Futera Unique 2014...More of the same, such a shame an educated view

shawnkemp40

🔴⚪⚫
Real Name
Dylan
Ok, normally I don't get into this whole "Fake Futera" thing that has been doing the rounds like the loose legged girl of the neighbourhood..My stance, I have been dubious prior to this current release so I haven't bought them.

However, having got caught up in the hype prior to their Unique 2014 release with what seemed to be Futera cleaning up their act by providing proof of signings etc and showing pictures of generally from the chin down shots of players signing cards and the famous Messi signings I must admit, I got to thinking that these might be something to give a go and had a real sense of optimism.

Now, I am not saying that all of their autos are not genuine instead I am going to ONLY speak about what I know Manchester United player autos. Currently on ebay there are 3 United players autos up for offer from the Unique 2014, Darren Fletcher, Shinji Kagawa and Juan Mata.. Now the harsh reality.... same old same old Futera autos. Darren Fletcher and Juan Mata have pretty consistent autos and Shinji a little less so but the key strokes/characteristics of his signature remain the same, these examples up for offer are not a damn thing like the actual autos of those players and I am actually really disappointed.

I am I an officially qualified certifier of Manchester United signatures? Officially, no - Unofficially, yeah I reckon you would have a pretty damn tough time getting anything passed me, thats not me being a turd, I work hard for my money and I have been collecting Manchester United memorabilia for nearly 20 years so I have a darn good idea of what is or is not legit and thus determines what I spend my hard earned on.

The jersey cards look really nice I must admit but again, the same questions/doubts are being raised and again I will give these a miss.

To the usual defenders (namely Nicholas Harris ;) ) I am not at all trying to warn people away from this series, it is as it has always been with Futera - Buyer Beware.. If you like it , buy it. If not, then don't. My actual annoyance at this release is because I hoped that they (Futera) had seen all the negativity around their autos in previous releases and said "Hey, lets make sure collectors know that we are serious about providing authentic auto and jersey cards" The fact that at least the Manchester United players have not signed the cards has ruined this release for me.

Again, I am not trying to pi$$ on anyones parade here, I am 1 collector who has been let down by this release but there will be thousands world wide who will love it and be comfortable to purchase it and I hope that one day, they will release something that I feel the same way about.

I reiterate, this is just my opinion/view/disappointment and is ONLY based on the Manchester United autos. I still might pick up some of the base cards as at the end of the day it's just a picture card with no particular value and they do look nice.

Happy Collecting and please don't let this become the usual circus that Futera releases seem to bring. If any other knowledgeable collectors of other teams have any thoughts on what they have seen of players from their team from this release please share it with our collecting community, please refrain from just saying " Yeah these are fake sh1te" if you can't back it up don't bother.

Personally this is the WORST release by Futera!!!

Has anyone seen the signature cards this time round? Wow absolutely pathetic! The Titans are the worst of the bunch, have a search on Ebay and tell me they aren't the worst cards around.

But here is my PROBLEM with Futera. On their sell sheet they have written down "Established in 1989" so I am sure they can answer this question; why does this card have a redemption card and a redeemed set the same number?

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/good-ol-futera.154644/

Very dogy practice their by them, makes you wonder how many other 'Extra' print runs they have done over the 15+ years. I would love someone at Futera (Gwenyth, Pardew or whoever they have) to give me a full explanation.

I could run a 2 hour seminar on how dodgy Futera are/have been!!!

Personally this is the WORST release by Futera!!!

Has anyone seen the signature cards this time round? Wow absolutely pathetic! The Titans are the worst of the bunch, have a search on Ebay and tell me they aren't the worst cards around.

But here is my PROBLEM with Futera. On their sell sheet they have written down "Established in 1989" so I am sure they can answer this question; why does this card have a redemption card and a redeemed set the same number?

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/good-ol-futera.154644/

Very dogy practice their by them, makes you wonder how many other 'Extra' print runs they have done over the 15+ years. I would love someone at Futera (Gwenyth, Pardew or whoever they have) to give me a full explanation.

I could run a 2 hour seminar on how dodgy Futera are/have been!!!

Cheers Raj, delicately worded LOL :yellow:

Sorry Dylan, I can be a loose cannon when it comes to Futera ;).

Like everyone that collects cards, it pains me to see a once proud Australian company, who came up with the redemption system and the individual print numbering, being associated with wrong and questionable doings.

Don't get me wrong I still did collect Futera cards but over the past few years I feel let down by their quality assurance process.

FFS this HAS to stop. I just launched the ROFLcopter at this GENUINE hand signed Futera Unique 2014 Juan Mata auto....love to redeem the code to see where he signed this...must have been whilst at a urinal in a pub in Salford and signed with his wrong hand ...please see the card first and then my original club issued certified specimens of Juan's signature. Whilst not all three certified are exactly identical ( Not many players have the skill of Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard or Roy Keane to be 100% consistent) , they are pretty uniform in most places. I believe the words required here are...CASE CLOSED!! I literally need make no further comment on this thread.

juan futera.JPG
mata card.JPG
pennant.JPG
yellow.JPG

Just came across this on ebay. The player was obviously in a rush signing these and did the same card twice by accident and it looks like 2 different people signed it. When people rush when signing this is what happens. I'm a lover of football products and I'm not defending Futera because I have a bias for them or any company such as the Benteke auto from topps, I'm just fighting for the side of innocent until proven guilty. The way I look at it is imagine you were the head of a company and your cards were being signed legitimately yet your name was getting a bad reputation. Just my opinion on things. I'm not an auto collector and I know people want to be certain that things are legit when buying so I can see why people are hesitant but I believe it is simply from rushed signings

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Futera-2014...909?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e8ee7ff5

Last edited:
Just came across this on ebay. The player was obviously in a rush signing these and did the same card twice by accident and it looks like 2 different people signed it. When people rush when signing this is what happens. I'm a lover of football products and I'm not defending Futera because I have a bias for them or any company such as the Benteke auto from topps, I'm just fighting for the side of innocent until proven guilty. The way I look at it is imagine you were the head of a company and your cards were being signed legitimately yet your name was getting a bad reputation. Just my opinion on things. I'm not an auto collector and I know people want to be certain that things are legit when buying so I can see why people are hesitant but I believe it is simply from rushed signings

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Futera-2014...909?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e8ee7ff5

Futera invented the 1 of 1, now they have the 2 of 1 :)

I've looked at a few of the cards, and to me, they look like they have been signed by one person (thickness of pen stroke, etc)

And really they are most piss poor autos I've seen. Just cards with scribble on them.

Back
Top Bottom