Mailday for the second day in a row!

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
I don't get a lot lately so two in a row is good! :D

First up is a Braun 61 fleer. Disapointed as it got a small hairline crease in shipping?? Oh well I'll get a nice one when I can. This guy coached the Knicks the year before and came out of retirement to play one last year with the Celts to replace Bill Sharman.
Braun61fleer.jpg

Next up three RC's for my greatest 50 RC collection. The Greer is the nicest 5 you will see. Took me ten minutes to see the small 2mm hairline crease on the top left of the card. This is the guy that threw the pass the Mighty Havlicek stole! I'm sure he is sick of hearing that LOL I'm not hehe
Good eye appeal though and well centered wich is really hard for this set. So in esence its rarer than a off centered one but in better conditon.
GreerRCgai.jpg

Walton RC in Nrmt
WaltonRC.jpg

Gervin RC but diamond cut as us vintage guys say.
gervinrc.jpg

Not a bad week for me. Tick tick those cards off the wantlist.

Well age is no excuse for poor conditon Timmy boy! The Greer is sharp as otherwise and more like a GAI 9. And thanks the Bibby came in and is already on its way to Sacramento where it will be appreciated more.

Locky: Cards were often hand cut and when the master cutter moved the sheet in an uneven fashion you sometimes got diamond cut cards. Refering that they aren't quite square. You will notice that its wider at the top and smaller at the bottom. This is comonn in a lot of the 70's topps sets but not in 57 topps for some reason?

Walton & Iceman are sweet cards! (the other monopoly ones are cool too).

I just dunno the players!

Great cards to get ticked off tho. Always a good sign!!

A whole heap Vlad. A mixture of cheap ones and pricey ones.

Cheap ones being a most in the 86 fleer. I'll get those next month.

Pricey being Jordan, Chamberlain, West and Robertson etc.

I'm knocking off the big ones every few months now but it will take a while.

I have about 30 of the 50 so far. When its finished it will be a great display piece and a dream come true.

Back
Top Bottom