EBAY - check this out

SPREE FAN

i need to feed my kids
Real Name
justin
eBay User
jmallitt15
this is a long story and goes back a couple of months, so i will try and keep it short.

a couple of months ago i bought a card off ebay, as always i waited about 4 weeks for the card to arrive and nothing, so i emailed the seller.
the seller gets back to me and says card was sent on *******date and it should be there by now, he also scans a copy of the international slip they fill out to prove it was sent.
it was sent to my old address, which i moved from in march this year.
so over the last few days i have been on the phone with paypal trying to find out why my address was changed on a payment, they had no idea and said to try emailing ebay.......pass the buck........to the same company:p

anyway, after emailing ebay this :

Message: i won the above item # on the 29th of september and paid for the item on the 5th of october.
i have been very patient and waited for the item but it has never arrived, so i contacted the seller and he sent me some info about when the item was sent and a scan of the international slip.
i looked at the slip and noticed that the address on the slip was incorrect and was my old address that i had changed when i moved in march this year.
since i moved to my new property in march this year i have bought alot of items (300+) with very few items that have not shown up.
so my question is why for this 1 transaction was my address changed on ebay when i have already changed all my contact details??
this is not a simple case of blame the buyer for not checking, as i should not have to check when i have changed my details and not had any other issues.
i have now lost an item that there is only 5 of in the entire world and will be hard pressed to be able to find another one.
i would like my money back for this transaction as it is not the sellers fault nor is it my fault that my postal address just changes!!.

regards
justin

i get this response back :

Dear Justin,

Thank you for writing in to Safe Harbor with your concerns regarding your transaction with <<leebal13>>. My name is Brentan and I'd be happy to assist you.

I have reviewed your report and I can understand your position regarding this matter. As a member myself I can relate to the current situation.

After reviewing the information regarding this transaction I can see the discrepancy with your address. Since this is the case I will have this escalated and send the amount of $82.87 AUD to your PayPal address which we have on file ([email protected].) The original amount was $54.01 US.

This will take about 2 weeks to process, but it will be sent directly to your PayPal account. Please note that this is a confidential one-time courtesy.

I apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused. At this time I cannot provide you the reason as to why this happen exept minor glitches and errors may occur in the system.

I thank you for your patience and cooperation regarding this matter.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Brentan
eBay Customer Support

this has to be the first time i have 1. got such a quick response (about 12 hours) and 2. that they have found in my favour when it was there error..........usually it is a ridiculous automated email!!

anyway that is my good news for today:thumbsup:

cheers
justin

So does this mean your getting your money back and there is still a chance that you will recieve the card??

Have you contacted the people at your old address??

I had that happen when I changed my address, the checkout automatically used my old address that I'd deleted - but I noticed before I finalised the payment and changed it. Just an IT f*ck up and they clearly know it.

So does this mean your getting your money back and there is still a chance that you will recieve the card??

Have you contacted the people at your old address??

yeh mate, all money will be refunded:D

the couple that moved into my old place are in europe till december 10th, so will find out then if i can get my card back:thumbsup:

I had that happen when I changed my address, the checkout automatically used my old address that I'd deleted - but I noticed before I finalised the payment and changed it. Just an IT f*ck up and they clearly know it.

this address stuff up happened after i had already completed a fair few transactions with my new address, why it defaulted back to my address for 1 specific transaction i have no idea

Back
Top Bottom