Just let go..

Sorry to hear they did that to you. I manage store that competes with Athletes Foot and for them to fire you like that seems waaaay off. If you were on the state award and they have not given you warnings ( must be written ) then they really have no basis to fire you. They have to have documented proof you were delinquent in your job, the only time that doesn't count is during your probation period or if it's a big offence ( stealing, drugs etc )

Personally I'd see what H/O has to say then attack them for everything you can. It also shouldn't be a public record of this claim either, they legally can't tell a prospective employer, the worst they can do is offer no reference. If you would like to know more or just wanna talk crap about them feel free to PM me mate.

PS Foot Locker looks after their people and will actually help customers ;) Well we do in my store :)

^I sent an email to HO, but nothing has come back, I'm sure they have done nothing about it.

I was actually approached by the Carousel Foot Locker manager to come work with them, not sure where I'm going just yet though...

Hey mate, i am General Manager of a labour hire company based in Perth and Kununurra, we primarily provide labour to various mining companies in the Pilbara and Kimberley regions of WA.

Always looking for guys, can't guarantee you anything but more then willing to do the rounds for you, if you have a HR license or the like always beneficial.

Shoot me a pm either way for my email address, and i will give you my contact number to call me on Monday.

Oh yeah and i always shopped at AMart anyways...

^Thanks for the offer, but the g/f wouldn't be very happy with me away at the mines :)

Just to keep everyone updated, I'm going to my first interview today and hopefully I get a few replies as I sent off a lot of applications during the weekend.

Well i have actually started turning down jobs due to lack of wages. But I start work again tomorrow at a steel place in which I have no experience :). They wanted me to start today, but I wasn't prepared to be given a job after 2min of being in the place.

Well i have actually started turning down jobs due to lack of wages. But I start work again tomorrow at a steel place in which I have no experience :). They wanted me to start today, but I wasn't prepared to be given a job after 2min of being in the place.

Congrats on the job!!:thumbsup:

You're not working for Vanderlay Industries are you???;)

Ahh the first day went pretty good. The business is called decor vents and they distribute steel and a few other products to construction company's. Physical work, but it seems alright for the time beeing :).

Ahh the first day went pretty good. The business is called decor vents and they distribute steel and a few other products to construction company's. Physical work, but it seems alright for the time beeing :).

Congrats buddy, atleast there is some $ coming in. Keep an ear and eye out for the sales department and see if you can suss any vacancies ;)

as long as you have income, you can still look for other opportunities.
better this than getting centrelink payments.
believe me, i know!

Back
Top Bottom