Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

Mk20.jpeg

I'm guessing some sort of official statement has been made?

If some statement has been made i'm guessing there will be some long sob story aimed at extracting maximum sympathy for said person?

Have to wait and see I guess but we all know how this "always" plays out.

Not trying to remove focus from anything that may have happened, but I would love to get this thread back on topic of Dominance 2!!!

In a bid to do so I shall pose the following questions:
1. What are everyone’s thoughts on who the next gen sig will feature?
2. What does everyone think the most likely replacement for High Flyer’s will be?
3. Which draft pick sig will be the most sought after?

Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts, because despite everything that is going on at the moment, I am still super excited for the new series!!!

Not trying to remove focus from anything that may have happened, but I would love to get this thread back on topic of Dominance 2!!!

2. What does everyone think the most likely replacement for High Flyer’s will be?

Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts, because despite everything that is going on at the moment, I am still super excited for the new series!!!
Interesting questions!
1. In a way i hope it’s Serg and Stephen Silvagni, but I also think they could wait a few years for Jack to get better and then do a potential triple Sig
2. I really have no idea on this one tbh
3. Surely everyone will want a Rowell DPS.. I don’t think there’s been any other standouts who were the first selection for their team

1) tim and jobe watson would be cool as wpuld the richardsons (but i know bull died). Others could be kennedys or even danihers allthough i think joe has to do more.
2) sharp shooters hopefully with sane style but self explanitort goal kickers. But more realistically they will probably go something new
3) reckon rowell will be in high demand but otherwise maybe day from hawks or picket. T h not a huge amount dps wise in this set as alot of high picks were gws, gc, freo and melbourrne. And alot of better teams players havnt shown much yet

I'm guessing some sort of official statement has been made?

If some statement has been made i'm guessing there will be some long sob story aimed at extracting maximum sympathy for said person?

Have to wait and see I guess but we all know how this "always" plays out.

He posted twice on FB page, first was a sob story with comments turned on and second was the "I'm not at Select anymore" with comments turned off.

He posted twice on FB page, first was a sob story with comments turned on and second was the "I'm not at Select anymore" with comments turned off.

Call me modern day Nostradamus..... we have seen this play before haven't we?

While not pointing the finger at a certain person, Its amazing how when people screw up these days - sportspeople, politicians, celebrities etc instead of saying geez I screwed up here and my behaviour was the problem they either... a) retreat and say they need to spend more time with the family b) pull the mental health card or c) it was the drink/other that did it.

Rather than pull out the violin and try and get the maximum sympathy you can, just say hey I was an idiot, I screwed up with my behaviour, i bullied people relentlessly, im sorry.... end of story.

Anyway I wish the guy well and we can all now get back on track with Dominance 2020!

I just want to know when Dominance is release.......itching to break!

That said, who saw the Select offer on 2006 Select Champions today?

that was a great price with FREE postage so I grabbed one!

I just want to know when Dominance is release.......itching to break!

That said, who saw the Select offer on 2006 Select Champions today?

that was a great price with FREE postage so I grabbed one!

14 years old! Is that considered vintage?

As I've mentioned before:

1) generation next I would not mind a triple Kennedy signature: John Kennedy SNR; John Kennedy Jr and Josh Kennedy (Hawks-swans hybrid card)

2. Concept replacing high flyers: "GOAL!" or sharp shooters - player in a frenzy upon scoring upon impressive goal

3. IMO biggest demand for draft pick signatures will be all about a parallel version of them! This could well be the bonus card like influential was in 2017, honour roll was in 2015 and what the platinum draft pick signatures were in 2008

And lastly what sort of concept do you think the bonus case hit card will be in addition to the front line top end (captain signature and next generation) and secondary top ends (black dominance)??

And lastly what sort of concept do you think the bonus case hit card will be in addition to the front line top end (captain signature and next generation) and secondary top ends (black dominance)??
My odds:
Platinum showstoppers- past time legend; exact appeance as footy stars and prestige ones but with a white rainbow lining instead of gold or sterling silver /25-30

Draft pick signature parallel /25-60

TITANIUM
Similar apparence to black dominance but with an aggressive grey background or applicable to team colours thus one per club depicting a players who's like "the man of titanium (like man of steel)" Toby Greene for my club here

As much as I hate to say it some great father son combinations developing out of Collingwood. Daicos probably most exciting...so this will be an exciting triple signature card in a few years

With regards to next generation card, would need to be the ilk of the Kennedy’s or Silvagni’s otherwise it will lose its prestige. Unfortunately going from Ablett to Shaw’s the card lost a bit of lustre.

What would be great would be a family booklet card...example the Maddens, Danihers, Selwoods, Rioli’s etc. So a signed booklet card if same of the great footballing families

To replace the High Flyer...keeping the concept but going back in time for each club (just modern era). For example, for my beloved Tigers can be a Roach or Richo. Imagine great cards like Modra, Capper etc

On DPS, the Rowell would have been even hotter if poor bloke hadn’t injured his shoulder. For me design of card is important...would love look and feel like 06 supreme, 14 Honours or 18 Legacy. With regards to signatures I just want my Thomas Dow DPS accompanied by a Shai Bolton certified signature and Tom Lynch Dominance card

that's the next question, for those teams with a Dominance this year, who does everyone think will be the players:
Adelaide:
Brisbane:
Essendon:
Geelong:
North:
Richmond:
St Kilda:
Sydney:
West Coast:
Adelaide: SLOANE/LAIRD
Brisbane: NEALE
Essendon: SHIEL/MERRETT
Geelong: DANGERFIELD
North: HIGGINS
Richmond: MARTIN
St Kilda: GRESHAM
Sydney: PAPLEY
West Coast: NIC NAT

Last edited:
that's the next question, for those teams with a Dominance this year, who does everyone think will be the players:

This is assuming that none of the players who have recently had Showstoppers are featured in this set.

Adelaide: M.Crouch, Laird
Brisbane: Neale, Cameron
Essendon: Shiel, Merrett
Geelong: Hawkins, Ablett, Stewart
North: Cunnington, Goldstein
Richmond: Houli, Lynch
St Kilda: Billings, Membrey
Sydney: Parker, Rampe, Heeney
West Coast: Yeo, Naitanui, McGovern

Adelaide:
Brisbane:
Essendon:
Geelong:
North:
Richmond:
St Kilda:
Sydney:
West Coast:

My guess, again hoping that there isn't too much crossover with Showstoppers
Adelaide: Laird or M. Crouch
Brisbane: Neale
Essendon: Shiel
Geelong: Ablett or Selwood (Hawkins had a high flyer, danger an SS)
North: Cunnington or Higgins
Richmond: Prestia or Lynch (surely there's some Dusty fatigue?)
St Kilda: Steele?
Sydney: Parker
West Coast: McGovern or Sheed

Back
Top Bottom