MFC Demons Season Thread

over next couple of days i will list our delisting and players up for trade aswell as what we should look for in the draft aswell as a few out of contract players that could slot in to our team.

Nice :) I'll have a go at players I reckon are to be delisted/traded also. Not sure what the heck is in the draft!

Good win Satday and will certainly be there Friday at the G for Neita!

I think for the Dees to go forward you gotta trade Miller, Bruce or Green, Nathan Brown for picks or young 2nd or 3rd year key position players.

Build on the youth Sylvia, Mclean, Nathan Jones, Newton these guys are the ones who will take you somewhere, i think its time for the Dees to depart with some of their players who have been around a little too long.

IMO:

Jeff White can go jump
Bruce = Name bigger than game (same way Woewoedin was, and thankfully we found a sucker ;))
Miller...maybe a trade, but with our height sorely lacking in defence he may be useful still...ish
Green - keeper
Brown - Time is up
Trav Johnstone - Polished but lacking defensively, like the guy but for the right trade praps a mover
Neitz - Day is done but hold him til he wants to go
Holland - I like the guy. Like his work ethic. Skill levels (particularly kicking) let him down at times but hold him I reckon
Ward - Another worker, and if we get rid of all above whom I have said need to go so far (Brown, Bruce, White etc) prob hold on
Weatley - keeper
Rivers - Keeper, hopefully he gets fit
Whelan - Keeper, get fit
Robbo - Keeper
Davey - Keeper
Newton, McClean, Colin, Paul Johnson, Buckley, Dunn, Frawley and my man and future Captain Jones - Wave of the future!
Macca - Champ, keeper
Fergie - think we have to keep

well we signed Bruce early in the year for 2 years but perhaps he could get traded. Theirs no doubting his ball winning ability but his foot skills and hardness at the ball this year have been disgraceful.

nice list Nenjabin, i'll do something similar probally tonight.
Bit harsh on White man, he leads all Ruckmen in Disposals and is 2nd in Hitouts and bobs up for a few goals from time to time. We still need him because if we let jamar and Pj take the duties on their own for next year we will get absolutly thumped.
I just wish his hitouts could be to more effect like B.Lade at Port. I remember a few years ago when he made AA he could smash the ball 20-30 metres from the centre circle.

Yeh this week is going to be HUGE. I can just see the media giving more attention to Buckleys return than a history making record for Neitz. Its a disgrace..

:) That was just off the top of my head. If I remember others I'll add...

Like:

Jamar - Good back-up ruckman, tries hard, and actually puts the ball in people's hands = keeper (should get more time too when we impale White)
Chris Johnson - another youngen, hopefully gets a chance
Bode - youngen, more time required
Godfry - Love this guy, work ethic and hardness, never will be more than a role-player/tagger, but teams need that, especially a soft team like ours.
Molony - Jury is out, but he's young and this is his first injury free (relatively) season for us

Yeh this week is going to be HUGE. I can just see the media giving more attention to Buckleys return than a history making record for Neitz. Its a disgrace..

I cannot wait for that roar as he runs out for the 300th! Me and the rest of the MCC standing in unison. Will be even better than the game he broke the Dees most games record, and the goal to break most goals record. Lets just hope the Collingwood clowns don't ruin it too much with their Booing (cause you know they will...)

thanks Gerco
i just find it remarable we dont have a 300 game player and we have been around for 149 years lol :lol:
We have had some absolute greats like Barrassi, Flower, Viney, Norm Smith, Bluey to name a few but haven't had 1 300 game player.

ill do my player list after this round Ben ;)

and in other news the coaching job at Melbourne is down to 3:
Pros and Cons of each too.

Connolly (+Can Sell a Club, Strategic on match day, has Melbourne in his blood - Had a good list at Freo and really should of done better, poor persona)
McKenna (+ Agnorant as **** which we need -Hasnt prooven much and a bit of a dickhead from what i gather)
Bond (+Match day genius like Ratten - Who is Bond haha :lol: media wise and personality wise he may struggle to promote the club)
-
Riely - (+ Champion bloke, loves the club and knows how to coach -Hurt his chances when he said in an interview that he will remain assistant even if one of the above 3 get the gig)

Personally im leaning towards Connolly and have Riely as Assistant but i would also like to see Bomber get the main job.

We're down to those guys? Ouch! I'll stand by my comment that if Connolly ends up as coach I'll go go on a murderous shooting spree...

Mckenna or Riely I'll stand.

GO DEES!. Ive got them to be in front every qtr @$5.00. Hopefully they kick 10 in the first quarter!. I dont think the pies are a chance without fraser and losing to richmond was a disgrace!, GO DEES. Neitas 300th too. Surely they cant lose! (says he praying to the sky!).

well a close loss. We did well to come back from 41 points down to get within a goal with only 18 fit players and 2 of those players (Robbo and Batter) kept playing with dung knees. That Ben Johnson hip and shoulder was disgraceful he should get 6-8 weeks, he had eyes on his head and could of really fuked up poor belly's neck. Holland was doing good until his shoulder popped out and than we lost to Davey to a Hamstring. I've never experienced such an injury ravanged season as much as this one.
Neita played preety good to finish with 3 and did some good things and i was very impressed with our young brigade (Jones, Dunn, McLean, Sylvia, Bate, Bell)
All those players i listed are going to be super SUPER players!!

We just ran out of legs in the end and it was good to see we stuck it out but we defiantly had our chances but didnt capalise in the last.

if melbourne were any good they would never be 41 points down and the fact you could not win for neitz that sucks

if melbourne were any good they would never be 41 points down and the fact you could not win for neitz that sucks

Yeah righto Stevo:blink: ....that could be said about the Pies too...of they were any good they wouldnt have surrendered a 41 point lead.

As Jon said, this season is one of the most injury riddled season i have ever seen! :cry:

Haha at least we have an excuse for losing this season Stevo. Its been 5 years since you've made the finals and it still could be 2-3 more years until you make it again. But honestly i think 2 years is all it will take as long as you sign Ratten right away. Delist the biggest joke for a captain in Whitnall and pick up the best kid at the draft regardless of position.

Jon where'd you hear our final 5 list for the coaching job?
Cause it's reported in the paper today that the list is to 5:
Kevin Sheedy
Damien Hardwick
Dean Bailey
Chris Connelly
Mark Riley

I'd say I want Sheedy No:1, Hardwick 2. Don't even know who Bailey is. Riley seems alright...and Connelly can take the assistant role at Carlton behind Rattan that they are suggesting he'll be offered.

Back
Top Bottom