Dallas Cowboys 2007 Season Thread

wolvesjr34

Morrow Super Collector
Real Name
AJ
eBay User
wolvesjr34
Since there's a few of us around I thought I should start a thread for the Mighty Cowboys!

Season opening win against Giants today 45 - 35.

Romo threw 345 yards, 4 TDs and 1 Int - great fantasy stats - I am cursing that I was unable to draft him! Barber and Jones worked well in Tandem, Witten dominated the passing game... and TO bobbed up for 3 catches 87 yards and 2 TDs which I'll take for my fantasy stats any day of the week.

The offence was brilliant, but the defence left a little to be desired. Or a lot really, I'm not happy conceding 35 points any day of the week. And Jacque Vaughn is a sad backup Corner for Terence Newman, and I really hope that Newman is fit next week. Also wish someone would teach Roy Williams about pass coverage... he'd be the best in the league if they did.

Giants sufferred badly injury wise... Eli Manning injured with a bruised shouldr - or so it was alleged and also starting RB whose name escapes me atm injured, plus a couple of others.

Cowboys lost Ferguson early.

Still all in all I am happy to start the season with a win!

Im a Pats fan but i have a soft spot for Dallas. Everytime Tony Romo gets the ball i worry, do you Dallas fans get that too. Interceptions happen all to often and who can forget that fumble in the final game last year....

Im a Pats fan but i have a soft spot for Dallas. Everytime Tony Romo gets the ball i worry, do you Dallas fans get that too. Interceptions happen all to often and who can forget that fumble in the final game last year....

I don't worry about interceptions at all - Romo will be one of the best QBs this year gauranteed. Last season was last season. Romo will prove himself a champion. He's too calm and collected not to be able to hit the offensive weapons at his disposal! He isn't going to force a throw to TO - he's going to go the best place possible.

I am happy with offense wanna see defense get better!

Cowboys open 2-0 for the first time in years and score more than 35 points in two games back to back for the first time since 1987.

The Defence had 4 or 5 picks and 1 fumble recovery... mistereez you cut you dropped the Cowboys D on fantasy now?? Awesome defensive week lol

Cowboys beat Miami in Miami 37 - 20. Marion Barber scores 2 TD including a career high 40 yard run. Tony Curtis in his second year of NFL made his first Career reception today also happens to be for a TD.... TO got in with another TD as well.... also career high in single rush for Tony Romo who ran for 17 yards on one play. Romo really looks like he is going to be an aboslute star!

very good effort from the team this week!

Yeah Wolves cut the Cowboys D, having said that it was only Miami. I dont think we will see 4 picks say against the likes of Philly, Washington (well maybe) or any of those bigger teams.

No NFC team will win the superbowl this year anyway but if the cowboys win the conference it will be a good result. The AFC is such a good conference it hardly seems fair that out of the colts, pats, and san diego only one can make the big dance.

Week 3 Dallas vs Chicago.

Here are the BEARS:

IRVING, Texas - Two games in the books, and already the Cowboys (2-0) have scored 82 points, their best start to a season offensively since 1971. The offense looked nearly unstoppable at times during wins over the Giants and Dolphins, and it will be interesting to see if the Cowboys can keep it up for a third straight week because those Chicago Bears, well, they can play defense.

What's Up?

Sunday's game, slated for 7:15 p.m. (CDT), should be the acid test for Cowboys fans skeptical of their offense's success. Chicago (1-1) has quieted plenty of red-hot offenses in the past. Earlier this season it held San Diego and touchdown-machine LaDanian Tomlinson to 14 points, then surrendered just 10 to Kansas City in Week 2. The Bears beat Kansas City 20-10 on Sunday, but fell 14-3 to the Chargers in the opener. And while the Cowboys have put up plenty of points in the first two games, they left plenty more on the field. Efficiency and execution will be critical against the Bears.

It's fitting the Cowboys signed oft-troubled defensive tackle Tank Johnson on Tuesday. The Bears released Johnson in June after another off-the-field incident, figuring second-year tackle Dusty Dvoracek could fill his role just fine. They lost Dvoracek for the season in the opener, however, just as the Cowboys lost starting nose tackle Jason Ferguson. The Cowboys now have a contributor from last season's NFC champion defense, even if Johnson won't be eligible to play for several more weeks.

Statistical View

* The Bears have been pretty salty at home since 2005, having outscored visiting teams 397-202 in the 17 games during that span, with 14 wins to just three losses.
* Just kick it out of bounds! The stats say Bears sparkplug Devin Hester is the NFL's premier return man. Ever. Among returners with at least 50 punt or kickoff returns, his return-to-TD ratio is best, taking it to the house once every 12.5 attempts, for a total of six scores. Who's second? Someone named Gale Sayers scored every 14.8 times he returned a kick while playing for Chicago from 1965-71.
* Sustaining drives and wearing down the Bears' defense with the running game could be the Cowboys approach, but they'll have their work cut out. Chicago has forced three-and-outs a league-best 37 percent of drives through two weeks.
* Julius Jones remembers the Bears fondly, having gone for 150 yards and two scores against Chicago on Thanksgiving Day in 2004.

Chalk Talk

While some have said the Cowboys won't need the huge point totals from their first two games, it's not a good idea to just write off the Bears' offense. Bears quarterback Rex Grossman's strength is the vertical passing game, throwing downfield to speedster receiver Bernard Berrian. Downfield passing was the Cowboys' Achilles' heel down the stretch last year and against the Giants. Grossman will make mistakes, but not if the Cowboys can't create more pressure than they have against Eli Manning and Trent Green.

The real heavyweight fight, of course, will be the Cowboys' offense against the Bears' defense. If ball control is the Cowboys' goal, expect a heavier dose of Marion Barber in the running game, but don't discount Jones. Teams often try to use misdirection to beat Chicago's quick linebackers, and Jones is at his best running draws and screen passes. With points always at a premium against the Bears, we may get a glimpse of Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett's imagination. Expect a trick or two by the Cowboys.

Connections

Cowboys right tackle Marc Colombo was a first-round pick by the Bears in 2001 and remained with the club until 2005 . . . Bears fullback Lousaka Polite was with the Cowboys from 2004 through the end of training camp this summer . . . Suspended Cowboys quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson held the same title in Chicago from 2004-06 . . . Bears head coach Lovie Smith hails from Big Sandy, Texas.

Miscellaneous

The Bears allowed a combined 80 yards rushing to Tomlinson and Kansas City's Larry Johnson in their first two games . . . The Cowboys lead the all-time series 12-8 . . . Dallas could reach 3-0 for the first time since 1999 with a win . . . A Cowboys win would be their fifth straight on the road, the club's best streak since winning seven straight from 1993-94.

Dallas Cowboys move to 3 - 0 with a thumping of the allegedly best defence in the league! Cowboys 34 - Bears 10!

It was a dour first half with a 3 - 3 scoreline and both QBs being picked off once... but the secodn half goodness the 'Boys came alive off the back of a 90 odd yard drive 70 yards from passes to Owens.

The Cowboys Defence again put in a good performance! Making it two in a row. They had three picks and a fumble recovery.

Barber scored a running and receiving TD... Romo was bloody awesome as always.... and this is the first time since '99 the Boys started 3 - 0 - the last 13 times they started they went on to the playoffs!

I'm LOVING this season so far :) Next week - the Rams who are 0 - 3.

And my Fantasy team looks sweet !

Mine would look sweeter if you had not beaten me to Romo and Barber and Witten - whom all I would have chosen LOL

My team is crap I feel like giving up and starting again next year! All I have is Owens and I cannot work out which QB will perform and have benched the performer two weeks in a row I am so frustrated LOL All I can say is Vince Young better bloody own tomorrow!

Hey Wolvey you want Julius Jones ? HAHAHAHa

I cant believe you didnt have McNabb as your starter. What did Philly score 56 points. EEK!

Hey Wolvey you want Julius Jones ? HAHAHAHa

I cant believe you didnt have McNabb as your starter. What did Philly score 56 points. EEK!

You can't believe it I can't - he just seemed done... so now I am riding on Vince Young today - so I'm going to watch that one adn hope to God he puts up decent numbers - I am so bad at this fantasy stuff when it comes to QBs - and I wouldn't want Julius Jones on any game but as my RB on Madden ;)

Back
Top Bottom