Latest Movie/DVD you've seen, and what would you rate it...

I havent seen Firefly yet, but looks excellent series, that's what I was hoping Serenity would be like, all those effects, and high flying martial arts, and guns, n this n that.... (the poster at Village depicted the movie out to look like it would be).

Yeah, I can see how teh movie was depicted like that for people that haven't seen the series. The whole show is character based so it would have been a tough transfer. Should get a hold of Firefly and you probably would appreciate the movie more. A couple of the characters didn't even have many scenes (ie Shepherd Book), but all was explained in a 3 issue comic series brought out just before the release of the movie.

On to other things, I would love to get a copy of Final Fantasy off you if that's possible?

PS Can't wait to see The Rock blow Sh@@ up in the Doom movie!

Haven't watched a lot of movies recently but two of the latest are:

Charlie & Chocloate Factory (the new one) - LOVED IT :D . Jonny Depp as Willy Wonka is Brilliant. And the fact its so different form the first one is also a bonus cos you don't compare the two. Love the oompa loompas in the new one!

Dodge Ball - Anything with Ben Stiller in it makes for a good movie :smt041 The competition commentators come out with the best comments.

Haven't seen much else but planning on hiring out the newest Batman one soon.

Cool, I'm actually lookin forward to seeing Charlie too!

Batman Begins aint bad, it's different. Really a prequal to the first one... hench the name :p

I got an Asian Import called "The Princess Blade" which I'm gonna watch this arvo, it's been dubbed with English 5.1 (original was Japanese).

Should be good!!!

Just watched Fantastic Four and it was pretty good! Was surprised because wasn't expecting much. It's good that these Superhero stories are being told in film. I've been reading and collecting comics since I was about 9!

For all you martial arts buffs, you have to get hold of Fist of Legend, which is a remake of Bruce Lee's Fist of Fury! This movie is sick, and has some of the best fight scenes ever...not to mention Jet Li playing Bruce Lee's part! I'll even go as far to say its is better than the original :shock:
Hopefully I haven't started a heated discussion! :lol:

last few movies I seen are:

Final Fantasy Advent Children. Awesome 9/10
Story was simply a showcase for the visuals. I didn't really get into it that much but the look of the whole film was superb and the Bahamut summon was tops :D

Cinderella Man. great! 8.5/10
Really liked this movie, it was better than I was expecting and was one of the best boxing movies I've seen.

Gladiator. nice movie 7.5/10
Not the Russell Crowe one, the one with Cuba Gooding Jr and the guy from A Few Good Men. This is also a boxing movie. I'd seen it ages ago and saw it cheap at big w ($7.48 for the DVD I think) so grabbed it.

Front Page. Hilarious! 9/10
This movie is rad. I bought it off ebay. It's a HK movie starring all three of the Hui brothers as reporters and they get up to all kinds of slapstick comedy.

I just bought a whole slew of other movies I been looking forward to watching off ebay.
Korean Horror 'Red Shoes' (check out the trailer here)
http://www.ziness.com/movie/pink/data/RS_Teaser_512x384_500k.wmv
I also got 'The Wig', another Korean Horror flick.
And just got Tsui Hark's 'Seven Swords' which looks promising too.
Plus one more, a japanese horror movie called 'Kairo' about a website that when people view it they start getting haunted or something along those lines. sounds a bit like The Ring but will have to see if it's any good..

I also saw The Eye a while back which is about a woman who gets a cornea transplant and starts seeing things through the eyes of the dead donor which was pretty cool

best asian horror flick though would definitely be 'Shutter' if you can ever find this movie I reckon u should grab it. It's a Thai movie with english subs it's really good though I seen it about 6 times already :D

have any of u guys seen Dark Water yet?
if so whats your opinions of it?
I got the Japanese one and watched it about a year back and it had some really spooky scenes in it but generally was pretty slowly paced film.
wasn't extremely scary more like the eerie mood that gets ur hair to stand up although there are some good parts at the end.

jvalles69 said:
For all you martial arts buffs, you have to get hold of Fist of Legend, which is a remake of Bruce Lee's Fist of Fury! This movie is sick, and has some of the best fight scenes ever...not to mention Jet Li playing Bruce Lee's part! I'll even go as far to say its is better than the original :shock:
Hopefully I haven't started a heated discussion! :lol:

I second that!
Fist of Legend is a SICK ASS movie! :D
loved it loved it loved it
mines dubbed version but they actually did a pretty good job of it
did u watch dubbed too or with english subs?

Saw "The Man" on Friday night. Very funny. Samuel Jackson is very good & Eugene Levy's voice reminds me of Inspector Gadget (now that Don Adams has passed on - former voice of I.G). Pretty cool, and both my mate & I enjoyed it.

i watched batman over the weekend and i thought by far the best batman movie made. alot darker than the previous ones but thats what it should be like.

and had to go watch in her shoes witht he gf. for a chick flick at least i didnt go to sleep. mmmmm cameron diaz in bikini :shock:

watched Red Shoes last night.
It's not bad, although not quite as good as I was expecting. I'd give it a solid 7.0
it does have a few scary parts in it, my wife screamed really loud in one part :lol:

watched "kingdom of Heaven" today thought it was good, battle scenes were really , very authentic i thought, but it think it went a little to long (138 mins)
overall 3.5/5

Saw the media preview of DOOM tonight

:prayer: Rosamund Pike :smt049

Pike.JPG

She made the movie superb.

Many funny moments, worth a see.

4/5!!

well i went to the movies tonight with my G'f and we got to the pictures at around 20 past 7, there were no movies startin' till around 9 from then on.

So we took a gamble and went to see "Into The Blue" featuring oh yeh Jessica Alba!! and Paul Walker (who my G'f thinks is so hot!) so i thought fair enough you can check him out and i can check her out!!

welll, welll, i would have to say that this turned out to be quite a interesting movie. One of my favs for the year without a doubt!!!

so go check this out she is hot and this movie is hot.

4/5 from me, not just because of Alba but the movie is very good indeed.

I went and seen Charlie & his oompa loompas :D , which was pretty good about a 7/10, then i saw Stealth, with Jessica Biel it was a really enjoyable movie, its about a new jet which is controlled by a computer and of course everything doesnt go to plan and it starts getting its own ideas :smt068 doing what ever it like overall about an 8/10.
I see most of the movies that come out these days as i work at a cinema on the Laverton RAAF Base in Melbourne. if any of you guys live in and around the western suburbs of melbourne you could join up its cheap as chips to get in, check it out

http://www.raafwilliamscinemas.org.au/

Watched Star Wars Episode 3 - Revenge Of The Sith Monday night. It's a great movie, shows the turning of Anykin Skywalker to the Darkside, and becoming Darth Vader.

I'd say 4/5

Who's going to see Saw 2 next week??? (actually think it starts end of this week...??)

My father-in-law got back from China on the weekend and brought with him a bootleg copy of Saw 2, along with The Fog and Tim Burton's Corpse Bride and a bunch of others.
I think I'll watch Saw 2 tonight.

Last night watched War of the worlds, awesome effects! Preety awesome movie and also watched Boogeyman- preety bloody scarey !!!!

Back
Top Bottom