ESPN Top 500 NBA Player Rankings

Dirk > Melo for sure!!!!!!!!! Yeah the list is players at their current level isn't it? So yeah if Dirk wasn't playing at such a high level like this year then obv he'd be lower. Deron is good but what has he done to be 9th best!

Respect your opinion mate, but I dunno....I still don't think Dirk had a better season then Melo.

So winning the title and being finals MVP is a worse season then trying and failing to work out who is the bigger man in NY?

So winning the title and being finals MVP is a worse season then trying and failing to work out who is the bigger man in NY?

Winning a title is about the team not the player.

This season Melo averaged:

25.6ppg, 7.3rpg and 45% fg.

Dirk averaged:

23.0ppg, 7.0rpg and 51% fg.

Take in also, that Melo had a mid-season trade, so it would of been harder for him to keep his numbers consistent because he didn't have time to get used to the new players, new gameplans etc.

Dirk has been on the same team for his career, so much easier for him to work in the offense.

Melo didn't play great at all while at the Knicks, I watched every Knicks game and some at least 2 times. Stats don't always tell the full story. Tell me how many points did Melo give up on D compared to Dirk? There is 2 ends of the court.

Winning a title is about the team not the player.

This season Melo averaged:

25.6ppg, 7.3rpg and 45% fg.

Dirk averaged:

23.0ppg, 7.0rpg and 51% fg.

Take in also, that Melo had a mid-season trade, so it would of been harder for him to keep his numbers consistent because he didn't have time to get used to the new players, new gameplans etc.

Dirk has been on the same team for his career, so much easier for him to work in the offense.

Problem with ESPN, is that it focuses too much only on the US players and not the rest. If you ever read the other contents, such as boxing or tennis, there is a favorable biased towards US members, the rest do not get enough coverage. If Dirk was a US citizen, he would be no. 1 for sure. As for Melo, most probably as good as a player with lbj or wade, just didn't have the best of season as still settling down with a new team. But watch for Melo in the coming season!!!!

Melo didn't play great at all while at the Knicks, I watched every Knicks game and some at least 2 times. Stats don't always tell the full story. Tell me how many points did Melo give up on D compared to Dirk? There is 2 ends of the court.

So you are saying Melo didn't play 1 good game with the Knicks? Not even 1?

And yes, I'll admit that Dirk is a better defender then Melo but, that still doesn't make him a better player. Melo is a better closer then Dirk and has a better ability to take over games in a short amount of time.

---------- Post added 19-10-2011 at 06:32 PM ----------

Sorry mate, I must have got mixed up. I thought you were refering to Dirk not being better than Melo for this season.

Bit I am saying that Melo had a better season then Dirk.....I'm getting confused :lol:

Sure he played at a few great games, but the not so great far out ways the great. Spend more times watching the full games dude and less on the highlights.

So you are saying Melo didn't play 1 good game with the Knicks? Not even 1?

And yes, I'll admit that Dirk is a better defender then Melo but, that still doesn't make him a better player. Melo is a better closer then Dirk and has a better ability to take over games in a short amount of time.

Sure he played at a few great games, but the not so great far out ways the great. Spend more times watching the full games dude and less on the highlights.

I watch as many games as I can mate. Sorry that I'm only 14 and can't afford or have a big enough internet plan for NBA League Pass...

League Pass is not needed my friend. Do you have a portable usb drive? If so send it to me after the season starts and I'll download as many game as you want for you.

I watch as many games as I can mate. Sorry that I'm only 14 and can't afford or have a big enough internet plan for NBA League Pass...

Melo is no where near as good as Lebron or Wade, I used to not mind him but seeing that same in your face jumper attempt ball hog attitude gets old eventually.

Dirk was the king of clutch this year and deserves better than this rank given all the past put downs. Not surprising though, it is only an average of 90 reporters scores so this (as with any "Top" list) is always going to be disputed and someone will always be unhappy!

Back
Top Bottom