Fake Deaths in TV Shows

stormernumber1

Non-sport Collector || Marvel mainly
Real Name
Daniel
eBay User
stormernumber1
I need to have a rant.

I wont name shows incase people haven't seen recent episodes, so ill just talk in general to keep it spoiler free :)

I hate this practice of pretending to kill off characters in TV shows. If you are going to kill a character off, fine, but dont pretend to kill them off only to bring them back later making up some bullshit story on how it was faked for no real reason other than to try to increase ratings/chatter about the show.

I just watched the 3rd show that has done it in the last few months and I have decided to stop watching the show completely because of it. Yes, it creates shock, but as soon as it happened, i had in the back of my mind that it was fake and that the character would come back in a few episodes time - every time I pray I am wrong, these shows can survive without these characters but doing the fake death just makes the entire show loose all the credibility that its gathered over the seasons.

I hate it. Talking to my friends they hate it. I see huge numbers of write ups on others hating it. This isn't one of those things that all publicity is good publicity, because as of tonight, its made a show that I have seen every episode and am keen to see the next installment, loose all respect and I am vowing never to watch it again.

For me, it turns a high quality show into a Days of our Lives quality show and makes everything that happens all the more unbelievable.

/end rant

Back
Top Bottom