Dale Thomas out for season

Magicman

Banned User
Real Name
Kyle Redenbach
eBay User
hotshot1717
Well that now makes the 2 top picks now out for the season, dissapointing. Dale is out for the season with a broken collerbone. Its a shame, will miss the little fella. :(

Great first season though, definantly a future star along with Murphy.

yeh he had a preety good first year needs to pack on the pounds though.
He also has 2 round winning entries for mark of the year and 1 for goal of the year.
Davey has 3 for goal of the year, 2 in succession! :eek:

DT could be back.
what a great young courageous player

that's what aussie rules is all about!

thomas will be a star in a couple years once he bulks up and gets some experience, a very entertaining player to watch.

Andrew Raines will win the Rising Star easy now.....as predicted before the injury to Murphy!!!

I think Danyle Pearce from Port is a huge chance!
He is winning some qulity possessions in the midefield.

yeah, danyle has been excellent this year, very underrated. if port pick up gibbs next year, i think those 2 will be the cornerstone of a rebuilding power side.

white_chocolate_55 said:
more importantly, Andrew Lovett is out for the season too.. what a shame..

Guess where he was "Drafted" from Choc ???........hint - look at my signature Block :)

I don't know? Thinking about it a bit more, Murphy was well ahead of the pack by a mile, should he lose the award because of injury? What is the actual description of the award? Does anyone know?

jvalles69 said:
I don't know? Thinking about it a bit more, Murphy was well ahead of the pack by a mile, should he lose the award because of injury? What is the actual description of the award? Does anyone know?

The AFL Rising Star Award was instituted in 1993 to recognise and encourage talented young players in the AFL. After each round of home and away games, a player is nominated and at the end of the season a panel of experts selects the winner. The winner must be under the age of 21 at January 1 of that year, must not have played more than 10 games to the start of that season and must not have been suspended by the AFL or State League tribunals during the season (as with the Brownlow Medal, players found guilty of certain offences and fined or reprimanded by the Tribunal remain eligible to win the award).
Looks like we'll have to keep an eye on some second year players too.

Back
Top Bottom