Commentator mailday ;-)

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
First up is a psa 4 Heinsohn 57 topps rc to make it one card needed for the sig to be complete. Some will know Tommy as the Celts courtside announcer, others will know him as a multiple NBA champion, sixth man of the year and Celts high scorer. Although a lower grade this is a great eye appeal card with almost spot on centering and no snow or focus problems. Im happy with it for now. A couple of grades up will cost be about $400US + though :-(

Heinsohn57toppspsa.jpg

Second up is my second Cousy card! And what a great one it is! SGC 84! Thats a psa 8-9 for enquiring minds. This card is as sharp as a pack fresh card from today with just centering knocking it back. 1961 fleer with no visable faults on corners and edges etc. I'm pretty stoked to own this. Great pic on it too I think.

Cousy61fleerSGC84.jpg

Thought I'd share these as I know some like too see my stuff sometimes.

When I saw the mailman Trey I dived for the mailer before he put it in the mailslot! Do I get one? LOL

Have you seen Tommypoint.com?? They actually keep track and have him involved giving out an award at the end of the season! HEHE

That guy bleeds green!

Super stuff there Chad
Heinsohn was of course also an NBA Rookie of the Year, and played a significant role in the Celts winning the 1957 Championship when he scored 37 in game seven against St Louis
A sweet card of a true Celtic Legend
Who is the other guy???

I'm impressed Locky! :D :D :D :D :D

I love the hook shot with either hand too! One of the first players to make use of both.

Cousy is just Tommys sidekick in commentary with that idiot Mike Gorman now. He didn't do much for the game at all ;)

great to see someone collecting cards of that vintage, but i do think they would be extremly hard to get in just average condition so to get one in good condition you are doing well Chad, these cards might look like a pretty simple design compared to todays cards and not as appealing to collect but have a look at their book value and you might change your mind (to expensive for me). I read a artical in Beckett were a old lady had came across a box of sealed 1957 topps basketball cards of her husbands (gold of the basketball card world), not sure if you have read the artical Chad (sure you would have)but can scan if you have not.

I help write the articles you mention with Jeffery and another guy Rob each month Andrew. I also write now for some other mags on vinatage etc too. The 57 topps are the hardest of all sports and all sets to get in good condition. They were flawed with problems straight off the press and produced on the one sheet.

Oh yeah for those that really care as I dont' BV for these is about $500US + taking into consideration the grade of the Cousy.

great cards , yeah i been wondering how much they are worth, ;)

chadjaja® said:
I help write the articles you mention with Jeffery and another guy Rob each month Andrew. I also write now for some other mags on vinatage etc too. The 57 topps are the hardest of all sports and all sets to get in good condition. They were flawed with problems straight off the press and produced on the one sheet.

Oh yeah for those that really care as I dont' BV for these is about $500US + taking into consideration the grade of the Cousy.

Chad i can't believe that you help write some of those articles that is bloody awesome, and for those people that have not read the articles on the vintage cards in the Beckett mag (even if you are not interested in the vintage cards) have a read if you have a chance cause the articles are a great read and very interesting. I personally look forward to reading the articles on the vintage cards cause they have a interesting history behind them. :D

You are mister Vintage!

That 61-62 set is great. 97-98 Fleer had an insert set of 61-62.

You did very well with Cousy, did you purchase it?

Do you have the Wilt? That would set you back some serious coin :rolleyes:

Thanks Andrew. Its hard comming up with ideas sometimes and Jef takes charge and just writes one on an obscure postcard or something but thats all cool. I just bounce ideas back and forward and proof read stuff and add my own etc. I was also on the team that voted for the Hall of fame article and the new vintage pricing focus too lately. My article i'm still working on is how the term vintage is changing and whats considered vintage now. With different terms describing eras rather than two terms being that and modern. I'm no Mike Rakosi or Rob Lam but what I lack in dollars I make up in a little knowlege

I mentioned the texas tyler find in Handle magazine this month with the article on me too ;-) hehe

Sashsquash: I don't have the Wilt yet but its in my sights. I'm doing the greatest 50 RC set as most know. I do have a most of Wilts stuff in decent condition with the RC being the only one I need I think.

I have a huge 61 fleer mailday coming in if I don't go with the offers i've already recieved for it. I dont' think I will though.

Heinsohn became a successful head coach in Boston for nine seasons .619 winning percentage. 1973 had a 68-14 record, the most in Boston's history, and was also named NBA Coach of the Year. He won 8 nba champs in his 9 seasons as a pro and then backed up for another 2 while he coached. nearly as many as bill.

some history i found :)

oh nice cards by the way :)

I'm missing the Frank Ramsey Vlad which i want in fairly well centered psa 6 or 7. I'll wait for one to pop up or get a raw one and send it to SGC.

Chad did you have anything to do with the artical in beckett "In the beginning: 1948 Bowman" (great read), wouldn't ya love to get hands on one of the cards that has the Gray backing.

Back
Top Bottom