graham

Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
I'm starting to get pissed off with the number of people on here who, at the smallest sign of something going against them, or them looking silly for comments, get very VERY defensive and start hurling abuse.

Look, not everyone knows everything, and you are going to make mistakes. But shut up and learn from them and don't go hurling abuse because YOU fucked up. Learn from it, deal with it, fix your mistakes and move on.

There is a lot of people here with lots of knowledge, so either take advantage and listen to them or I fear we may lose some of the people that make this place as good as it is !!

But don't forget Graham, people have a right to react and be defensive too. Even if they might be on the wrong. :)

I can only think of three incidents leading up to this, and on all three, both sides did something "wrong" to respond to what they think was also wrong.

I really believe there's no need for embarassment threads. We should all be mature here and help each other- respecting BOTH SIDES involved in the incident.

I'm starting to get pissed off with the number of people on here who, at the smallest sign of something going against them, or them looking silly for comments, get very VERY defensive and start hurling abuse.

Look, not everyone knows everything, and you are going to make mistakes. But shut up and learn from them and don't go hurling abuse because YOU fucked up. Learn from it, deal with it, fix your mistakes and move on.

There is a lot of people here with lots of knowledge, so either take advantage and listen to them or I fear we may lose some of the people that make this place as good as it is !!

TOTALLY AGREE!

Seems people have a bit too much pride and don't know when to stop making comments that just keep going back and forth without being resolved. Takes a bigger man to just let it go, sort out your differences and move on!

Feels like lots of people make unecessary comments against other people because they can, but I bet if they were face to face they would keep their mouth shuts or get a huge beatdown!

We need some order in this court! :shock:

Yeah Graham is the judge here. :D He can lock threads you know.. so are admins. Haven't seen a locked thread yet though. Sometimes we need someone to put his foot down on things as well. Now I don't agree with the "dictator" type of people who likes having the last say and then shutting off any other arguments/explanations.. but I do believe we should follow authority = Graham and the admins.

Agreed Graham.

If you stuff up etc or made an error in judgement put it down to a learning experiance. But don't argue when you know you are in the wrong.

Some of the problems are real simple things to fix but thats what iratate people the most. No one is out to embarass anyone. But being called out is no big deal.

kidd05 said:
I don't agree with the "dictator" type of people who likes having the last say and then shutting off any other arguments/explanations..

I dont consider myself an admin, I just donated the space/bandwidth/setting up of the forum and I happen to have access to the backend settings so I can update the forum and other things as required. Ive locked one thread here - the Nguyen one - but never intend to lock anything else.

Im in no way saying "look up to me im an admin, i know everything" - far from it.

Just want people to step back sometimes, be prepared to admit you've made a mistake and move on, don't try and convince everyone the sky is red when we damn well know the sky is blue!!

jimmy jackson said:
ehhh i miss all the good stuff. Really wish i knew what the hell started all of this! :oops:

Didn't you pop up out of nowhere too when that twolves guy was getting smashed here? Hehe.

Nice to see ya around mate! Check our NBA betting thread. :D

So, I suppose after reading this thread, I'm one of the main reasons for it? That's fair enough, if you thought I was too confrontational... But if anyone, particularly Fishy who I ended the thread arguing with, feels offended, all they have to do is tell me and I'll apologize. It's no big deal! I mean, the forum I posted it in was called General, and from the little description after it, it seemed anything was fair game. I mean, we have to debate something sooner or later, right? We can't just agree on everything, we're human! Anyway, I have my opinions on matters, others have their own... It's not like I'm gonna refuse to trade with Carlos if I pull a nice Kidd, just because we don't see eye to eye. And you can be sure if I pull a 1/1 or something similar, Fishy will be someone I'll talk to! it's not the end of the forum when people have a disagreement! I mean, we're here to talk cards, all the other stuff comes on the side...

Def don't think you caused this thread axe, but it was just a reminder to everyone.

It happened from something else!

hill33.com said:

hmm, well i am a courteous and polite person.
so it definantly could not be me.
:D

hill33.com said:

A bit of contradiction/irony there... :lol:

Just kidding Graham! I :hearts: you!!!

Daniel: Haha.. you weren't even close to the TOP 3 events Graham was implying! (as im assuming). Funnily enough, 2/3 involved the lovable always positive tender-loving teddybear chadjaja. :) And when are you going overseas man?? I've a belated Birthday present waiting to be sent but I thought you were leaving soon!

hill33.com said:
Im never defensive, if anything my post was offensive :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

That is so similar to this thing-

"The following sentence is true: The previous sentence is false."

Yeah, I fly out on the 28th in the morning, Carlos. Gotta be there for NYE, mate! :wink: I just couldn't see many topics on the board that seemed offensive to me, and since the Van one was locked I figured that must be the most "out there" topic. I mean, there was that T'wolves fella, but he was less offensive and more pitiful than anything else... lol! Guess I'll have to read a few more of the threads I haven't got to and see what the fuss is about... :twisted: hehe

Back
Top Bottom