Does anyone here have a Bradman auto??

Beautiful Bradman Richo!! :thumbsup:

Love that 98/99 Redemption - what a stunning card Jolly!

Here's my most recent Bradman - uncut signed 4-up, all numbered 500 of 500:

Heritage 4up.jpg

Heritage4upBack.jpg

does any 1 hav a bradman auto they will maybe trade or sell?
i dont mind if its on a card or photo or paper. even if its a little faded..i dont mind
pm me if you do
thanks

I've been very lucky with Bradman autos. Many years ago I was visiting my mum in hospital and a guy in the bed next to her started talking to me about cricket. I mentioned my memorabilia collection and he said he had written to Bradman a couple of times in the past and told me Bradman's address. Over the years I managed to get 21 items signed, including a complete set of 16 weetbix cards, which I had framed .....

NAZIM'S CRICKET PAGE 2

Yep, Bradman signed everything anyone ever asked for.

He didnt really want people making money off his autograph so just signed anything, thats why there are so many Bradman auto's out there.

In the last year of his life, his museum people pointed out to him that sadly many of the people he was signing for were actually selling his autograph. At that point he started returning items unsigned with a printed note explaining his reasons.

In the last year of his life, his museum people pointed out to him that sadly many of the people he was signing for were actually selling his autograph. At that point he started returning items unsigned with a printed note explaining his reasons.

Its sad that this happened but I can understand why he did it.

I remember some people sending him full sets of the Bradman Weetbix cards and he would sign them all and return them very quickly.

Another story i wanted to share was that on behalf of our local cricket team, we sent a bat to Bradman to be signed for use as part of a fundraiser for our club. Before we sent the bat to him we asked him for his permission and if he would be willing to do it? He responded very quickly with a yes and the result was a beautifully signed bat which arrived about 4 days after we had sent it to him after getting his initial ok.

I have heard rumours that a big majority of his mail came from India and he would get around 50-100 letters a day asking for his autograph.

Cheers
Matt

His turn-around time was amazing.

I sent 3 of those weet bix cards off when I was about 13, and they came back 2 days later. I think he lived in either Kensington Park or Mitcham here in Adelaide.

I remember some people sending him full sets of the Bradman Weetbix cards and he would sign them all and return them very quickly.

Absolutely, I am one of those people and I fully understood when he declined to sign any more.

A polar opposite to Bradman I believe is Garfield Sobers. From all reports and from the loss of my own items, I can advise, he supposedly signs nothing unless there is something in it for him.

Steve Waugh's management people also knock back requests but they are upfront in advising that their reasons are that they do not wish his signature to lose value and he does sign for charities etc and also signs mail which may reach him personally.

Hi Scar,
I love the 98/99 Bradman signature card, such a great design and even better there is only 50 of them!

Are you sure of the authenticity of the bottom one though?? Looks a little suspect to me......maybe it is just that there is no line underneath. I thought Bradman did that with all of his signatures (post-1985ish)??

Its sad that this happened but I can understand why he did it.

Another story i wanted to share was that on behalf of our local cricket team, we sent a bat to Bradman to be signed for use as part of a fundraiser for our club. Before we sent the bat to him we asked him for his permission and if he would be willing to do it? He responded very quickly with a yes and the result was a beautifully signed bat which arrived about 4 days after we had sent it to him after getting his initial ok.

I have heard rumours that a big majority of his mail came from India and he would get around 50-100 letters a day asking for his autograph.

Cheers
Matt

Was that the same Club I played for Matty?

---------- Post added 15-11-2009 at 11:21 AM ----------

I'd cherish a personal letter / printed note from Bradman, even if it wasn't signed!

Yes, the Signature card is a great card, as with the other card, I too can not be sure if it is authentic. I have about 10 signed cigarette and trade Bradman cards and only one I can say is truly authentic, the others, I would hope so.

hi,

i have a few. One is from the knights of cricket framed print. the other is a personal letter to Tom Veivers asking him to sign the heritage cards.

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

Back
Top Bottom