does rarecollectables work for eBay?????

#1 Eels fan

a 1 eyed EELS supporter
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
Mighty Eels
as some of maybe aware i had 2 threads listed on ebay asking for certain cards....
the cards that were offered were listed on ebay and i bought them, these listings were on there for ages .

this one of the ad's..............
Thanks for looking.....I am after 2009 Predictors.

Broncos, manly, panthers, dragons, rabbitohs, tigers

i am also after a

2006 tim smith rookie signature cards

and

2007 hindmarsh Signature Cards

if you have any please let me know and we can take it from there.

once agreed we can list it as a buy it now or something and i will purchase the card(s)

i am also an avid trader and i have heaps of middle to high end NRL cards to trade for either sealed boxes or eels stuff

now i understand that there was a mention of trading within the ad but it was nothing to do with what i was primarily asking for.......

Now, i had 1 listing removed by ebay because someone complained to ebay about the ad, the next day i get an email from "rarecollectables" basically abusing me for putting the ad on there and that i should remove the other ad.........

after replying to the 1st email his final reply was this..........

Dear davidswadling,

I just want ebay to be a fair & honest playing field, which it is not if things like this are left unchecked. Offering to trade for items in the description is ridiculous. Why don't you just take out a full page ad in the newspaper??? Ebay is a serious business & you are treating it like it is your swap meet. Grow Up.

- rarecollectibles01

am i such a naughty boy with the ad?

i am also puzzled as to why somone would go out of his way to make things hard for someone who is simply after some cards????

or does he work for ebay?

i doubt he'd work for ebay, just a pest trying to make sure you don't get what your after. ive seen a few of your ads like this and i thought they were smart, i usually recommend people to sign up at ozcard for trading though.

Given rarecollectibles01's pricing, you won't be taking any business off him. He has some of the most extradordinary mark-ups I've come across.

Some people really need to get a life....Add him to your I'm a w@nker list....actually to the top of it!

There is an Ebay Want it Now area but it is really underwhelming...Have you had any luck with this form of Auction?

Given rarecollectibles01's pricing, you won't be taking any business off him. He has some of the most extradordinary mark-ups I've come across.

It is amazing that they have sold so many items.....given the extreme high end prices for low end cards....over $50 for a 2007 GEM card.....:lol:

i doubt he'd work for ebay, just a pest trying to make sure you don't get what your after. ive seen a few of your ads like this and i thought they were smart, i usually recommend people to sign up at ozcard for trading though.

Thanks Girds, i usually point people to this site and to ozcard members in particular as well in replys to my ads on ebay because they were after certain cards that i did not have, i placed the trading of cards bit because you would be surprised at how many card buyers from ebay are unaware that there a lot of people out there that trade cards rather than sell/buy

---------- Post added 05-11-2010 at 10:59 AM ----------

You naughty naughty boy, he is thinking (i assume) if you trade, you may take business away from him and therefore the collapse of his business, then he would have to sell his house and live on the street, you are the cause of the global recession :)

yes i deserve a big whipping :lol: if it was because i was taking away business from him then i would be doing the un-informed new card collector a big favour :lol: :thumbsup:
i dont think i can live with myself knowing that i am the cause of HIS global recession:lol:

i actuallyt to a point feel sorry for him

---------- Post added 05-11-2010 at 11:01 AM ----------

Thats basically what i said to him when he said "I just want ebay to be a fair & honest playing field" Fair and Honest prices would be a great start i think

Dave,
This guy is a law unto himself. There have been many frustrated collectors make mention of him in the past on OCT. Speak to him in person and you'll find there is something amiss. He does have some good cards but at terribly expensive prices. He is often happy to trade in person but you should hear what he comes up with and the reason for it is even more ridiculous.
I have no prob with you being proactive in your chase and NO he does NOT work for Ebay. But, being such an active member of Ebay, I imagine they are likely to look after him.

Some people really need to get a life....Add him to your I'm a w@nker list....actually to the top of it!

There is an Ebay Want it Now area but it is really underwhelming...Have you had any luck with this form of Auction?

It is amazing that they have sold so many items.....given the extreme high end prices for low end cards....over $50 for a 2007 GEM card.....:lol:

yeh he is deffenitly at the top the list,

the ebay want it now section is crap, i had some in there for nearly a year and got nothing as soon as i put the ad in the trading card section i started getting results, they did not flood in but i would say i have had about 12 - 15 buys from it.

and i agree it is a wonder he has sold anything, as you said $50 for a gem card, i think he prays on the very desperate or those very new to the card collecting game which is another concern as he has a problem with me looking for certain cards but he is ok with himself ripping people of in what i would call a major way.

Dave,
This guy is a law unto himself. There have been many frustrated collectors make mention of him in the past on OCT. Speak to him in person and you'll find there is something amiss. He does have some good cards but at terribly expensive prices. He is often happy to trade in person but you should hear what he comes up with and the reason for it is even more ridiculous.
I have no prob with you being proactive in your chase and NO he does NOT work for Ebay. But, being such an active member of Ebay, I imagine they are likely to look after him.

Dave,

thanks mate, yeh he does seem to think he is ebay itself i feel, well to be honest ebay did not seem to have a problem with it as it was up repeatidly for ages and it was only until he complained and by his own admission he complained numerous times before ebay took that ad down.

thanks for your support and i agree i think the only reason they did take it down was because he is an active member but it did take numerous complaints to force there hand a bit.

either way i cant wait to meet him in person one day :lol:

---------- Post added 05-11-2010 at 11:20 AM ----------

Dave,

wow thats wierd your post came up twice :lol:

Sorry Dave,

But I think it is stupid to put a wantlist on Ebay. Just my opinion though.

Yup heaven forbid a person use every form of communication as possible to try and meet their collecting requirements... NO HARM no foul.

this rarecollectibles sounds like an absolute flog, to use bigfooty terminology.

Sorry Dave,

But I think it is stupid to put a wantlist on Ebay. Just my opinion though.

dont appologise mate you are quite entitled to your opinion mate, i am curious as to why you think it stupid though? just curious!

---------- Post added 06-11-2010 at 12:09 AM ----------

Yup heaven forbid a person use every form of communication as possible to try and meet their collecting requirements... NO HARM no foul.

this rarecollectibles sounds like an absolute flog, to use bigfooty terminology.

i agree mate if an opportunity exists to acheive something then use it and as you said there was no harm in it it did not cause havoc, mind you AyiosYiorgos stated that it may have caused the global recession :lol:

I don't think it's a good idea to be trading via eBay, you can't trust them like you can trust guys on here.

In saying that I think his message was out of line.

He makes trading sound childish...

Just ignore the idiot I reckon.

yeh there is a risk in that but i have now a few more people to trade with and all parties are more than happy with what we have received.

yeh i dont know what his problem was but all he has done is allianate me and it would appear few others as well from dealing with at any level, its just a totally wierd experience on many levels :lol:

yeh there is a risk in that but i have now a few more people to trade with and all parties are more than happy with what we have received.

yeh i dont know what his problem was but all he has done is allianate me and it would appear few others as well from dealing with at any level, its just a totally wierd experience on many levels :lol:

His prices alienated me even before this thread :lol:

Back
Top Bottom