ESP Elite 2015 Official Thread (Sell Sheet Page 44)

Do you actually collect a team warren? Or are you a smart dealer? One who doesn't mess with his stash? ;)

I follow the Broncos but don`t hold that against me :):) ...I stopped collecting when Select stopped the NRL but never collected anything higher than the Top Prospect for the Broncos and all the basic inserts only ....

Selects weren't game worn though. The difference is huge. And it's not like esp got to pick which players they wanted. Select just had to get the players to approve. Which ESP done in limited in 2012. I think it's great that they got game worns.... The teams they didn't get them for, obviously wouldn't give any up.
Oh yes they were.

Selects weren't game worn though. The difference is huge. And it's not like esp got to pick which players they wanted. Select just had to get the players to approve. Which ESP done in limited in 2012. I think it's great that they got game worns.... The teams they didn't get them for, obviously wouldn't give any up.

I was under the assumption that the Select jersey cards from 03XL were game used. I have never owned one of these cards and from those I have seen I know they say 'Game Day Jersey' across the top.

I am sure ESP had difficulties in which jerseys they could obtain however for a such a high end card I thought it would be worth buying the jersey they wanted at auction. There is obviously so much about the process that I don't know but this seemed logical.

I was under the assumption that the Select jersey cards from 03XL were game used. I have never owned one of these cards and from those I have seen I know they say 'Game Day Jersey' across the top.

I am sure ESP had difficulties in which jerseys they could obtain however for a such a high end card I thought it would be worth buying the jersey they wanted at auction. There is obviously so much about the process that I don't know but this seemed logical.
I guess that the jersey selection would have a lot to do with the player willing to part with it as well. Does the jersey belong to the NRL or the player? Is the player willing to part with such an important part of their career/

I remember when 2012 Limited Edition came out - $8 a pack turned a lot of people away - it didn't matter that there were great signature cards and fewer packs per box.

Then Elite came out - it was more than Dynasty per pack but not much more - boxes were cheaper, and they were available from dealers and newsagents and they sold well.

Now we are looking at a 50% increase in pack price and a 35% increase in box price. Seems like a big ask, we will see soon.

If I was an NRL player I'd be chasing my manager and club to get on a signature or jersey card. They would be immortalised as trading card royalty.
So what's wrong with these people? Does the slightest sniff of an extra pay-day send them over the edge.
I think the elitist mentality of agents and club hierarchy have more to do with it than the players, but this is what will keep driving up the prices.

I guess that the jersey selection would have a lot to do with the player willing to part with it as well. Does the jersey belong to the NRL or the player? Is the player willing to part with such an important part of their career/

To my knowledge they get two jerseys per game/jersey type. One for first half, one for second half (if they choose to change jerseys). The player gets to keep one and the club gets the other one. On nights they intend on auctioning them off, the players have to wear both. When they don't, that's the ones the club sells to other people to inflate, and sell as player issue spares.

Two years ago thurston gave 7 jerseys away at the end of the year on his website in a comp, which was all his jerseys for the year. Someone like thurston would have in excess of jerseys, including his origin ones. He gives a few of those away every year too!

Im sure if esp asked him, he'd happily turn one over to them, he seems so giving! Lolz

M

Well this is my first ESP set I'll be getting into from the ground floor up so I'm looking forward to the set.

Obviously it's a shame the league sensations have been dropped and now sigs are even rarer. I can't see how this will help the average collector or the long term sustainability. Not sure if this move will actually increase the Young Guns price or future value. Buying boxes/cases is certainly more of a gamble and at that price it sort of sucks some of the joy out.

Seriously stoked there are game worn Jersey cards again. I've been wanting more since 2003. The fact some of them might be duds doesn't really bother me, I'm just grateful they're there and some clubs cooperated. Shame the others didn't.

Pretty disappointed the Sell Sheet hasn't been posted. You'd think they would have released it already to build more hype, especially with the price hike.

So overall there are pro and cons. I guess the quality and design of the cards will determine how much I buy.

The Select cards were game worn. The Lockyer Jersey Sig card was from a jersey worn against parra.

To my knowledge they get two jerseys per game/jersey type. One for first half, one for second half (if they choose to change jerseys). The player gets to keep one and the club gets the other one. On nights they intend on auctioning them off, the players have to wear both. When they don't, that's the ones the club sells to other people to inflate, and sell as player issue spares.

From my understanding for the standard home and away jerseys they have 2-3 jerseys available per game that get rotated and reused throughout the season.

For the one off jerseys (heritage/indigenous etc) they have 2 jerseys available per game. If they are auctioning them off most players change them at half time (these get auctioned) and the ones worn in the second half are kept by the players.

I've not seen it, but heard there are a few sellers that have it.
Only a matter of time before it's put out....

Sorry if this was already known. will be interesting to see how the mojo packs work, meaning are the redemptions also numered so you know what number you're getting or are they first in best dressed like the predictors from select.

Back
Top Bottom