ESP Elite 2015 Official Thread (Sell Sheet Page 44)

Now to contradict my previous post somewhat here are my thoughts on the choices for these cards.

Moylan is a good choice. He is definitely one of Penrith's best and they don't exactly have a star studded line up but rather a team of very solid first graders

JWH isn't bad either but the Roosters have plenty of other options due to their ridiculous roster.

The dogs one is an unusual choice but at the time the jersey was obtained I don't think anyone realised he wouldn't play FG this year. The player had just started in a GF but the Dogs also have plenty of other high profile options.

No idea who the fourth player is ( is NQ confirmed?) If so then there are plenty of good options apart from JT

One thing that i think people may not also realise is that at the end of the day ESP is primarily a sports talent management company in competition with other sports management companies who look after various players across different sports. They just also happen to have a licence to produce NRL cards.

It would not surprise me is if some players management teams (in competition with ESP) may not necessarily want ESP using their clients (outside of general licence obligations) in an ESP product.

Some companies may say sure you can use my player in your release but it will cost you a huge amount to sign/obtain a jersey. Much like what we saw last year with 3 players not signing the jerseys with the 001 cards.

ESP have gone down the path of a "Finals" match worn jersey which is great and to be commended.....they have been given 4 players jerseys and the players have agreed to sign some cards. Give them credit for doing this.

If they had decided to just do a generic jersey card set, there are still plenty of auctions around that they could pay to pick up a match worn jersey at a reasonable price.

Its a great step forward for this release, and i have to say I am reserving my judgement till I actually see what the cards look like.

The sooner the sell sheet is release the better in my opinion. I generally like to know what im buying (in terms of design) before ill commit to it.

Cheers
Matt

I'd be happy with either 2 of these... Who's are the rumoured duds? I think these guys are great picks...
I stand by this, if you don't think there good enough of a choice then think of me when you land one and I'll forward my postal details  :p
Who are the other 2? There's a lot of talk going on about them being duds, no names, not good enough choice ect but in all of it I've failed to read who they are. Is it privy information?

It's disapointing that they do not have one nrl player on their books (listed on their site anyway). Would be more opportunities to give collectors value if they did. They could add clauses in contracts to sign or supply a jersey.

Going over this thread and seeing the names being mentioned for the jersey cards has made me appreciate the time and effort Select placed on their Jersey card release back in 2003. Names such as Ricketson, Price and Lockyer, not a bad set of players ey? I guess we can always give consolation to ESP for trying.

Taking the heat off the Jersey cards ...What do people expect the Quads ( 65 )and All Star / Indigenous (100 ) cards to sell for ????

Total production of quads should be 2080 which is slightly higher than the WCHP from 14 Elite although these are numbered. I would say $75-90 with a slight variance on the better teams.

The All Stars I would say $150-$200 depending on players.

One thing is for certain though, the quads price will start right up this year unlike the WCHP which were going for as little as $35 until collectors realised it was a tough set to put together.

I really hope there are no 'hoarders' this year as there are some quite limited cards.

Total production of quads should be 2080 which is slightly higher than the WCHP from 14 Elite although these are numbered. I would say $75-90 with a slight variance on the better teams.

The All Stars I would say $150-$200 depending on players.

One thing is for certain though, the quads price will start right up this year unlike the WCHP which were going for as little as $35 until collectors realised it was a tough set to put together.

I really hope there are no 'hoarders' this year as there are some quite limited cards.

I think the biggest issue will be availability as there was only 22 WCHP and there are 32 Quads .....There may be a big difference with this example as well ....The AFL have Honour Roll cards numbered to 75 with 16 in the set and they are going for around $185 to $250 + each but the NRL are numbered to 65 with 32 to collect ....

I just think they will be a hard Team single card to find which may increase the price to more than most expect .....

It's definitely going to be handy having certain connections or spotters with these high-end inserts. Will also be advantageous to remain very vigilant around these pages when someone posts a break or sale thread. ;)

Going over this thread and seeing the names being mentioned for the jersey cards has made me appreciate the time and effort Select placed on their Jersey card release back in 2003. Names such as Ricketson, Price and Lockyer, not a bad set of players ey? I guess we can always give consolation to ESP for trying.

Selects weren't game worn though. The difference is huge. And it's not like esp got to pick which players they wanted. Select just had to get the players to approve. Which ESP done in limited in 2012. I think it's great that they got game worns.... The teams they didn't get them for, obviously wouldn't give any up.

>>corrected, they were game worn..... Having said that select obviously had a choice.... ESP hasn't had a choice, otherwise they would have much better players...<<

Last edited:
Do you actually collect a team warren? Or are you a smart dealer? One who doesn't mess with his stash? ;)

I am here to help who I can ...

I think this set will be one that even the bigger sellers should swallow there pride and swap more to help the collectors instead of there pocket .....

Selects weren't game worn though. The difference is huge. And it's not like esp got to pick which players they wanted. Select just had to get the players to approve. Which ESP done in limited in 2012. I think it's great that they got game worns.... The teams they didn't get them for, obviously wouldn't give any up.

? wait what i thought they were game worn? the select 03 ones that is.

EDIT: they are 100% game worn, even says the game on the back i think

? wait what i thought they were game worn? the select 03 ones that is.

EDIT: they are 100% game worn, even says the game on the back i think
yep card says game worn
JerseySig_3d081f1a-5d2f-9fab.jpg

Back
Top Bottom