Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

This is a real dent to all of us who love to bust a box, the pending excitement on waiting the arrival, the cutting of the plastic sleeve, the smell of a new box and packets, opening up each packet and slowly sliding each underneath card, looking for that shiny one...now we all head to eBay and just buy a card , we can’t even trade, so so boring. agree it will leave a very bad taste to us collectors, not those investors!

Lots and lots of angry people out there, and for information sake.

Card stores got barely any stock either so it isn't them.

That’s unbelievable.

I refreshed the page at the exact moment the clock on my phone ticked over to 8:30, it said sold out so about 15 seconds later I refreshed again and was able to add a case to my cart. I checked out pretty quickly because all of my details are pre-saved and luckily my order went through, but it sounds like it must have been literally a matter of seconds.

Enormous backlash already, going to be an interesting few days for Select. There’s no way it could possibly have sold out that quickly if all product was available for purchase at 10:30.

I preordered one box through SCW and that looks to be the only box I will get.

Tried to get a box/folder bundle through the website and went to pay at around 10.35am and it had sold out

Unfortunately, this my be the new norm while everyone is hording or running group breaks, so i may just stick to singles from now on as I will not be paying 1.5x retail to get a random break spot etc...

The worry for me is when long time hobbyists leave (which they are) and Select up the prices and the "quick buck" guarantee is not there and these new people who are only in it for the profit, what is left?

That’s unbelievable.

I refreshed the page at the exact moment the clock on my phone ticked over to 8:30, it said sold out so about 15 seconds later I refreshed again and was able to add a case to my cart. I checked out pretty quickly because all of my details are pre-saved and luckily my order went through, but it sounds like it must have been literally a matter of seconds.

Enormous backlash already, going to be an interesting few days for Select. There’s no way it could possibly have sold out that quickly if all product was available for purchase at 10:30.
It was a genuine surprise it went that quick. I expected it to sell out today, but within minutes was a surprise.
It seems like the difference between getting a box/case or not. Was having your details saved or having to type it in.
A lot of hype around all card hobbys at the moment, I don't blame Select for the sell out.

It was a genuine surprise it went that quick. I expected it to sell out today, but within minutes was a surprise.
It seems like the difference between getting a box/case or not. Was having your details saved or having to type it in.
A lot of hype around all card hobbys at the moment, I don't blame Select for the sell out.
Having a laugh? If it truly sold out in 1 minute their site would have crashed

Yeah, I think you’re right - I didn’t deliberately rush to check out, it was just luck that I was able to with my details already being there. But it sounds like a few seconds longer and I would’ve been out of luck.

I’m not exactly all over how it works with allocating stock to breakers etc, but if it’s selling out this quickly I think some stricter limits have to be introduced. Partially for Select’s sake themselves - a ton of unhappy people venting their frustrations at the moment.

Having a laugh? If it truly sold out in 1 minute their site would have crashed
Not at all, I don't think people are understanding how much of an increase of people buying cases and boxes to break and resell for profit.
I don't like it, but I am used to it due to NBA.
I Don't think selects servers wouldn't be that bad either.

what saved me was that Max King got that card a couple of weeks ago , without that I wouldnt even known I had too resign as a member so thankfully all my details were saved , but without it I would of been fucked

Not at all, I don't think people are understanding how much of an increase of people buying cases and boxes to break and resell for profit.

I tend to agree.....

Sunshinecollectibles are selling individual boxes for $275 with heaps still in stock but right

Back
Top Bottom