Hottest Product of 2012-13?

perf1601

Zach Saunders
Real Name
Zach Saunders
eBay User
zach1601
Hey guys,

I've been slaving away this year, year 12 has really taken over, but alas I am back and I want to here your thoughts. What are your favorite products of this year? I'm keen to know what you think!

Immaculate of course!!!!!!!! :lol:

I think probably Certified or Prizms. IMO.

I like some of NT and Flawless, which have nice big premium patches etc, but the other 2 are much better sets.

When we look back I think the NT RPA will hold value as well as the logoman. Parallels from Prizm/Certified will hold their value too.

Well he didn't ask which will retain value. If you are genuine collector value of card has no meaning lol.

Plus I want him to bust stuff so I can buy anything I need for my set chase lol.

He didn't ask us to quantify how 'favourite' will be measured. For some it will be the shiniest card, others will be the best set for their PC player and others it will purely be a chase for what they deem of value. Everyone here will have a different variation of what 'favourite' means to them.

My favourite products of the year are NT for their RPA's and logoman cards, Certified for their parallels and Prizm likewise. I do like the fact these cards IMO will hold their value.

I am a genuine collector (I collect Miami Heat cards, Zo, Ed Davis and BGS high end) .........and I do like to think my purchases will hold their value to some degree (don't we all?).

I hope you do pull some decent cards from his potential bust. Retro does have some nice inserts but the price of the boxes upon release were alarming.

Definitely Prizm was the hottest. Problem is, finding the cash for a box or two. Those darn rare gold prizms (and equally rare, though not numbered, green prizms in retail) caused prices on Prizm to jump sharply and they haven't receded too much.

Definitely Prizm was the hottest. Problem is, finding the cash for a box or two. Those darn rare gold prizms (and equally rare, though not numbered, green prizms in retail) caused prices on Prizm to jump sharply and they haven't receded too much.

Yeah agree with you mate.
I managed to get the zo green early and then the zo gold just after - both for handy prices at the time before boxes increased in price!

Never seen a product sell so fast as Prizm! I was in the US at the time of release, sold out so fast! Great design!

I have to go with Prizm. I haven't busted anything at all for a long long time, but this product seems like everyone can have a go.

That's not the case with NT and Flawless where you have rich gamblers blowing big coin on it. Although group breakers can get involved and most end up without a hit.

Prizm to me seemed the "hottest"

Am I the only one here that thinks prizm is one if the crappiest designs :/

Probably.

I'll give you the hot tip, these cards below are some of the BEST I've EVER seen in hand. And I've owned many Exquisites over the years.

They also NEVER turn up FS any more, adding to their likability.

The base set Golds are nice, not perfect though, but again, the rarity now of them, will make people go back and bust more boxes of this stuff.

If your player is in the MVP set, then you've probably missed out now.

DSC_0229.jpg

Yeah I was here for releases like prizm and the other earlier ones. Thanks a lot for everyones opinion! Definitely looking forward to cracking a box or 2 in the near future!

I am another of those that will turn my nose up at Prizm.. just too much shiny for me. :thumbsdown:
I absolutely despise leaf metal.. what puke.:sick::sick:

I really like the colours and foils and acetate cards of Immaculate and the RPA's of NT.

Flawless, whilst having very nice cards, shot itself in the foot with its stupidly close numbered parrallels.

I think overall, Immaculate is better than National Treasures.. NT just had too many crap looking cards, like the dual match-ups plus everything was flapping stickers!! wtf.

My vote for hottest product of 2012-13 goes once again to.... Bench Warmers!!! :kick::kick::kick:

I think preferred was certainly up there. Seems like forever ago now, but people were going nuts trying to get the books and the prime silo's. The redemptions brought it back down a little but they're in any product now I guess. Sooner or later panini will churn products out so fast that every auto will be a redemption for later lol.

Worst two products I haven't seen mention of from anyone, I'd say momentum and signatures. Sticker autos that just looked hideous on the corresponding designs... And momentum originally had the "gold standard" price tag from memory too for 15 a box with 4 dud rookie autos and a role player essentially.

I suppose Flawless can get a +1 for having zero redemptions and another +1 for on-card Lillard autos. (1/2 of them anyway)
Maybe another +1 for having a cool metal case?

Then a -10 for not being completely 'Flawless' lol

I thought Intrigue was crap.. terrible shaped patch windows and intrigue written in big letters on some of the cards.

Signatures, whilst I like the design of those cards... too expensive to collect..

Same with preferred... too hit and miss, spend $250 on a box and end up with aboslute sh*t.
hate those panini's choice award cards.. what a jib.. pay premium price and get half a friggin card??!!
Those things should look 3D so that the player looks encased in the award made of crystal.

Momentum... crapola also.. haha

Yes I'm hard to please!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom