First ever break in 20 years!! 99-00 Finest Series 1.

ljandkg

Go Celtics!!
Real Name
Al
eBay User
ljandkg
COMC User
ljandkg
Well after over 20 years of collecting I FINALLY decided to buy some packs and do a bit of a nearly half box break. I really like a lot of the cards in 99-00 finest so went onto ebay and bought 3 loose packs for $10 and another 7 for $17! Pretty good deal I thought. My good mate Patrick (LJBiggestFan) sent them all to me and they arrived last Monday.

I read the back and looked at the odds and thought, considering they were all loose packs that I'd be happy pulling one insert, hoped I'd get 2, one from the 3 packs and one from the 7.
Defying my urge to rip them open instantly I decided to bust two packs a day.

So I started on two of the 3 packs and first card BOOM! Odom-Kardashian rookie, followed by this...

IMG_2872_zpsasyiobpg.jpg

1-26 packs! Bit of a butt ugly half refractor card but at least I didn't draw a complete blank!

As the week went on I finished the 3 loose and worked my way through the other 7. Got to end of the week and Friday afternoon and had 4 to go.

BOOM!

IMG_2871_zps9162u5hg.jpg

Another 1-26 packs pull! Was pretty happy! Yet kinda meh as well. Same kind of card and a worse pair of players tbh. But had to smile really. Because of the pull I decided to leave the last 3 packs for Saturday morning.

First pack - blank.....

Then 2nd pack felt a bit fatter......nek minnut.....

a Van Horn hot pack!
I got the Van Horn base

Then this....

IMG_2866_zpsj0l1dolh.jpg

1-12 - was hoping for a refractor and got the great white hope!:D

He never quite worked out mind you but he tried....

then this........

IMG_2867_zpsghxlz99f.jpg

LMAO!!!!

Putting the set together!!!

My 3rd 1 in 26 packs half refractor in 10 packs...

But then the next card was this!!!!

IMG_2868_zpsaohk1lfd.jpg

A Dual refractor - 1 -72 packs. This card is a beauty in hand. And makes much more sense than a half one!!!

So a BIG shit-eating grin as I opened the last pack, happy I'd demolished the odds....

Nek minnut....

IMG_2869_zpshr6qqf62.jpg

VINSANITY!!!! a 1-55 pack beauty!!!!! #542/1500! THAT'S RARE! Haha!

Awesome looking card - and the best one in the set in terms of the player.

Then the next card looked different too............

DA BIG TICKET!!!!!!!!!!

1-109 PACKS!!

IMG_2870_zps28vxeps8.jpg

As a long time KG collector I couldn't believe it.....what a way to finish...

No huge money cards, but 7 inserts in 10 packs!!!!

Unreal........

Here are the Double feature cards together....

IMG_2873_zpshqfuxfpk.jpg

And all of the 7 pulls........

IMG_2874_zpsegp5gxgm.jpg

I also pulled rc's of Odom, Marion and Wally Sz....

Such an amazing break......

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. :)

Will add that the KG and all base and rc's are spoken for

Damn....you pulled a nice insert of the player you love......cant complain at all!!!

Maaaan how you resisted not ripping them all open at once shows ultimate patience and then re-dic results defying the odds, great write up bro

Maaaan how you resisted not ripping them all open at once shows ultimate patience and then re-dic results defying the odds, great write up bro
Cheers Simon,
As I said, having not busted anything for years, I really wanted to enjoy it. Was a cool way of doing it. Got crazy lucky with the last two packs though...

Back
Top Bottom