free web page/site??

ausjack

Who asked for a Clown!
Real Name
Jayson
I've noticed a few people have web sites/pages and wondering if there are any that are free and really easy to use or what is the best way/place to list things I have to offer.

Thanks for any help :thumbsup:

I started with freewebs but found it did not do what I wanted (website building) so I bought a licence to another product and haven't looked back. Some members on here offer site hosting, ask the site admin graham if he is aware of any reasonably priced outfits.

Thanks Dave, I'm only on the disability pension so it has to be dirt cheap but I've also noticed some people have these blog things..computers aren't as easy or user friendly as they say.

There's definitely a million + 1 options out there for free sites. Most come with some form of advertisement scheme, or you can opt to pay a fee to remove them. If you can get someone to host it, there's also free software that'll allow you to "build" a site.

I'm using Joomla which is being hosted for me, but the software itself is free. I've also got a "Gallery" site, which I use for my albums. So I have a mixture of blog and photo gallery. Gallery is good for me, it's open source I believe, but I paid for an app for my iPhone, so that I can manage the content remotely (when not at a PC), and I can also take snaps and upload them to the site when on the go.

Once you get off the ground, it's pain-free to maintain the site. I do know that Crazy Domains had a sale recently on domain names too, so if you're after a custom Domain (eg www.woobiezcardz.com) they can be had for cheap (picked up another domain for just $3 bucks the other day. Renewals are about $9 bucks).

Further more to this, received an email from Crazy Domains this morning... .com's are still only $3 For $6 you get: Take advantage of this Unlimited web hosting promotion, and give your website a whole new dimension with no limit... UNLIMITED Web Space UNLIMITED Data Transfer UNLIMITED Email Accounts UNLIMITED Email Forwards FREE Web Apps 1000+ Cloud Web Hosting No Hidden or Ongoing Fees Might be helpful for you.

Hey Woobie,

Sorry I didn't answer sooner but I've been resting heaps but also going hard trying to get a bit loaded as I found weebly before your post and started so thought I'd keep going to see what happened and this is where I'm up to but have so much more to do.

Thank you so very much for the advice and if I have any trouble I'll try and find someone that can help me build a site as I'm a retard when it comes to these things and don't really know any one that can help but I'm slowly working these things out..just taking me a bloody long time :lol:

But here's a link to my site if you'd like to suss out what I've done and any help would be most appreciated, thank again mate :thumbsup:

http://ausjack.weebly.com/

Hey Woobie,

Sorry I didn't answer sooner but I've been resting heaps but also going hard trying to get a bit loaded as I found weebly before your post and started so thought I'd keep going to see what happened and this is where I'm up to but have so much more to do.

Thank you so very much for the advice and if I have any trouble I'll try and find someone that can help me build a site as I'm a retard when it comes to these things and don't really know any one that can help but I'm slowly working these things out..just taking me a bloody long time :lol:

But here's a link to my site if you'd like to suss out what I've done and any help would be most appreciated, thank again mate :thumbsup:

http://ausjack.weebly.com/

Hey Jayson, site looks good. Functions well, and is well set out.

GL with it all!

You SHOULD also have the ability to "park" a registered Domain name (ausjackcard.com.au or something) over the freebie site name. So you don't have the "weebly" bit in the URL.

Thanks heaps Scotty :thumbsup:

I still have so much more to go, but now I have a bit of a base to work with. So now I have to have a good think about what else to add and I remember seeing something about site names but I was in my usual rush sorry :rolleyes:

But I notice you have a PC album coming so that should save me some thinking...just joking mate :lol: I try and come up with my own ideas when I can :) But good luck with yours 'cause they're a bit of a pain but still fun learning :thumbsup: and also the bonus of finding lost cards is :cool:

Thanks heaps Scotty :thumbsup:

I still have so much more to go, but now I have a bit of a base to work with. So now I have to have a good think about what else to add and I remember seeing something about site names but I was in my usual rush sorry :rolleyes:

But I notice you have a PC album coming so that should save me some thinking...just joking mate :lol: I try and come up with my own ideas when I can :) But good luck with yours 'cause they're a bit of a pain but still fun learning :thumbsup: and also the bonus of finding lost cards is :cool:

Yeah I'm just too lazy to get the scans re-done and uploaded. ha ha.

I think it's been "coming soon" for quite some time, ha ha.

Thanks Aron and ya site is lookin really good mate..I like it :thumbsup:

Now we just have to get Scotty to play :lol:

Don't worry mate I know what your talkin about and it's a real pain and especially when you have thousands and thousands of cards..I'm really gonna have to do something about them soon :( maybe :D And I'll also let ya off Scotty 'cause I'd be like a slug down there in the cold :thumbsup:

ha ha ha, it's been pretty good down here (for us. we're tough like that), ha ha.

I'm currently working on a banner or two for my site, which'll help me "wow" it up a little.

Having picked up a couple of cards this year, I'm anxious to start some scanning again now. Would be good to get them uploaded again. Perhaps I might just use the scans I have saved currently... hmmm.... ha ha.

Ya better hurry up 'cause I can't hold my breath much longer :sick: Just yankin ya chain mate, be good to see the end product :thumbsup: I've gotta pull my fingure out and do some more on mine..I've been a bit slack :ermm:

Ha ha!! Yeah I keep getting cards now and then, and every so often I'll be like, "damn I need to do that website!".

I actually like the look of yours with the animated menus on the side, but not sure if I can incorporate something like that in my Gallery site.

p.s. don't hold your breath, just watch this space.. ;)

p.p.s. if you wanna see some of my collection, here's what it looked like back in April 2008..
http://web.archive.org/web/20080415050322/http://www.harris34.com/

Back
Top Bottom