Long-time NRL collector joins the club

MJD

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt Dallas
eBay User
mjdallas25
Howdy folks,

I've checked out the NRL forum here from time time, picking up info and enjoying some enthusiastic debates, and decided I may have something to contribute.
Like a few of you, I love the Penny Panthers, and have done so since the Winfield Cup started screening on NZ TV back in the early 90s. Though a staunch Kiwi, I couldn't give up Penrith when the Warriors came along - even though Auckland took my favourite player. There's been a lot of heartache and frustration for 2 premierships in 20 years, but that's my team.

I've collected league cards since the Regina 1992 set. I gave up after a bad box break in 2004 (no predictor, was sick of the TPOY & TOTY cards) and wasn't thrilled when Select went to two series a year in 2005 - repeating a lot of the players.

Well, I got over that in 2010 when I realised my footy card collection didn't feature a lot of the game's top talent recent years. I've since picked up most of the series from 05-present, either by set or boxes. I'm still chasing plenty of Panthers inserts.

Anyway, I've got the bug back big time. Excited to see what 2012 holds. I like a sweet insert as much as the next collector, but primarily I collect the cards as a record of my love for the game. I'd do away with chase cards if it meant a high quality base set with full 18 cards a team, great action photos, accurate player details and season/career stats on the back. Keep on dreaming, right?

Hope I can make a useful contribution.

Cheers,
Matt

Welcome!

Great to have another Panthers fan on board, 2012 could be an interesting year for us.

Enjoy your stay!

Hi Matt... Sorry to inform you but the Panther fan allocation for this forum has been already met. We can not allow any more Penrith fans on OCT.

Nah... just jokes. Welcome to the forum. We are always looking for more NRL fans here to join in the trade group and take the shite out of Select.

All the best
Blade

P.S. Say Hi to Claws and Tryton for me.

Thanks for the warm welcome - I'll try to keep my Panthers gushing to a respectible level, but have to admit I'm another big Flash Gordon fan. (If only I could afford his 2011 champs signature card. Those things don't seem to be coming down in $$).
And with any luck the halves will figure out how to get Jennings the ball with a little room to move.

Back
Top Bottom