Discussion : Cult Players of the 1980's and 1990's

Tookey Is at South Logan Magpies. Geoff Robinson comes to mind. He played hard scruffy hair and beard and wore his socks down and shirt untucked at a time where everyone else's socks were up and shirts were tucked in.

Last edited:
Would Wally Lewis also be classed as a cult player?

Whenever he played in NSW he would get booed. When he got sent to the sin bin in an origin game at Lang Park beer cans were lobbed from all parts of the stadium onto the ground by the QLD fans.

A couple already mentioned already stand out for me; Geoff Robinson / Slammin Sam / Tookey / Tommy / Dallas Donnelly

A couple I don't think mentioned yet more 90's; Blocker Roach / Mark Geyer / Spud Carrol.

Seems to be a lot of front rowers...... I suppose you needed to be a little bit mad.

For me as a kid it was probably Lord Ted and Russell Fairfax both just played early eighties. Others: Chook Herron was value for a laugh. Nappa Lyons should get a start as well anyone who lights up at half time

There's heaps its hard to define what makes them a cult hero I suppose.

Cheers
Ross

80's Uwan Mcgrady,Neville Glover,Kerry Boustead,Kerry Hemsley,Graham (wombat) Eddie,Phil Sigsworth,Terry Fahey.Peter Tunks,Les Boyd,Ray Price,Tony Rampling,Royce Ayliffe,Steve (Zip Zip Man) Ella,Gavin Miller,Pat Jarvis,Noel Cleal,Paul Dunn,

90's
Craig Salvatori,Mark Mcgaw,Paul sironen,David Gillespie,Scott Gourley,Graham mackay,Ken Negas,Craig Handcock,John Hopate,Jim Serdaris,Solomon Haumono,Nik Kosef,Matt Seers,Danny leigh,Terry Hill,Tony Butterfield,Tim Brasher,

Back
Top Bottom