Multi-Box Break (SPx, SP Authentic, Skybox Premium, Stadium Club)

muzzy66

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Peter
eBay User
crimson_stallion
Hi all,

Decided to move away from current products for change and pick up some boxes of classic products, so today I have a few old-school box breaks:

* 1992-92 Topps Stadium Club
* 1997-98 Skybox Premium Series 2 (Hobby)
* 1998-99 Skybox Premium Series 2 (Hobby)
* 2000-01 Upper Deck SP Authentic
* 2005-06 Upper Deck SP Authentic
* 2005-06 Upper Deck SPx
* 2006-07 Upper Deck SPx
* 2007-08 Upper Deck UD Black

I will post the break results for these shortly.

I also have a few others coming but haven't arrived yet:
* 2003-04 Upper Deck SP Authentic (expected today but shipment was delayed)
* 2003-04 Upper Deck SP Signature Edition (expected today but shipment was delayed)
* 2006/07 Fleer E-X (should arrive in the next week or so)
* 2006-07 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection (expected today but shipment was delayed)
* 2010/11 Panini Limited (expected today but shipment was delayed)
* 2010/11 Panini Elite Black Box (should arrive in the next week or so)

I will post the break results for these separately when they arrive

Let the games begin!

00-01 UD SP Authentic.jpg 05-06 UD SP Authentic.JPG 05-06 UD SPx.JPG 06-07 UD SPx.JPG 07-08 UD Black.JPG 92-93 Topps Stadium Club.JPG 97-98 Skybox Premium.JPG 98-99 Skybox Premium.JPG Stack.jpg

00-01 UD SP Authentic.jpg

05-06 UD SP Authentic.JPG

05-06 UD SPx.JPG

06-07 UD SPx.JPG

07-08 UD Black.JPG

92-93 Topps Stadium Club.JPG

97-98 Skybox Premium.JPG

98-99 Skybox Premium.JPG

Stack.jpg

In addition I also got:

* 4x Shaquille Oneal RC (92-93 TSC)
* 2x Alonzo Mourning RC (92-93 TSC)
* 2x Latrel Sprewell RC (92-93 TSC)

That's all folks!

Will break the other boxes when they come :)

Thanks guys!

Was lots of fun to break these products but also very scary. Most of these products were hit-or-miss to the extreme, especially the Skybox Premium ($250-$300 per box and about one hit per box) and the UD Black ($800 for the box for a total of two cards). I had just gotten a little bored of doing the same old products every time, and even through those products have returned very well for me I just felt like something a little different.

Certainly could have done better, but could definitely have done a lot worse - I was really ecstatic with the Carmelo, Rondo and Shaq hits because I like all of those players and they were all reasonably rare hits :)

I have to say, I'm surprisingly a bit disappointed by the quality of the 07-08 UD Black product. Both of the cards were in pretty average condition (I'd say maybe BGS 8.5) and the overall quality of the finish is not on par with today's UD Black.

In the future I probably will stick to my the usual modern products (11/12 Exquisite, 12/13 All Time Greats, 13/14 UD Black, 13/14 National Treasures, 13/14 Preferred, 10/11 Gold Standard) because even though you don't always get your money back in those products, you do almost always do get at least one nice card worthy of adding to the collection.

Last edited:
Wow, what a break, some incredible products.

I'll especially look forward to the 06/07 E-x, awesome stuff.

Me too! :)

I had so much trouble decided which year of E-X to go for, but in the end I decided on 06/07 because:
1) I absolutely love the base card design (so even if I get no quality hits at all, at least I should get a couple of cool looking base cards)
2) Chance of hitting Jambalaya cards

Just have to look on the bright side with breaks like this because you have the possibility of losing so much money on it, you just have to go in to it expecting nothing, and then if you do get any nice hits consider it a bonus! lol

Ultimately this is why I chose the products I did - for the most part I chose ones with cool looking base cards so that even the most hideous of busts still isn't a total loss haha

Wow, finding some of those boxes must have been a task... Especially those Skybox Premium, pulling a ruby of a decent player would have made it somewhat worthwhile anyway...

Back
Top Bottom