Drive to the finals comp, JOIN!

Ja$e

To infinity and beyond...
Real Name
Jason
eBay User
jvalles69
Hey guys, this was pretty fun last season so thought I'd start it up again, lets get more people involved this time though! :thumbsup:

NBA.com : 2008 Drive to the Finals

League: Ozcards
Password: ozcards

For those that haven't played before, each day of finals you need to pick one player from a playoff game and whatever they score, rebound & assists you get for that day, but then you can never use them again. Easy!

I'm in! :) Did you guys play the NBA stock exchange this season? What was your highest standing for a month?

yeah im always up for this, ill be in. did you win it last year jase, cant remember?

I honestly can't remember who, I was definately near the top, but might have missed a couple of games towads the end.

Just wondering if you can enter a team in 2 leagues, or can you only be in one? Because I already joined a league when I didn't see a league pop up here for so long. Good luck for everyone participating, anyway...

remember to get your first picks in for tomorrow ppls! im having trouble deciding between j-ho and t-mac...

So the results are in after week 1! I wasted the first pick because I didn't read how scoring was done, I assumed it was the same as the NBA stock exchange but its not, blocks, steals, FG%, turnovers, FT%, don't count for anything in this format. Its a marathon not a race, so don't count us bottom dwellers out yet! So not bad, not bad after week 1 the results are:

jvalles69 90 pts
the_jza 86 pts
moses-malone 83 pts
drcurly 82 pts
trey1343 64 pts
exzibit33 63 pts
ozziew 37 pts

so who picked who in week 1? i went with dirk as i think mavs are going out in 5 and have a a few players i want to use up, so i went with dirk, and he did nicely. went with melo next game for the same reasons: lakers are sweeping me thinks.

I went with CP3 in the first game and Melo in the second. It's tough coz there looks like there could be a few upsets in the making and you want to get to use all the top stars in the teams that drop out.

I went with CP3 in the first game and Melo in the second. It's tough coz there looks like there could be a few upsets in the making and you want to get to use all the top stars in the teams that drop out.

So you made the assumption that the Hornets aren't making it past the first round? Big 'IF' especially by going with their biggest gun, but I suppose it shouldn't matter too much if they don't advance into the conference finals as they should be plenty left in the arsenal if the right teams are picked.

So you made the assumption that the Hornets aren't making it past the first round? Big 'IF' especially by going with their biggest gun, but I suppose it shouldn't matter too much if they don't advance into the conference finals as they should be plenty left in the arsenal if the right teams are picked.

You need to make a lot of assumptions in this game. We'll see if it pays off or not!

oh antawn jamison, how could you play such an awesome game 1 and then completely suck in game 2, woe is me and my fantasy score. :mad:

oh antawn jamison, how could you play such an awesome game 1 and then completely suck in game 2, woe is me and my fantasy score. :mad:

Lol! I feel your pain, buddy! :cry: Did the same thing myself, dammit! And if there is one Wizard you want to get full value out of, it has to be Jamison. The rest are a bit hit-and-miss, but he's usually a rock for them...

I used Amare and AI in the first week...I don't think the Suns are ready to handle the skill, determination and tactics of the Spurs just yet, and the Nuggets are unlikely to string enough of their "super" games vs their complete crap games...besides the fact they don't play D and that ain't gonna cut it against the Lakers.

I used Amare and AI in the first week...I don't think the Suns are ready to handle the skill, determination and tactics of the Spurs just yet, and the Nuggets are unlikely to string enough of their "super" games vs their complete crap games...besides the fact they don't play D and that ain't gonna cut it against the Lakers.

Good ones! Woe is me, I picked Peja because I didn't fully understand the scoring system and strategy behind the game but quickly turned it around by picking Iverson...and then like a few of our other unfortunate players got whammied again by picking poor Antwan Jamison on an off night. Its going to be a very bad struggle for me to get back in to contention... :(

Back
Top Bottom