Does anybody sell on ebay?

drobfan8

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben
Hi all,

When the rules changed for selling on eBay I gave up on it and have only sent stuff to COMC or Probstein to sell.

But thinking of putting some low end up for sale.

Is the only way to pay for a monthly fee?

I guess I would only need it for a month. Seems a lot more traffic on ebay.com.au these days than in the past when your stuff would sell for peanuts.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Monthly fees? I have been selling on eBay for years and never been stung for any monthly fees :/

Shoot me a message if you want to use the MERQARY marketplace to sell. The limits we have on items you can list for sale is quite high and if you reach your limit (5,000 cards), I'll just increase it up to 50,000 for you. Makes selling any and every low end card pretty easy.

We do have a monthly fee but I'll provide you with free access for being an OZCT member (applies to anyone else who is a member here too!).

Even though I own and use MERQARY as my main online hobby portal, I still use eBay and COMC to sell items. If something sells, I'll just remove it from the other marketplace (if this makes sense).

Even though I own and use MERQARY as my main online hobby portal, I still use eBay and COMC to sell items. If something sells, I'll just remove it from the other marketplace (if this makes sense).

I have forgotten to remove stuff from Ebay. Not good when it sells there :(

I have forgotten to remove stuff from Ebay. Not good when it sells there :(
This is where the benefit of MERQARY works. Inventory management is all integrated into the site so when you sell the digital copy of the card is transferred like an NFT.

Maybe we should give the option to sell straight from your MERQARY Trophy Room to eBay so this problem won't happen... 🤔 Will mean you need to pay for the eBay fees but you can manage your inventory within MERQARY.

My head is splitting from the bloody glitches they have on ebay, however the 15% they take including part of the postage is giving me the ******.

OK, I am going to start a new MERQARY Account and see what it holds.

Im doing rather well on ebay to be honest, so I am thinking lower end cards on MERQARY until it takes off a bit.

I will get back to you @SharpysSports very shortly

My head is splitting from the bloody glitches they have on ebay, however the 15% they take including part of the postage is giving me the ******.

OK, I am going to start a new MERQARY Account and see what it holds.

Im doing rather well on ebay to be honest, so I am thinking lower end cards on MERQARY until it takes off a bit.

I will get back to you @SharpysSports very shortly
You're getting stooged a bit on that 15% and I don't know why. They take 12.7% on everything I've sold or is it more for cards?

The problem is facebook groups have taken so many people away from ebay and from here. IF you sell on ebay, you might want to put a printout coupon saying your handle here and you also trade and sell on this domain. Im not sure of how many years this board as been up as if you go off the software dates below, its 2010 however I have been a member since 2008. I am sure that its been around longer.

Im looking to put some marketing together that I can use when I send out parcels on ebay to promote this site and Merqary. However I am hopeless creating such marketing materials. If someone knows how to make a template where you can add your nick on here and sellers names on Merqary, please share it with us. I would just that its colour and you can make at least 4 coupons out of an A4. IF we are going to use this board, I think I am more than happy to promote it. If you would like to also do so, I think we would all benifit from the traffic of the old days I remember so well. I am only speaking of basketball as I really have not spent time in the other subs.

Cheers

I'm constantly selling on both eBay with every listing having both domestic and worldwide shipping options.

eBay is great with managed payments but the fees just KEEP. ON. RISING. I don't pay much attention to actual percentages - I just factor this chunk into my minimum sell price. I guess this is just the cost of using the largest marketplace though? I'm ok with it.

I also sell on COMC when I organise enough stuff to submit to make shipping it there worthwhile. Whenever I submit to COMC, this stuff is pulled from eBay and not up for sale for like a month though, and I usually make a sale every 2-3 days.

I've never sold on - or even looked at - FB pages since I deleted that crap many years ago - maybe I'm missing out on leads :lol:

Back
Top Bottom