pregra

Visca el Barça
Real Name
Preben
eBay User
pregra
COMC User
pregra
Got this one in the mail a couple of weeks ago. It's a Michael Essien Futera 2009 1 of 1 auto. I'm a big fan of his and feel great about getting one of his autos for my collection.

futera09_essien1of1.png

You need to be very careful with the futera sigs as there are a lot of fakes out but yours seems to be good. Just be careful with future purchases.

Thanks for the warning mate. I've read a lot about it. Some people even claim Futera fake their own autos.

Yeah i have heard that to which is sad cause they sell boxes for large amounts of money..

nice card i think boondash has a couple of these also. and yeh his 2 sigs are different

nice card i think boondash has a couple of these also. and yeh his 2 sigs are different

Not sure where you are getting at with my sig being 'different', but all my Auto cards have been checked by Futera as I have close contact with them. These 2009 auto cards have a player code which would be hard to emulate. Before I buy any card I ask Futera to check the player code so it corresponds with that player. I check these autos from past release and at my local memorabilia shop, just because a auto is not dark or large doesn't mean it is a fake.

I doubt that Futera would go around faking auto's, however Upper Deck does it so who knows.

Select send cards to the players to sign. Majority of these players don't sign the card in corresponding numbers, so card number #30 could be the first card signed by that player. how many people know that? and how many people are gullible enough to pay a premium for a low number card when in fact it is not.

BoondasH1 - I know there was controversy a few years ago with a Upper Deck Basketball card that was pulled from a pack and was a fake, but is this an ongoing issue with Upper Deck cards or a once off?

Do you know anyone in VIC who authenticates cards? I've been thinking of getting a check on my extensive auto collection because whilst I have tried to be thorough with my set you never know if a fake slips through!

I emailed Upper Deck a few times questioning some cards and they are absolutely useless!!! They referred me to the online checklist.... ummm, I think I would know to look at the checklist first.

Back
Top Bottom