eBay simply cares about the bottom line!

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
checkout this response from eBay about that obvious shilling I found with the Melbourne jumper a while ago. Everyone here agreed it was damn obvious and pretty balsy! That and with the intial case they got mixed up and had me as the shiller when I was the one that reported them!

This is simply not good enough. People ripping others off, HK sellers shilling constantly etc etc. All they care about it sellers fees.

You think the fact he has 1330 feedback say anything about why they want to keep his buisiness and will turn a blind eye to his selling practices?

My name is Patricia and I would be happy to assist you regarding your
concerns with greendruitt and lukeglenn.

Please allow me to apologise for my mistake with names from my previous
email, as I would be upset as well if my concern was not addressed
properly.

Mike, I have taken the time to review this situation again. At this
time, in accordance with our site policies, I have found that there is
not enough evidence to show that greendruitt and lukeglenn has violated
eBay's ShillBidding policy. I apologise if this result is not good
enough, however, we are concerned with violations on the site and take
these matters very seriously. I understand your concern about this
situation, and can reopen the investigation if any additional
information can be provided.

Since privacy concerns are important to everyone, I am not at liberty to
discuss the details of another user's account. I hope that you
understand eBay's position in this situation. I also hope that it
assures you that your personal account history will always remain
private.

To read more about what SafeHarbour does and does not investigate,
please visit the following Help page:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/tp/programs-investigations.html

As Always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate
to contact us. I thank you for writing to eBay and wish you continued
success in the future.

Regards,

Patricia S.
eBay Customer Support

Its always been this way chad....
as the old saying goes...dont get mad get even;)

Yeah I hope he doesn't mind some eBay noobs bidding on some of his stuff. I'm sure they can't afford to pay for them though ;-)

Agree with you Chad. Also found this today, which basically says that eBay wants to pad the bottom line (which all businesses have to be able to do to satisfy shareholders).

eBay punts on Store listings in search - sellers wigging out
The eBay community is quite abuzz this evening with the big news here. In early Feb, eBay turned on complete store listings in ebay search results (it used to be that you would see only X or you would see them if less than Y core then show some stores. Sellers enjoyed this because they were able to get the same amount of exposure with their store listings as their core listings.

In fact many sellers were starting to change strategies from a X% / Y % core/store mix where X is much > Y to a X < Y strategy. In other words they were moving their listings to stores rapidly. Some sellers are seeing records months in March attributable to the change.

Sellers were doing this because when you compare the complete take rate of a sale on ebay core to ebay stores, stores are usually cheaper even though they have a higher FVF, they net out cheaper because they don’t have a listing fee component. Also they are more performance oriented (only pay if it sells) which is always helpful.

In the posting eBay cites buyer confusion as the primary reason and seller concerns that their auction-style listings were not getting visibility.

Some sellers are reporting getting calls from eBay with additional info (from Chris Tsakalakis himself). These calls purportedly mention:

They had not intended the search change to be a test.
With the new search, the volume of searches decreased significantly, which they attributed to buyers bringing up too many items and being turned off by so many listings with no gallery pic.
The volume of auction/BIN/FP sales decreased too much.

For the conspiracy lovers out there the timing of this being days before the end of the quarter - the announcement has people wondering if eBay started to see that their revenue was dropping because of this change (same GMV at a lower take rate because no listing fees). It will be interesting to dissect the numbers from Q1 and see if the rev/listing changed at all for the US this Q to see if this is a driver or not.

It doesn't suprise me especially since their share price has fallen over the last year or so despite the growth of the site.

Still you would think blarring examples of shilling and ripping people off would be dealt with as they do damage to the brand name and repeat buyers and maybe future sellers.

Chad thats sucks ass. Its simply not good enough, just goes to show that dont really care as long as the fees are paid to them. Weak as piss!

Bad luck matey.

Chad, ebay has been busy little beavers lately. They purchased "skype" - online audio streaming IM system - which I used for work.

That's a cut & pasted response Chad, I have had the EXACT same response TWICE from different people - I give up even trying, they randomly pick people up here & there but in the end it comes down to buyer aware !!!

IMHO eBay suck ass when it comes to regulating their own rules !!!

I had a seller who was narued for 10 days. I was nervous as I've got stuff incomming from him. I didn't think it was from non payment of fees as its was the first stuff listed in a year and he had no negs. Turns out it was because he used a copyrighted eBay logo in his auction!

This all sucks for us the buyers. Its sellers and their fees at all costs.

Sorry lads thats what you end up with when ebay have no1 to compete against....total agreement...overpriced,underegulated,and can be a right pain in the ass...but where else do ya go !!!

Back
Top Bottom