happened all season long. of course lack of defence will count against him, but i think his pros far outweigh his cons.

and it has been reiterated to death, but its worth saying it again...the suns are the 2nd seed in the west, without Amare their franchise player. lets see dallas without nowitzki, lakers without kobe, cavs without bron etc etc...theyd be a joke.

fact is, nash makes the subpar players around him better, which i honestly cannot say about anyone else in the league...to me that is the essence of a most valuable player.

Mavs could take spurs dude, they ain't shit!!

I say winner of LA/Suns series should decide league MVP - Kobe/Nash, know what I'm saying

Craig always tries his best to push us.... ha ha ha.

Still not sure how they can be shit when they're #2 in the West! F-ck the seedings, check the win/loss records!

Everyone knows it's true, you just cant BELIEVE it!!!

Maybe it takes a Championship to be called "not shit"? Must mean that Heat, Kings, are shit too huh?

And Amare really made a difference when he came back...
Without MARION where would the Suns be?

Nash Hands down!!!
Nash rips and makes everyone around him rip, he's bumped up his scoring without their franchise player.
diaw-house-bell were classed a crap players before they came into contact with nash.

Dirk only Rips and can't really help his team mates. If he can't score then he can't make his team mates dominate the game. Nash can.

Nash makes anybody into an NBA starter!!

Tim Thomas is flyin' again too!!

YAO the next Hakeem????

Just noticed this now dude... don't think any centre will ever have the footwork of the dream - and certainly not beanpoll Mingo..

I know he's not a centre and barely played NBA mins but I like the footwork of Hakim Warrick of the griz

reign40 said:
YAO the next Hakeem????

Just noticed this now dude... don't think any centre will ever have the footwork of the dream - and certainly not beanpoll Mingo..

I know he's not a centre and barely played NBA mins but I like the footwork of Hakim Warrick of the griz
Nope I don't think there will be anyone like Hakeem again, but this was a piss take (hence all the ?'s) on his form from after the Allstar break when he was playing like he should have been when TMAC went down.
You'r Kemp one must be a piss take to as Kemp was easy to stop, he was very prone to foul troble. Click on my profile I think you'll like my pic of Kemp;)

It's Most Valuable Player, not most valuable player for team effort. Kobe should win hands down for the single achievements he has made this year, he has broken records left, right and center! And if you wanna go for the team thing, he led a shite team to the finals, what more can you ask for?

Back
Top Bottom