18. S. O'Neal
19. B. Miller
20. P. Pierce
21. V. Carter
22. B. Davis
23. P. Stojakovic
24. Got lost here...

NOT HAPPY!!!!

No offence, but if you're gonna do a draft, please give more than 1-2 hours notice. Some people don't spend all weekend here. Especially when you're under the impression there is still a week to go until the draft.

As for the season starting in 2 days. Are you F'en retarded. Every NBA fan knows the season really starts in Nov (even though technically around 29th October these days)

This is confusing.

Sorry I wasnt able to get back to you over the weekend, was a bit busy, and didnt get time to reply to it...

So what's the latest?

From what I can tell, you've done an auto pick for me, that's cool, Dirk, Lewis & Bibby. I dont mind.

But when I logged in to check there's no results, and it says it's been changed:
10/9 Draft Type changed from 'Live' to 'Offline'
10/8 Draft Time changed from 'Sun Oct 16 9:00am EST' to 'Sun Oct 16 10:30am EST'
10/7 Draft Time changed from '' to 'Sun Oct 16 9:00am EST'
10/7 Draft Type changed from 'Autopick' to 'Live'
10/4 Draft Type changed from 'Offline' to 'Autopick'
10/3 Roster Changes changed from 'Weekly - Monday' to 'Daily - Tomorrow'

Any updates would be GREAT!!!

Scotty

Oh you missed out things went sosss smooth.

The draft was announced at something like 2pm on Sunday arvo and we walked in the door around 6pm to find out. I don't think it was really fair and enough notice and Clarkey was the loudest voice for a live draft and missed out.

I 'think' all the picks and names were taken down correctly but at times we got lost keeping up.

There was so much time before we HAD to do this too. And for those saying to stop whinging etc don't start me telling you about people working stressfull jobs and leaving home at 6.30am. They can't sit on the net and squable all night. :evil:

Eventually it was sort of done but with a little planning it could have run quite smooth. It only took me 20 mins to rank my selections to 100 and print it out in order crossing out players taken. Its that easy.

LOL Chad...

So it was pretty hectic then?

What's the verdict on it?
Do we still have a Fantasy League?
Have all the picks been made?
Who got what?
Why arent the results online?
Who?
What?
Why?
Where?
When?
AHHHHHHHH...................

:?

I'd be interested in an update of what happened; I left after 4 rounds last night.

Understandably some people were upset by the short notice and process. If we want to do the draft again or just go to auto-pick I wouldn't complain; eventhough I'm happy with my picks.

It was slow going, we finished just before Midnight.

I'm not sure about the other teams, but mine is:

A. Iverson
V. Carter
K. Korver
E. Okafor
T. Chandler
J. Rose
M. Williams
J. Stackhouse
E. Curry
C. Mihm

I think... :roll:

MavsMan said:
How do we know who we got then?

Sounds like mine was auto picked...?

I cant see my teem online in the Yahoo League place.

Magicman wrote everything down and will fix it all up tonight

Mavs - with offline drafts, the commish (Magicman) has to input the results. Once the results have been inputted, then your teams will appear (within a day or 2). Guess it will be interesting to see who I got. So far I got 2 PG's in Kidd & Arenas. Yep, I'm on a winner.

Chad - Agree. A little bit of time, and everything would've been smooth. With the fact the live draft was next Sunday AM, I had made preparations to be able to be there and participate.

Billy - Thanks for the PM. I agree, but I guess I'm in.

ok i am up for completely wiping the draft if we all agree upon?
because i too was unaware of the draft last night, i was put on the spot and wasnt happy. NO LIVE DRAFT, Yahoo AutoPick thats it or we keep what we had last night.

Magic - You'll need to confirm who is & isn't in. There seems to be 3-5 paople who have walked away (or have changed interest levels) due to the draft situation. I guess if we can view the draft results before making a decision, that would be best. Everyone may be happy with the people that ended up being selected for them. At this stage, not knowing who my team is, I cannot say I will continue or whether I'd prefer redraft (Autopick & Yahoo pre-ranks all 16 teams).

I wasn't able to make it either last night, but from what I hear the guys did a fair job. I dropped in at one point when I had some time and picked a couple of guys, and for the guys that were not there at the time, the players they got were voted the next best by the guys running the draft, so I don't think anyone left with a shit team.

I ended up giving the guys a list for myself and they sorted it for me, so I am quite happy to go with what they did.

Tw's and I are both happy with ours. Like it was said, for those not there they got the highest ranked player just like they would using autopick. There was little discussion about who apart from Amare who may be injured for a stretch. So all was fair. Its just some may have wanted more smokey players that the rankings put a little low and may have better years.

I'd like to see the teams please if ya can??

Yeah I'd like to see who I was dealt too....

Not knowing how these things work.....

I thought we were allowed to pick anyone we wanted, to make the better team each week/day. with x amount of ponts to spend on each player???

I guess I'm totally lost on this... lol

why would you go throught the process again or do auto pick?
the teams came out fair, so their is nuthin to complain about...

magicman , post all the teams later..

their still are some good players in the free agent pool, and trades will commence shortly, so whats the problem?
we had 12-13 turn out at one stage, as if that wasnt a good turnout...

MavsMan said:
Yeah I'd like to see who I was dealt too....

Not knowing how these things work.....

I thought we were allowed to pick anyone we wanted, to make the better team each week/day. with x amount of ponts to spend on each player???

I guess I'm totally lost on this... lol

That happens in Yahoo Premier League Soccer and I think its a better system =/

But then again, all the US Fantasy sports use the draft system i think.

In the end, we just gave the next person the highest ranked player, so there is no problem about quality. The only problem may be someone having too many guards or forwards or centres.

Back
Top Bottom