OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matthew
eBay User
theflyinggerco
COMC User
Gerco
Hello Everybody,

Im a new member, which explains why im posting this. My name is Matthew Kneale, aka the flying gerco. I live in Sunbury in the outskirts of the far northern suburbs of melbourne, but im originally from east gippsland, lakes entrance, mallacoota, bairnsdale, those kinda of places...

I guess the reason i collect basketball cards is that i was one of the baby boomers in the 1990's when basketball was king... and i actually liked both the sport and the cards. Had to stop as there is essentially nowhere to get them in east gippy after what i like to call the "stock market crash of basketball cards", (incidentially, if there is, i'd loved to know...) and i was a young fella, bit short on cash to be buying boxes and ordering from melbourne. I was lost to the hobby...

Then came EBay. Simple as that. Ebay. my user name is also the flying gerco there, a few of you probably have sold to me... and all i can say is all of my experiences have been pleasant, effcient and easy!

I collect all cards, mainly sets however from around my childhood years, have found it hard to get into the newer sets as much as i love the older ones, but im warming up to them. I also collect "The Admiral" David Robinson cards.

I'll be honest, most of you guys are probably in another stratosphere with your collecting to me... (reading you've got thousands of one player) but im willing to learn the terms, so i'll apologise right now for my percieved ignorance about different set names (what are they doing, do they let every person who works for a card company make there own set? can i go make my own set for Upper Deck? Skybox?) , its not that its just stupidity...

Well, ive rambled long enough...

If anybody wants to have a chat, drop us a msg, either here, or at [email protected] (quite the original thinker i am:)

cheers,

The Flying Gerco

G'day mate,Welcome to the forum.Hope ya have a great time here.

Hey Matt, how's it going? Yep, I just finished packing some cards for you from Ebay today, will be in the post tomorrow ;) Good to see you on OzCards.
I have a friend that lives in Sunbury, it's nice. Have fun here.

Welcome Matthew! Collecting has certainly changed from the 'good old' days, but you'll learn as you go, and there's plenty of people who are willing to help.

I'll be honest, most of you guys are probably in another stratosphere with your collecting to me... (reading you've got thousands of one player) but im willing to learn the terms, so i'll apologise right now for my percieved ignorance about different set names (what are they doing, do they let every person who works for a card company make there own set? can i go make my own set for Upper Deck? Skybox?) , its not that its just stupidity...

As for designing the cards, I think they have a team that comes up with all that. Although SAGE had a competition for any person to design an insert set and the winner's design would feature in this years 2006 NFL release.
I guess if you have designed something special you can always submit it to either Topps, Upper Deck or Donruss.

Back
Top Bottom