Daniel Penese from Panthers, any good?

freeballs

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Craig
Saw this this morning:

THE Dragons have began covering for their impending losses in the back-row, agreeing to terms with young Panther Daniel Penese this week.

St George Illawarra coach Wayne Bennett hopes Penese can step up to replace Neville Costigan, Jeremy Smith and Ricky Thorby.

Must be good if he can be as good as 3 players, lol.:kick:

i can't say that he has played a game of first grade lol. but if bennett wanted him he must be good.

Yeah, i havent really seen him play alot myself honestly. Has been lucky to get into the first grade team for the panthers (as girds said not much first grade :lol:) Assuming bennett sees something good about him if hes willing to give him a shot
Cheers
Brplat

Good young pickup for the Dragons. He was rated highly coming through at Penrith but then struggled with some injuries. Usually plays on the left hand side on the edge.

That said, i can't believe St.George didn't wrap up Beau Henry.

Good young pickup for the Dragons. He was rated highly coming through at Penrith but then struggled with some injuries. Usually plays on the left hand side on the edge.

That said, i can't believe St.George didn't wrap up Beau Henry.

Daniel Penese....interesting, I don't know anything of him, but he was obviously the right price, I don't expect him to be a star or even a starter I think he's what we would call in the card game a "filler".

It was dissappointing to loose Henry before we even had a chance to have a good look at him......but the money clubs were offerring him always meant he would be hard to keep.

Ross

dragons had to offload quite a few players to fit gasnier in for the new couple of seasons

not really related.......Beau Henry was moved on well before Gasnier came into the picture.

Costigan / Smith seem to have been a bit of the Gasnier fallout. We had an over supply of quality forwards so have lost:

Jeremy Smith [Cronulla Sharks], Neville Costigan [Newcastle Knights], Beau Henry [Newcastle Knights], Jarrod Saffy [RU: Melbourne Rebels], Ricky Thorby [North Queensland Cowboys], Kalifa Fai Fai Loa [North Queensland Cowboys], Jon Green [Melbourne Storm], Luke Priddis [Retirement]

Doesn't matter we will just shake the Prop tree we have and see who falls out. :thumbsup:

Ross

he's a friend of a friend of mine lol :) ive seen him/met him at a couple of parties ive also heard that he killed it in junior grade.

Back
Top Bottom