Dominion Hockey Delivers Pull of a Lifetime for Michigan Collector Ernest Lantto

OzCardTrader

Site Admin
Real Name
Webmaster
ernest-mark-cup.jpg

It took just five boxes for Michigan collector Ernest Lantto to fall in love with 2010-11 Dominion Hockey. But nine cards through what admittedly was “the most horrific pack”*imaginable,*he was second guessing his decision to purchase his*sixth and final box.
His*first five boxes had yielded some truly spectacular cards,*but what Lantto*really wanted, more than anything, was to find the redemption card that would win*him a*miniature Stanley Cup*once awarded to a member of the 1978-79 Montreal Canadiens.
But with just one card remaining in his final box, all he had to show for his efforts were three base cards, one parallel, two one-color memorabilia cards and three nothing-to-write-home-about autographs.
“I read on The Knight’s Lance about how Panini America*added*the redemption card for the Stanley Cup and I*called my card shop, Stadium Cards & Comics*in Ypsilanti, Mich., to let them know about it,” Lantto says. “And I told them that I was going to pull this card.”
What happened next was pure Ruthian*genius, a Lantto called shot on the*10th and final card in that*otherwise forgettable final box.
“I slowly rolled to the last card,*saw the blue back and*I immediately recognized what I*had,” Lantto says. “Thank goodness there was no kids in the*shop at that time.”
A few excitement-fueled expletives and a high-five with store owner Mark Fenwick*later, and Lantto’s epic pull sank in. He called Panini America and informed company officials of his pull. Two days later, he had*miniature Stanley Cup in hand.
Initially, Lantto said he planned*to*keep the Cup in his possession. As of today, though, the hardware is on eBay with a hefty Buy It Now price of $7,500.

b.gif

Read more over at the Panini Blog...

Back
Top Bottom