Latest Movie/DVD you've seen, and what would you rate it...

WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Went to see Serenity on Saturday arvo, not a bad flick, but was disappointed in it.

I wont give anything away, but it wasnt what it was made out to be....

3/5

Hired out The Boogeyman on DVD last night.

Quoted as the "Scariest film - EVER" on the cover.
Not far off it.

If you liked The Grudge this is for you. If you havent seen it, and like ones that make your goose bumps rise, and your blood go cold.... this'll float ya boat!!

4/5

Watched Coach Carter on DVD on Friday night.

4.5/5

Absolutely awesome. Blue Chips still my fav (due to Shaq/Penny), but this was a great story about coming together and working together as a team. I got a lot out of it.

last movie I watched was Analyze That (the sequel to Analyse This)
I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. It had it's moments where it was a stinker, and if I'd paid to watch it at the cinemas I'd have thrown jaffas at the screen in disgust. But I would say that since I'd heard it get bagged endlessly, I didn't find it so bad because of my ultra low expectations.
De Niro has some funny lines in it "You, you. you" heheheh
ohhhh nelly
so overall I'd rate it a 3/5 if you go in expecting dogshit
but otherwise I'd say it's a 2/5 movie

ok well last week i watched the scariest movie i have ever seen, and it was a great movie

dead birds
ill give it 4/5

but saturday night i watched hostage
4/5 also, bruce willis enuf said, hes a champion!!! :eek:

My last cinema night out was with my g/f and my mates to watch White Noise. It's a great movie. 4 out of 5.

I probably have seen others but I just can't seem to remember them at the moment.

Cheers!~

Just saw 40 Year Old Virgin, and its a classic!

4/5

Possibly the comedy of the year, although I hear Wedding Crashers is pretty good too.

Just went and saw 40 year old virgin, its awesome the porr bastard takes some punishment :lol: (loses a nipple or two). Me and my mates didnt stop laughing for the whole 2 hours :D

8/10

the best part is when he is getting his chest waxed WOW that would hurt bad. i'm glad i dont have a hairy chest :) and all the other actors were laughing in that scene too. i haven't laught that much in ages

Hey Mavs, why were you dissapointed with Serenity? Just curious as I have only seen the Preview which was unedited at the first preview screening. Big fan of everything Joss Whedon and was just interested in why you thought it wasn't that good.

To be honest, I have watched the Firefly series, and was quite shocked about things that happened in the movie. In a good way, but yeah my mouth hit the floor multiple times.

jvalles69 said:
Hey Mavs, why were you dissapointed with Serenity? Just curious as I have only seen the Preview which was unedited at the first preview screening. Big fan of everything Joss Whedon and was just interested in why you thought it wasn't that good.

To be honest, I have watched the Firefly series, and was quite shocked about things that happened in the movie. In a good way, but yeah my mouth hit the floor multiple times.

I havent seen Firefly yet, but looks excellent series, that's what I was hoping Serenity would be like, all those effects, and high flying martial arts, and guns, n this n that.... (the poster at Village depicted the movie out to look like it would be).

I just thought it was a bit of a let down....

Could have been way improved.

You've seen Matrix 2 (whatever it was), how Trinity's the "main" actor sorta, how at the start she infiltrates that base/lab rah rah rah.... well I thought Serenity would be based around that sorta, with her the main actor, and she's like "the one", but she's only got like 2 main parts in the movie... I wont say no more, hopefully I havent put anyone off going to see it, or download it (lol), you might like it......

Saw Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children last night.

Had some friends in the US send me a copy.

Being that there's no English version released yet, it was Japanese with English Subtitles.

Australian release is scheduled for February 2006.....

Anyone who's played the game, or the Final Fantasy games before, would know what this is all about.

Words cannot describe how detailed this movie is. I was having dinner while watching it, and I tell ya I went hungry, cos I couldnt take my eyes off the screen!

4.5/5 (missing .5 for subtitles, lol).

Movies I saw this month:

Cinderella Man: Not too shabby. One of those feel good movies with a Rocky touch. Russell Crowe is heaps fit in this movie. 3/5.

Willy Wonka: Excellent movie! Johnny Depp is a classic! The movie even made me cry! HEHE. Oompa loompas are sick! 4/5

Corpse Bride: Very morbid cartoon. :p Watched it coz there was nothing else on the cinemas. 2/5

Deuce Bigalow 2: WAHAHA! This is a sick movie. Sick literally. Lots of gay stuff happening here. Rob Schnieder is funny as though. 3/5

Fantastic 4: Awesome movie! One of the best Marvel movies out there next to Spiderman. 4/5

House of the Dead: LOL. What a waste of time. Resident Evil was far better than this. Full of exploding guts and decapitated zombie heads eating living humans. 1/5

jvalles69 said:
Just saw 40 Year Old Virgin, and its a classic!

4/5

Possibly the comedy of the year, although I hear Wedding Crashers is pretty good too.

I've seen both and they're both classics!!! :D Probably lean towards Wedding Crashers... love Vince Vaughn!!!

Highly recommend both....

Kidd - Agree with you about Oompa Loompa's. He's a classic!!!! :lol:

I saw '40 Year Old Virgin' on Friday night. 'Twas extremely funny and good story, especially about not paying out the concept of a 40yo virgin, but actually made it quite real. 4/5 and well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom