Francis now a griz

ozballer23

#1 J.R. Smith Collector
Real Name
Norm
They get rid of a pg and sign another :blink:

Steve Francis will wind up with the Grizzlies, after all. Not the Vancouver Grizzlies -- the Memphis Grizzlies.

The Houston Rockets announced Wednesday they've dealt the injured former superstar to Memphis along with a 2009 second-round pick and cash. The Rockets get a conditional 2011 second-round pick.

The second-round pick going to Memphis was originally acquired from the Grizzlies in a 2008 draft night deal. Francis has not played for the Rockets this season after having surgery on a torn quadriceps tendon back in February. You may recall how Francis balked at playing for the Vancouver Grizzlies after he was selected with the No. 2 overall pick in 1999. His rights were traded to Houston in a three-team, 11-player deal.

More later as details become available.

UPDATED: Francis is in the final year of a two-year deal that pays him $2.6 million this season. That money would come off Memphis' books in July. For Francis, he gets a chance to get some minutes, test his knee, and decide if he can continue his career. For the Grizzlies, the deal was mostly about reaquiring their 2009 second-round pick, which went to Houston as part of separate deals in which Houston got Donte Green and Joey Dorsey.

I like the way he came to the league but its not even a decade ago and it seems his career is over... :(

I'd say he was troubled by that lingering headache/migraine he started having early in his NBA career.

I like the way he came to the league but its not even a decade ago and it seems his career is over... :(

I'd say he was troubled by that lingering headache/migraine he started having early in his NBA career.

It's a shame. I have this guy featured on the FOUNDATION DVD, back when he played for Houston he was a team leader (even with Yao there), a big time scorer and distributor who could hit the J and play above the ring with the best of them.

3-time all-star right?

Stevie Franchise, the total package. It's a shame!

The Franchise is another Marbury.....just not as bad. Anyone who refuses to play for the team he was drafted for has some issues. No question he had mad game......but he thought/thinks he's bigger then the game. Another waste of talent if you ask me

Francis was available today along with Darius Miles for the first time this season.Though Francis was in the inactive list, Darius played in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Hope to see them both on the floor soon...:thumbsup:

Me thinks it's about giving the young guys a veteren presence to nurture their young PGs. And they lose nothing by having him :) Good luck to Stevie. Always liked him, despite him having Marbury syndrome and Kemp syndrome at the same time.

ive never liked him... always been about him, always concerned with getting his numbers and flashy plays etc, has never been a team player imo...

Me thinks it's about giving the young guys a veteren presence to nurture their young PGs. And they lose nothing by having him :) Good luck to Stevie. Always liked him, despite him having Marbury syndrome and Kemp syndrome at the same time.

Truth to what you say, I've always liked Steve too.

But I'm not sure, if you want a veteran presence - that Francis is going to instill the types of leadership qualities in Conley, Lowry etc that you want ahahahah. :blink:

Back
Top Bottom