Kobe is Still too weak !! (Just for fun)

What doe shave Penny Hardaway have to do with the conversation??

And you may think that Gasol was a gift....

Clearly it wasnt....

Your such an expert on this whole subject why arent you a NBA GM???:(
:thumbsup:

Gasol clearly was a gift. That's why Stephen A. Smith ranted about it.

Stephen A. Smith > Pennysdaman > oz >

no more needs to be said :)

Gasol clearly was a gift. That's why Stephen A. Smith ranted about it.

Stephen A. Smith > Pennysdaman > oz >

no more needs to be said :)

Wow. Thanks Jim. Where do you fit in there? No seriously, I'm just happy to be mentioned in the same sentance as Stephen A. Thanks for setting us all straight. :rolleyes:

Anyone can call that trade whatever they want. I'm not blind. I know who the GM's are. I understnd the history of those GM's. One of them is a Laker who is on every NBA Jersey in the league. I'm just saying we clearly didn't do bad out of it but no one had a gun to anyones head. We get the devloped Gasol, Memphis are left with the up and coming Gasol. We clearly got the better end, I'm not blind. No one said boo about it when we lost last season but they're quick to try and tear this season apart any which way they can. It's actually funny at times so I don't know why I don't just play the sidelines a bit more. What's funnier is when we traded for Kwame giving up Caron, no one said squat then either. Why would they? Lakers lost out. Clearly.

I'd expect all this kind of stuff from a Boston fan, it would be due and I'd just take it. But when someone makes it their personal vendetta against the Lakers and they can't even say who they follow, because it ranges from month to month, season to season, then I can't help but speak up. We follow a team. We support that team. You would think when following teams you'd have the better end of the deal. It's clearly better odds. Obviously not. That to me is where that hate is fueled. I still haven't heard the problem with the Ariza deal. I just hear the same answer repeated since day 1 where we got Gasol. Saying it was a pure gift is great insight. It's about as realistic and as intelligent as that Avatar; Kobe wasn't in that movie at all. I do like it though but maybe you should whip one up of AI on the cover of 'Menace to Society'.

I'll leave it there before this fun little thread get's closed down. :wave:

Why hating on "scrub" teams?

He's not hating on scrub teams man, he's just making a point.

Seems I've been as ignorant as some poeple here. After looking into it, West wasn't even GM at the time, Wallace was. West has gone on the record saying he had nothing to do with the whole deal. People just writing it off as that makes sense, it's a convenient way to support an argument against an already hated team.

People can look at it and say 'well it should have been All Star for All Star' kind of thing but the fact remains Memphis did this to clear cap space and saved something like 8 Million the following season. They accomplished what they wanted to out of the deal.

San Antonio basically did the same thing the same season, even after Pop came out and criticised the whole deal, then helped the same organisation he was criticising and gained a verteran Point Gaurd in the process for peanuts.

At the end of the day, who cares? Only those that can't stand to see LA on top. That's who. Get use to it. Instead of criticising, how about giving Mitch a pat on the back? He put us ahead of schedule last season and this season we arrived right on time. :D

Wow. Thanks Jim. Where do you fit in there? No seriously, I'm just happy to be mentioned in the same sentance as Stephen A. Thanks for setting us all straight. :rolleyes:

Anyone can call that trade whatever they want. I'm not blind. I know who the GM's are. I understnd the history of those GM's. One of them is a Laker who is on every NBA Jersey in the league. I'm just saying we clearly didn't do bad out of it but no one had a gun to anyones head. We get the devloped Gasol, Memphis are left with the up and coming Gasol. We clearly got the better end, I'm not blind. No one said boo about it when we lost last season but they're quick to try and tear this season apart any which way they can. It's actually funny at times so I don't know why I don't just play the sidelines a bit more. What's funnier is when we traded for Kwame giving up Caron, no one said squat then either. Why would they? Lakers lost out. Clearly.

I'd expect all this kind of stuff from a Boston fan, it would be due and I'd just take it. But when someone makes it their personal vendetta against the Lakers and they can't even say who they follow, because it ranges from month to month, season to season, then I can't help but speak up. We follow a team. We support that team. You would think when following teams you'd have the better end of the deal. It's clearly better odds. Obviously not. That to me is where that hate is fueled. I still haven't heard the problem with the Ariza deal. I just hear the same answer repeated since day 1 where we got Gasol. Saying it was a pure gift is great insight. It's about as realistic and as intelligent as that Avatar; Kobe wasn't in that movie at all. I do like it though but maybe you should whip one up of AI on the cover of 'Menace to Society'.

I'll leave it there before this fun little thread get's closed down. :wave:

Haha I know apart from the first 3 lines of your post you weren't directing this at me Oz but yeah.

Just know with my Stephen A. Smith post I was just talking ****. Mainly because Smith's rant on Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown might be the funniest thing I saw NBA-related all of last season.

"So Stephen, do you think the Lakers got a good end of the deal?"

Stephen A. Smith: "Is that a trick question? When you get something (Pau) for nothing (Kwame), you obviously get the better end."

Had me roflying all week. hahaha.

It's funny, this went from being a WTF Thread to something interesting...

I'd say that Gasol was picked up for nothing, but who really cares? If the Lakers could pull of such a deal, we should commend them, cos our own team(s) couldnt do it!

It's funny, this went from being a WTF Thread to something interesting...

I'd say that Gasol was picked up for nothing, but who really cares? If the Lakers could pull of such a deal, we should commend them, cos our own team(s) couldnt do it!

Areed.

Miami gave up Butler, Odom and Grant for Shaq.

Shaq then turned into a 40-year version of injury-ridden Andrew Bynum.

We traded him for Marion we we suddenly discovered can't score without a great point guard.

Who we then traded for JO, so we are back to having a 30 year-old injury-ridden Andrew Bynum.

This is what people are missing, Jerry West kept on rebuilding the Lakers from his office in Memphis. :thumbsup:

I guess same could be said with Mchale helping the Celtics!:lol:

That is some very interesting information..... i guess it does seem a little strange with both doing big "team changing" deals like that :blink:

Areed.

Miami gave up Butler, Odom and Grant for Shaq.

Shaq then turned into a 40-year version of injury-ridden Andrew Bynum.

We traded him for Marion we we suddenly discovered can't score without a great point guard.

Who we then traded for JO, so we are back to having a 30 year-old injury-ridden Andrew Bynum.

Gave up? Are you kidding me? :eek:

We traded you guys a championship, pure and simple. He already had the injury problems on the cards so it wasn't like we sold you a lemon out of a dealership. :lol:

You guys knew the kind of mileage a guy like that had but Pat wanted that Championship then and there. Shaq delivered. Sucks with the wear and tear that couldn't go on for long but the city of Miami got what they wanted.

As for your other post, don't stress man. I'm not implying I'm higher than Stephen A Smith but I don't need people telling me I'm lower than him either. :v:

Gave up? Are you kidding me? :eek:

We traded you guys a championship, pure and simple. He already had the injury problems on the cards so it wasn't like we sold you a lemon out of a dealership. :lol:

You guys knew the kind of mileage a guy like that had but Pat wanted that Championship then and there. Shaq delivered. Sucks with the wear and tear that couldn't go on for long but the city of Miami got what they wanted.

As for your other post, don't stress man. I'm not implying I'm higher than Stephen A Smith but I don't need people telling me I'm lower than him either. :v:

Yes 'gave' up.

Caron Butler is a top 5 SF in the NBA right now and Odom could be an all-star if he started on over half the teams in the NBA.

Prior to Shaq coming to us he had played 67 games 3 seasons in a row. Sure he missed a couple but theres no way you could say we envisioned him having one 70 game season and then not be able to play over 59 for the remaining seasons he was on the team.

When we traded for him yes we knew he was old, he was 32 at that point but in no way did we think he would only have one near-full season with us.

Yes 'gave' up.

Caron Butler is a top 5 SF in the NBA right now and Odom could be an all-star if he started on over half the teams in the NBA.

Prior to Shaq coming to us he had played 67 games 3 seasons in a row. Sure he missed a couple but theres no way you could say we envisioned him having one 70 game season and then not be able to play over 59 for the remaining seasons he was on the team.

When we traded for him yes we knew he was old, he was 32 at that point but in no way did we think he would only have one near-full season with us.

Then how do you think we feel having 'given' up said top 5 small forward for Kwame? :lol:

It's all irrelevant now considering. I still think Miami got what they immediately wanted. A healthy Shaq and a return to the finals would have been nice, but the Diesel was having injury problems way before he got to summer in Miami beach but yeah, how much worse that was to become wasn't a certainty. Shame you didn't keep him, but then the season he's just had wasn't a certainty either. ;)

What's funnier is when we traded for Kwame giving up Caron, no one said squat then either. Why would they? Lakers lost out. Clearly.

Sure the Lakers lost out..... but Caron wasn't exactly the all-star then he has been the last few years with Washington & I'm sure the Lakers thought
they could try & bring out some of the 'talent' that Kwame supposedley had.... but it didn't work out.

I'd expect all this kind of stuff from a Boston fan, it would be due and I'd just take it. But when someone makes it their personal vendetta against
the Lakers and they can't even say who they follow, because it ranges from month to month, season to season, then I can't help but speak up. We follow a team.
We support that team. You would think when following teams you'd have the better end of the deal. It's clearly better odds. Obviously not. That to me is where
that hate is fueled.

I can't help but think that this is aimed at me..... ok, let's get this straight once & for all.... I'm a player follower, not a team follower..... if one
of the guys I collect like DWills or AI plays for a certain team then I will be following them, if they change teams then I will also change the team I am following.
I don't live in a certain city in the US so I am NOT connected to any one team.... if you choose to follow a certain team, then that is your prerogative, as it is
mine to be able to follow whatever team(s) I want; I don't give a **** if it gives me more "better odds" for one of my teams to win & also don't give a **** what
you think.

So please enough of the comments about the teams I follow or "choose" to follow as you like to put it.

I still haven't heard the problem with the Ariza deal.

I really can't remember the specifics, all I remember is thinking that they got a pretty good deal out of it. But if I had to guess maybe the players the Magic
got back they may have cut? I really don't know..... maybe there wasn't much in it??

It's about as realistic and as intelligent as that Avatar; Kobe wasn't in that movie at all. I do like it though but maybe you should whip one up of AI on
the cover of 'Menace to Society'.

Come on.... I'm sure you're intelligent enough to know what the image is poking fun at!?

Sure the Lakers lost out..... but Caron wasn't exactly the all-star then he has been the last few years with Washington & I'm sure the Lakers thought they could try & bring out some of the 'talent' that Kwame supposedley had.... but it didn't work out.

I can't help but think that this is aimed at me..... ok, let's get this straight once & for all.... I'm a player follower, not a team follower..... if one of the guys I collect like DWills or AI plays for a certain team then I will be following them, if they change teams then I will also change the team I am following. I don't live in a certain city in the US so I am NOT connected to any one team.... if you choose to follow a certain team, then that is your prerogative, as it is mine to be able to follow whatever team(s) I want; I don't give a **** if it gives me more "better odds" for one of my teams to win & also don't give a **** what you think.

So please enough of the comments about the teams I follow or "choose" to follow as you like to put it. I really can't remember the specifics, all I remember is thinking that they got a pretty good deal out of it. But if I had to guess maybe the players the Magic got back they may have cut? I really don't know..... maybe there wasn't much in it??

Come on.... I'm sure you're intelligent enough to know what the image is poking fun at!?

Hey look man, I really don't care who you follow, seriously. I know alot of guys here are player collectors and follow their players, there's nothing wrong with that at all. I have friends the same way. It's not out of the ordinary. I made a choice at a very young age (before my collecting days) based on a player I liked and that led me to support the team I like. You've got Man U fans worldwide and the following spreads like wildfire. A true fan of any team couldn't care less about their location. I grew up supporting teams in the AFL, NBL and NBA. I have to look to the NBA to supply me with the best tallent and most entertaining basketball in the world (Imo), so to me it just makes sense to follow the one team all the way and stick with the one team like I do in the AFL.

When I take the **** mentioning following team(s) and all that, it's based on the last two seasons where you seem more than happy to support anyone facing LA. When you talk too much smack, I'm going to remind you of this. It's that simple. You seem to just jump at the chance to say something negative wherever there's a window too. I'm not the Lakers PR team so I'm not about defend every negative comment minor or major but I'll speak up from time to time, that much is obvious. Still there's not law against expressing an opinion, everyones entitled to theirs and I know I follow a hated team, so this is naturally going to happen.

Anyway, it's done and dusted. Keep posting what you want no matter how true, how fase, how rediculous, how relative, how ignorant, how ironic etc etc

Just know you wll get a reply from time to time, especially when laying bait the way you can. I don't need to be hungry to bite. If it's all in good fun it will stay that way. If it seems a little below the belt, I can play that game too. I will ignore it sometimes, but I will reply when it seems like it's overkill or outrageous. I'm a fan, I support my team.

And yeah, your avatar is very clever. :D

I'm sure you're intelligent enough to see the irony in my comments about it though. The comparison was pretty straight forward...

When I take the **** mentioning following team(s) and all that, it's based on the last two seasons where you seem more than happy to support anyone facing LA.

You've got to be ****ting me right!? I thought we went through this a few weeks ago???

Ok... I really don't know exactly what you would like me to do when the lakers face an opponent in a series? Root for the lakers or be indifferent to the series? Cause clearing I'm not "allowed" to root for the opposing team... :rolleyes:

You've got to be ****ting me right!? I thought we went through this a few weeks ago???

Ok... I really don't know exactly what you would like me to do when the lakers face an opponent in a series? Root for the lakers or be indifferent to the series? Cause clearing I'm not "allowed" to root for the opposing team... :rolleyes:

No you're allowed to do whatever you want. And you don't have to explain it again, trust me. If I think it's a laugh then hey that's just my peronal opinion. Where did I state where you're allowed and not allowed to do anything? Don't get uptight about it again and read what I said there, not just the part that you disagree with. If you're going to constantly knock this team, every chance you get, especially when your little clever posts are becoming narcissistic, then of course I'm going to remind you of it. I promise I never will again since you're so up in arms about it. I'll let you in on a little secret; I hate the Spurs. I mean HATE. I don't wish death on Timmy D, I know how good he is for crying out loud, I know he's a good guy and I'm not blinded by my dislike for that team, but I really can not stand the Spurs. But you will never hear me backing a team that the Spurs play. Not once in the playoffs would you have seen me talking up the Mavs for the sake of beating the Spurs. And it would be a cold day in hell the day i do get on a bandwagon for the sake of an unliked teams failure. But that's just me....

The bottom line is you support whoever you want to support. Follow all 29 teams that we play next season. If there's nothing wrong with it then why the hell do you even care what I think? :blink:

But you will never hear me backing a team that the Spurs play.

But I'm sure you're rooting for the other team to win ;)

I think I know what you're getting at... it's that I'm being too passionate about backing one team to win over another even when they're not my own team..... well excuse me... but I enjoy the game of basketball & like anyone have my preferences in which teams I like over another team & if you think that's "funny" or "amusing" then so be it.... you can bring it up anytime you like.. don't think there is "anything" to bring up though.

I'm done with this subject...... good day! :)

Back
Top Bottom