MFC Demons Season Thread

We've had a killer list...but we haven't done much with it really...and this year unfortunately is the last straw for Neale me thinks, despite me really liking him...
But I will say one thing, Jeff White most over-rated and useless player in the team

Jeff great at getting his hands on it, don;t get me wrong, but has never had the guidence. Never put it in our guys hands just simply hits it randomly.

Is Trappa Johnstone? (Haven;t heard him called that if so)

I don;t agree that Johnno is over-rated...to a point. The guy is all class with the ball (except for the occasional brain melt which we all know about) but simply does squat without the ball. I have watched every player he has played on this year run circles around him becuase they are willing to work hard. None more prevalent than Brad Sewell of Hawthorn. Sewell killed us, did whatever he pleased, with Johnstone simply trailling behind and did not lay a tackle on him all day. Happened again the Ling and Kane Kornes. Just does not run. He needs a bit of Junior in him

Well he has always been that way even in his jnr days at chelsea i used to watch him round circles round everyone only WHEN he wanted to....when he wants to play i think he is in the top 10 players in the league!!silky smooth skills..

fuk.. Today just prooves its not our year, i had to sit through 3 quarters of rubbish until Danners changed it up. Daniher will be coaching Essendon next year, im sure of it. I love Danners but we need a change and new general, their was a rumour after the game the players were getting fed up with Neil's indecisive changes.

Brad Miller, Daniel Ward and Ben Holland ALL NEED TO GO!!!!!!!

I was miffled to see Frawley play this week ahead of Newton. He has only played 1 game at Sandy and Newton hasnt missed a game and been averaging 5 goals a game.

Biggest Positive today "Clint Bizzell". He played well down back all game and went up another gear in the last, taking some big marks and making some huge tackles.

McLean got heaps of it and was played 6 on 6 off, the guy is our next captain for sure. Jones was very impressive today, if his disposal was good it would of been a brilliant performance. He might get the rising star nomination this week

Heartbreaking to know that if we finished better we could at least be 3-6 but 0-9 all season is gone. Crows at the G next Saturday and 3 things i am hoping to see:
1. Ward, Miller, Holland Dropped!!
2. Play 4 quarters of football not 1
3. BETTER DISPOSAL, the skills today of our players was disgusting.

every team has years like this and if we get a top 3 draft pick out of it than so be it.

well metallica named 3 possibly 4 players that are quite rubbish.. though every team has their players that shouldnt be playing, and are too gutless to play anyone else.. that or they have some kind of man love for them..

i'd like to see danners in bomberland again, only if GO'D, or Bomber, Harvey dont want the role.

really i dont hate the demons, my dad supports them so i have a sweet spot for them.. would have to be the team next of kin if something happened to the bombers (if they dont make finals and dees do, or dees go further than the bombers) im right there on board.. but its a sad state of affairs in demon land..

draft picks aren't a bad thing, but dont go tanking it.. milk some new youngsters now, its a grim path but a bright one in the end..

Daniher is a fantastic coach but 10 years, it's time to change it up.

Those players i named are Danihers pets and you can add Brown into that list. These players are VFL players not AFL players. I think every Demon fan would be happy to see the players i named dropped.

we still have:
Sylvia, Rivers, Moloney, Yze,Whelan, Bate, Bartram and Newton even up for selection so lets make these changes.

im not talking about tanking i had to see my celts do that lol. I hope we win every game but aslong as i see fight and a close contested match than i will be happy. This year has been shocking for us, 3 winable games, a huge injury list etc..

Nathan Jones is my man ;) The kid is a gun and I reckon will be a future Captain (and I have not said this about anyone in my life before).

Agree with Miller dropped. Luckily Lyndon Dunn will replace him for CHF in the future if not now.

Holland I like cause while he's not the best all rounder, he works at least.

Ward is one of my favs. Not the best skills but puts in week in week out

in the boat:
Holland, Ward, Brown, Ferguson, Miller, Jamar

are players that should be playing in the VFL

Ward runs the line well but he has one of the worst kicks i have ever seen and the shit kicks result in turnovers 90% of the time.

Jones, Bate, McLean, Sylvia, Moloney, Dunn and Pettard are some young guns who havent played more than 60 games that are going to be great players for our club

I think Jamar has some potential, but as long as Daniher is there it won;t be realised. (See Jolly in Sydney and Simmonds for Freo and now Richmond). Daniher loves Jeff White and refuses to play more than 1 other ruckman and even then only for 25% tops of the game. How can one develop in those circumstances? That's why Simmonds and Jolly are now top ruckmen in the league, because they got out from under White when really we should have been trading White away.
Those youngies you named...Oh ho ho! How good is the future looking with them!! Though I'm not a fan of Bate yet, needs to lift his work rate for mine...But he's getting there.

I love how Jones already gives anyone and everyone lip service and a good rough up no matter who it is...and he's not even played 20 games!! haha Leader in the making

Back
Top Bottom