moved

Willy Wonka Suspense GIF

So many awesome cards in here and it's a cool pc to have.
So many in the top 25 could be interchangable to me so kudos for locking in those in some sort of definitive order.
I will also say this thread has kind of got me hungry again for another all time draft... ;);)

David Lee couldn't scape an honourable mention? Not even for @TAB1980?

Seriously though...great effort. I will have to dedicate a whole day to going through it properly sometime.

Definitely do mate! Backs of the cards might give you an urge to watch some of the videos below them - I picked most for specific reason of the back when I could.

Couple of cards I might change if I find better ones , like the Charles Barkley, but most are HOF/Gold related or suit the players persona IMO.

Thanks for checking it out!

So many awesome cards in here and it's a cool pc to have.
So many in the top 25 could be interchangable to me so kudos for locking in those in some sort of definitive order.
I will also say this thread has kind of got me hungry again for another all time draft... ;);)

Thanks Matt! I agree too - damn hard task - if we could live to 200 years old we could have done a better job on this, failing that - all we have is the internetz

Notes and info found along the way:

First player where career wiki stats wouldn't fit into screen/screen grab
- #44 Jason Kidd, then #27 David Robinson, Hakeem and Bird also.

Any players who were Finals MVP but didn't make the NBA 75 - Jo Jo White, Dennis Johnson, Cedric Maxwell, Joe Dumars, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, Andre Iguodala

Retired players who were Finals MVP but are not in HOF - Cedric Maxwell, Chauncey Billups. Also Tony Parker, Dirk and Wade but they will go in HOF 2023 or 2024

Any players who were regular season MVP but didn't make the NBA 75 - Derrick Rose

Retired players who were regular season MVP but are not in HOF - Dirk Nowitzki - but he will go in HOF 2023

Thanks for all the work you put into this mate, might have not made all us PC players happy but we are a biased bunch :D
Had to be MJ at #1, to coin a movie phrase, 'there can be only one'.
Huge Effort!

Thanks mate appreciate it!

This process has definitely given me a new appreciate for the greats of the years gone by - they paved the way for these new guys to get millions and millions of dollars - they deserve to be recognised. Not necessarily kept in a fixed order of Top 100 or Top 1000 players of all time - that's an impossible task - but definitely in a NBA Hall of Fame or revamped Basketball Hall of Fame.

I see a lot of parallels with the NBL - if you look at the development and lower paid players they often have to have other jobs to substitute the income as the league is in the infancy where the money is not huge - 8 to 12 teams, similar to the early years of the NBA when the league was starting off and merged with the ABA. And a massive turnover with most players and a couple of dominant franchises who seem to win all the titles - Perth and the like. Very interesting!

NBA Win Shares​

Win Shares is a player statistic which attempts to divvy up credit for team success to the individuals on the team. Full details are available below, but the important things to note are that it is calculated using player, team and league-wide statistics and the sum of player win shares on a given team will be roughly equal to that team’s win total for the season.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ws.html

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s total of 25.4 Win Shares in 1971-72 is the all-time single-season record and his 273.4 career Win Shares are the all-time career record. Abdul-Jabbar played long enough to compile many such career records.

The all-time leader in Win Shares per 48 minutes is Michael Jordan (which falls in line with the prevailing wisdom on Jordan’s G.O.A.T. status).

https://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ws.html

Back
Top Bottom