Is Ozcard Forum > Beckett

Trey

David Robinson Collector
Real Name
Marty
eBay User
admiral5071
take away pure size, members and what not...what Im saying is...

this forums design shits all over beckett...

I dont go to beckett coz its too hard to read, the format sucks, too much posting of shit on the one board, hard to find info...people have MASSIVE sigs with tonnes of text....it blows...

we have it nice here, some sigs are a little massive and textoverloaded, but generally its all good...

Although it's the home of the nicest cards in the world, I hate the Beckett Boards.

OzCardTrader rocks.

Beckett is ok..... it's great to work with O/S people, rather than just here locally all the time, cos they have a wider range of inventories.

It's also a great source to advertise you big pulls!!

But, I prefer to post here than Beckett.

I was even accused of having a bad rep today, was rather offended by that, Chad came to my rescue and the other member appologised, saying he thought I was someone else.

This place is great for us Aussie collectors, which I think it's originally created for..... in hope to expand on the hobby interest here at home....

Thats it Mavs you hit the nail on the head. The main reason for Ozcards was to get the Aussie collectors together and try and expand our hobby, which i think is slowly taking effect.

Beckett boards suck. Pages take forever to load because of people with their HUGE sigs and most of them are down right rude.

Did you guys see how they ripped on a 13 year old kid because all he had was Lebron base cards? He was asking them to rate his PC and all they said was shit. It's not like 13 year olds can afford Lebron autos.

Ye... nba down under is pretty limited as far as collectors go...
There all into this afl crap !!!
Still this site is now my startup page when the old pc gets turned on..
The lads here are excellent and the odds of me getting ripped on trades are i would say very small.
my thanks to admins and all those who make this site what it is..
Australias best nba card site..

Beckett has had its moments. Altough now it out of control. Before all the plugging of it in the mag it had quite a few great older collectors and the kid that were on were mostly OK. Now its just full of OT posts and stupid questions with the majority of the others guys not posting now. JJ, Gemzy, Hill33, Ryan(ACT) and I cut our teeth on there and thats how we know each other. Same for MrKG who found me there. For a while there was a HUGE Aussie contingent there. My post count is higher over there than here still.

Although all of us have pretty much given up on the place. You get flammed for posting the truth. How stupid is that? Some kid that doesn't know better keeps going on and on about how he is right coz 'he's the man and I'm in Australia, so I couln't possibly know'. Apart from old school members there thats what we cop now. I'm not going to bother arguing with kiddies anymore and only post depending on the author of the thread really.

This place has exploded in the last 6 months! This is more of a community than a forum and thats why I say share and share alike. Do the deal that helps you and the other member out not just for a bigger profit. If you can help someone do it. We are better than that lot at beckett. Flamming here is pretty limited to some of my responses LOL And everyone appreciates everyones collection to some degree I've found.

And if we can pool money in for a forum this good looking then where is all the money from dodgey grading going with beckett and its shit design???

Well done Kyle for creating this place and well done Graham for helping it expand. That and to all the old school members that kept it going till all the new members came along.

Now put a lamb chop on the bbq and read todays posts. For we are all sons and daughters of the southern cross and members of the best bloody forum in the world.

OzCards!

as an aussie quite frankly yes

dont know about those people from the states but i just hatre scrolling through pages upon pages of shit on the beckett boards

though i do like looking at the big pulls that always get posted there

I agree with Chad ive been using beckett boards for about 3 years and ive bearly made a post there since ive been on this forum. As i only have dial up beckett is a nightmare. I also met alot of people that are on here now that were on beckett such as Jimmy Jackson, Gemz and Sasquach.
Keep up the good work.

I agree with Chadjaja... :D

I've only been collecting Basketball for about 3-4 months now and love this place... I'm here everyday...

Great idea, great design and most importantly... great people/members:D

I'm a member on the Beckett boards, but only because of my MOJO Mj pull... anyone remember that... ;) I've never posted apart from that...

Congrats to all here! :D

This site OWNS beckett if your an Aussie collector. I signed up for beckett, made some posts (hehe Scotty), returned once and never went back again. I sign in to this site 3 times or more a day!

OZCARDS :D :D:D :D

I have never been on Beckett....and by the sounds of things never will. I was recommended to this site by All Star Cards and havent looked back. Now i find myself logging on at least 5 times a day...

Great work to all involved!!!!

Back
Top Bottom