Hello from Brisbane

Welcome! Hope you have fun here!

Got to meet Dave at an Aussie baseball game......pretty cool guy... took the time to sign for a few people!

Cheers
Matt

Welcome to the site Shane!!
With the ABL will be up and running for the first time in years, baseball appears to be coming back strongly in Australia...there certainly is a growing number of MLB collectors on this site.

Have fun!!

Hi Shane, I collect the same as you. There are a few of us here that collect Aussie ballplayers.

I am in Brisbane as well, sorry I can't help you out with any of your wantlist though.

Did you see that Nilsson has taken Head Coach role at the Baseball Academy on the Gold Coast? Rod Carew, Pat Kelly & Aussie Luke Prokopec are supposed to be helping out. I think Lloyd was there last year as well.

Mark.

Thanks everyone.

Nash13
I met Dave at a few Brisbane Bandits games during the 93/94 season. I still have two signed baseballs and a few cards that he signed for me.

Klattsy
I didn't know Dave was at the Gold Coast.
<sarcasm> I might go down with my 200+ doubles, a chair and table and get him to sign them as a second collection.<sarcasm>

Hi TopFlite,

I had the same idea as you...going down with a couple of dups.

I met Dave at some Bandits games too. I used to get down into the corporate area and the players area and one day I was standing behind home plate and Dave was standing right next to me and Gary Nilsson was pitching, I asked him if he thought Gary was much chop and he said he was alright. Then he borrowed a pen off me to sign some kids autos. I was in awe. I was only about 13 years old :)

I have a couple of cards and a team ball with his autos.

Mark.

Back
Top Bottom