Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

Only new designs are on the rise and commons? Not much innovation by Select
Yeah for sure, some more new designs would have been ideal. I get some will stay the same when you have two series in a row with a theme like Select have been doing recently, but there’s probably room for a bit more novelty.

Only a minor negative though, overall still a pretty nice set.

So influential should be 1 per team so should get at least 1 per case sometimes 2, so a case should have
1x cap sig or next gen
1-2 influential
1-2 dominance ( some cases had 2 last year)
2x high flyers

So influential should be 1 per team so should get at least 1 per case sometimes 2, so a case should have
1x cap sig or next gen
1-2 influential
2x high flyers

OK That’s very nice, worth getting a case for sure!

1x cap sig or next gen
1-2 influential
2x high flyers
I had 2 Dominance in one case last year but it only had 1 High Flyers card. Generally speaking, the odds of getting two Dominance are very slim assuming Select don't hold any back.
In theory, there should be 4 Influential per 3 cases at one per team but this is not confirmed.

I remember Supremacy, there were supposed to be 9 patch signature booklets every 8 cases but I don't know of anyone who got two in a case, so maybe 50 were held back.

Now as the second round of high flyers is going to be a past time player concept, I have this feeling that GWS and gold coast may be left out - can't really see another current player or maybe I'm wrong?

If it means a past time player regardless, Steve Johnson, Ryan Griffen or Brett delidio are only ones I can think of - not that they took any real screamers anyway!

Alternatively, Wil Hoskins-elliot or Tom Scully could be, but would they pick past time players of a club still on the current roster for other clubs? Possibly not

Bottom line is if there are 16 high flyers out of 60 and 18 influential cards out of 40, some boxes will have either two high flyers and one IC but some would only have 1 hf but two influential cards

I’m very keen to see a checklist to see which players are featured, pretty exciting to see who get a Dominance, High Flyer and Influential card. If Modra is the Crows or Freo High Flyer I might have to try and get one, loved Mods. Influential for Hawks will be interesting, Mitchell got last years Dominance, and O’Meara and Worpel have Showstoppers this year already. Actually agree with you @selffej and would love to see Sicily so things are mixed up a bit 🤞

I’m very keen to see a checklist to see which players are featured, pretty exciting to see who get a Dominance, High Flyer and Influential card. If Modra is the Crows or Freo High Flyer I might have to try and get one, loved Mods. Influential for Hawks will be interesting, Mitchell got last years Dominance, and O’Meara and Worpel have Showstoppers this year already. Actually agree with you @selffej and would love to see Sicily so things are mixed up a bit 🤞
yep.cant wait for the check list. im excited for this release. some great cards to chase and secure.
richmonds 'influential' im going with Prestia and Richo for the high flyers.

I’m thinking Richo high flyers and Cotchin or Lynch influential . Though would be happy with if it was Prestia, Houli or Edwards
would cream my pants if it was shane edwards, but alas i cant see it happening.
No disrespect to captain courageous but the hope is we spread the love.
dont forget Prestia was fantastic in19'

would cream my pants if it was shane edwards, but alas i cant see it happening.
No disrespect to captain courageous but the hope is we spread the love.
dont forget Prestia was fantastic in19'
Oh I remember very well his 2019...JD medalist. 🐯🐯

I have no issue adding a Human Meatball influential into my PC

Have a feeling they might have gone with Wingard... though I agree, would much prefer Sicily

Mk20.jpeg
Hoping I get one of these in my cases

My guesses for influentials:
Adelaide - Matt Crouch
Brisbane - Charlie Cameron
Carlton - Sam Docherty
Collingwood - Brodie Grundy
Essendon - Zach Merrett
Fremantle - Michael Walters
Geelong - Gary Ablett
Gold Coast - Lachie Weller
GWS - Phil Davis
Hawthorn - Shaun Burgoyne
Melbourne - Max Gawn
North - Ben Cunnington
Port - Justin Westhoff
Richmond - Dion Prestia
St. Kilda - Jarryn Geary
Sydney - Dane Rampe
WC - Jeremy McGovern
Bulldogs - Caleb Daniel

What does everyone else think? Any ideas as to who your teams might be?

Back
Top Bottom