Dangerfield DPS just sold for $70 on eBay

crows2010

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tex
Someone just bought one BIN for $70.

I saw it but I wasn't going to pay that much for one at the moment.

Looks like his prices are going up, wonder if that person who bought it will try and on-sell it me :lol:

I should have 43 Golds and 6 Platinums by the end of the week. Will get pics up soon of them all together!

Someone just bought one BIN for $70.

I saw it but I wasn't going to pay that much for one at the moment.

Looks like his prices are going up, wonder if that person who bought it will try and on-sell it me :lol:

I should have 43 Golds and 6 Platinums by the end of the week. Will get pics up soon of them all together!

wouldnt you be dirty if he did his knee or broke his leg and never recovered like nathan brown? got delisted and disappeared :p
thats why i never collect as many of one players cards as its a pretty big risk if he turns out to be ordinary or gets a major injury and the sigs are only worth $20 each.
but good luck to ya mate :thumbsup:

Yeah but even if he got injured or something there would still be set collectors who would need it and it would still be a scarce card.

Those Daniel Well DPS's got for $150+ and he has not reached any heights at all, let alone lofty ones.

David Clarke's 2003 destiny signature went for $48 a few months back.

Prices must be on the rise since I bought a couple for $ 10-$15 last year lol.

Especially when Fev only sells for $50-$60.

Haha joking mate, good work with the collection. I like the idea of what you're doing, but just couldn't be fagged personally spending so much on just one player.

Especially when my Geelong collections costs me thousands for every player, I would have to morgage the house to afford a complete player's dps set lol.

Keep up the nice work mate.

As I've mentioned to you a few times before Ryan, reckon its a great idea/ploy of buying up to increase the price of a card. You clearly have done this with Dangerfield as 6mths ago $35 would have been close to the mark.

Obviously it is a little risky if injury etc occurs, but you've picked most of them up reasonably cheaply I presume, so you'd be sweet either way...On the other hand if he was to become a Brownlow medalist etc then you have yourself a goldmine!! Def a risk worth taking on the start to his career.

The point on Wells is also a great example, as far an average player his price is triple what it should be and double Brendon Goddard who is streets ahead of him as a player from the same draft.

Yeah I didn't do it intentionally to push the price up but naturally it has just worked out that way.

Yeah when I first saw that with Wells' DPS I was dumbfounded, but obviously know why now.

Anyone know who has them all?

Could be wrong but think I read somewhere is it Viciousmount??

That bloke has been selling a lot of his collection off by the looks of things.

I have bought a few cards off him also.

I sold a wells for $165 i was pretty happy with that as it cost me $35. Hey Ryan i bought a dangerfield on ebay bin for $70 today u want to buy it off me for $100 lol jokes :)

haha if the person bought it with the sole intention of trying to on-sell it to me they will be in for a shock haha.

Most I have paid is $60 and I won't be paying higher than that for a while.

I recently got one in the post for $35 on the other hand etc

yer if you look outside the square im sure u will still pick them up cheap. if people did not know you where doing this i doubt his price would have changed yet.

yeah I just bought one from Carnegie Collectables for $35 which is on the way.

Got another one yesterday from Kats Hobby for $40ish as well.

But wheres the fun if you can't show it off? Plus a few members on here have helped me out in the past by tracking some down for me :)

I will be going to the card fair at Sandown as well in Melbourne, nice and early :)

I was thinking of doing the same with a selected pies player but there cards are hard enough to find at the best of times id have no chance getting that many

heh, well I guess someone has to buy his cards :lol:
there is a way to ensure his rookie cards are worth a lot,
I remember a bank note collector a while ago that owned a rare 1 of 2 note,
he bought the other note at auction for 1/4 mil then held it up to the crowd of
collectors and tore it up into bits, now his 1/1 banknote is worth a fortune.

so what you do is get a vid' and do a youtube live card rip, once you collect heaps, keep the #s you really like and the rest rip up live, document the #s
being destroyed and turn the platinum into 1/20's or something, then you've got a card!

heh, well I guess someone has to buy his cards :lol:
there is a way to ensure his rookie cards are worth a lot,
I remember a bank note collector a while ago that owned a rare 1 of 2 note,
he bought the other note at auction for 1/4 mil then held it up to the crowd of
collectors and tore it up into bits, now his 1/1 banknote is worth a fortune.

so what you do is get a vid' and do a youtube live card rip, once you collect heaps, keep the #s you really like and the rest rip up live, document the #s
being destroyed and turn the platinum into 1/20's or something, then you've got a card!

Noo... destrucful person :mad:

It would be impossible tracking down all 130 plats anyway... especially with Rick keeping about 20 or 30 :whistle:

nah there is only 100 of the 2008 plats that Danger features in...

I have 6 of them but they are bloody hard to come across.

Probably some sitting in sealed boxes also. Would love to bust a case of Classic, just to pull my own Dangerfield DPS (although it isn't even a given)!

Back
Top Bottom