EBay Seller of the Month

Here is one.....a card I was bidding on appeared to have a small crease around the patch....this was the sellers response:

just a little creases, card didn't damaged.

Interesting!

Reactions: Dyl
Here is one.....a card I was bidding on appeared to have a small crease around the patch....this was the sellers response:

just a little creases, card didn't damaged.

Interesting!

this seems to be a trend not only on e-bay, but ive noticed it here to. people think that if it has only small amount damage the card can still be considered nr.mint.
thats why i suggested a while ago the site starts using a universal system to rate the condition of cards. i was shut down by everyone telling me they do a thorough check and mention any deficienies in the card, which is fine for those people, but it leaves the door open for alot of others to take advantage of what they consider damage.
the amount of damaged cards ive gotten lately while being told theyre mint-nr.mint is ridiculous.

this seems to be a trend not only on e-bay, but ive noticed it here to. people think that if it has only small amount damage the card can still be considered nr.mint.
thats why i suggested a while ago the site starts using a universal system to rate the condition of cards. i was shut down by everyone telling me they do a thorough check and mention any deficienies in the card, which is fine for those people, but it leaves the door open for alot of others to take advantage of what they consider damage.
the amount of damaged cards ive gotten lately while being told theyre mint-nr.mint is ridiculous.

Yes, i've been burnt by that once before on this site. $400 deal and 75% of the cards had a small amount of damage ranging from creases to dents to significant signature scratches.

In an effort to educate morons and make people more aware of these things i put a card grading system into ASCC magazine. At least 300 people will get a lesson in card grading.

---------- Post added 19-09-2011 at 09:55 PM ----------

1980 SCANLENS RUGBY LEAGUE CARDS - MANLY SEA EAGLES | eBay

Newshintaro1 is always expensive but this is an outrageous price.

Newshintaro used to have a shop at The Entrance. He's the guy who got me addicted, riffling through his boxes of 1970's and 1980's footy cards. Man...I got so many great (and mint) cards back in mid-90's at $1 a pop...which then was expensive.

His shop was like a museum - coins, cards, pins, stamps, glassware, Olympic stuff, Coca-cola stuff, anything...

He can be pricey at times with some stuff, but you can get a real bargain at others. Problem is, people now equate 'old' with 'rare' and price accordingly. Can't blame Newshintaro for trying to get a piece of that. I bet if you emailed him and made an offer he'd consider it.

I saw someone trying to flog 2007 Champions as VINTAGE. Can you believe that? My personal fave is "good for its age" and it's an absolute dog's breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom