COMC Mailbox Thread

I must have missed it - why are COMC selling on ebay as themselves????

I've been skipping looking at them because I thought they just integrated with the COMC site and double listed but there is a bunch where they are on ebay but not COMC

Don't you just love some COMC sellers.

Username: miglla

He had a card for sale for $x then I sent an offer in around around 15% off his asking price (the card has ended lower than what he was asking for in all but 1 case). He then rejected my offer and bumped the card by 33% compared to the initial asking price. It's great when collectors out there look after one another.

I continue to use COMC as a mail service, not as somewhere to buy. This is not the first time this has happened to me. In some instances, it's best to just pull the trigger on some prices and not try and get 5-10% off what they're asking.

I was actually hoping he had ebay cross selling feature turned on, and I would have gone and bought the card on ebay before COMC's system had alerted ebay to up the price. Alas, it was only on COMC and not on ebay :(

He had a card for sale for $x then I sent an offer in around around 15% off his asking price (the card has ended lower than what he was asking for in all but 1 case). He then rejected my offer and bumped the card by 33% compared to the initial asking price. It's great when collectors out there look after one another.

I continue to use COMC as a mail service, not as somewhere to buy. This is not the first time this has happened to me. In some instances, it's best to just pull the trigger on some prices and not try and get 5-10% off what they're asking.

I was actually hoping he had ebay cross selling feature turned on, and I would have gone and bought the card on ebay before COMC's system had alerted ebay to up the price. Alas, it was only on COMC and not on ebay :(

Yeah I'm just gonna use it mainly to send those things I find in US eBay that won't or are too expensive to AUS. I do find the occasional bargain on there and if someone's like the seller you mentioned I just move on, screw em. If they want to let it sit in their inventory fine, they think that just because someone offered it must be in high demand, little do they know you may be the only person interested in that player or even that will make an offer on, let alone buy it in the next 4 months.......

The seller has his/her rights to be an idiot and screw with you like that. I always put in an offer for the absolute lowest price accepted and I don't take any offence to rejected deals. I just think some people are not familiar with the concept of bargaining, they think there is one asking price, take it or leave it. They probably hate the way COMC allows people to put in offers at a % of the asking price. They will subsequently find that configuration and make it 100%.

But anyway, I think COMC is a well-run site and they provide quality services. You might think things take long and prices have gone up, but at least they tell you about it first so you are not going to be surprised later on. In terms of the recent price increase on postage, I think you can justify that by simply looking at how much USPS charge people to send a simple rigid item (~USD$7). I think we had a good run with COMC for years and with the $2 increase, all that means for you guys is to send home less often, batch them up.

The seller has his/her rights to be an idiot and screw with you like that. I always put in an offer for the absolute lowest price accepted and I don't take any offence to rejected deals. I just think some people are not familiar with the concept of bargaining, they think there is one asking price, take it or leave it. They probably hate the way COMC allows people to put in offers at a % of the asking price. They will subsequently find that configuration and make it 100%.

But anyway, I think COMC is a well-run site and they provide quality services. You might think things take long and prices have gone up, but at least they tell you about it first so you are not going to be surprised later on. In terms of the recent price increase on postage, I think you can justify that by simply looking at how much USPS charge people to send a simple rigid item (~USD$7). I think we had a good run with COMC for years and with the $2 increase, all that means for you guys is to send home less often, batch them up.

Yep - if you knowingly have it set at 65% of list price and get offended by an offer then you're just crazy though hey! Put it at or slightly above what you want and then do 90% or something! People!

Not sure if this has been answered before? I currently have an unscratched redemption in my inventory, can this be redeemed through comc somehow? Or do I need to send home?

The last straw for me and comc, I have persevered for long enough now. Enough is enough.

COMC was good when it started.
But as this thread details over time that too much ass-clownery has occurred in management among all the other ridiculousness.

I made a shipping request, declared a shipping value of $500 usd on the shipment.
Then when they shipped it they added the purchase value of the cards I bought off the site to the value I declared.

Which then made the declared package value $800. Which as most of you would know puts it over the 1k aud threshold for imports.

F*#K you comc, F*#K you very much and goodbye.

I have now found a new FB friend who can take delivery of cards and hold them for a small fee, then post them when I request.
And the postage fee is the ACTUAL fee, not some cockamamie bullsh1t extravagant pizza-party tax postage fee demanded from comc.

I made a shipping request, declared a shipping value of $500 usd on the shipment.
Then when they shipped it they added the purchase value of the cards I bought off the site to the value I declared.

They make it clear that you have to declare value for cards not purchased on the site and they've always added the value of cards purchased from them on their packages. I'm surprised so many people aren't aware of this.

They have so much potential to be something bigger but for some reason are content with how they currently are doing.

They make it clear that you have to declare value for cards not purchased on the site and they've always added the value of cards purchased from them on their packages. .

Been a while for me in between comc mail outs.
It does not state on either of the three shipment request pages that they will add the comc purchase value to the non-comc portion of the shipment.
And after declaring the value of the non-comc portion, it does not inform you of the total declared value!

Would be a good place to remind people wouldn't you think?

As you mentioned, they have no desire to improve any part of their service. That is I guess unless it involves taking more money from their clients.

value.png

Comc normally takes 1-2 weeks to reply to emails these days. It's no surprise that the BGS part of their service is equally as slow as everything else they do.

Comc normally takes 1-2 weeks to reply to emails these days. It's no surprise that the BGS part of their service is equally as slow as everything else they do.

Got a reply that it's 7 weeks there and back and 1-2 processing again. End of month due in account. Brutal. Was sure I seen a 31 Oct return date.....

Finally got this back.from grading through COMC - is Beckett serious with this label???? Are they prone to coming loose during shipping? Wtf - hope i can jig it back into place when i get it

2014-15 Panini Preferred Unparalleled #579 - Rookies - Joel Embiid /50 [BGS 9.5]
Courtesy of COMC.com

IMG_0874.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got this back.from grading through COMC - is Beckett serious with this label???? Are they prone to coming loose during shipping? Wtf - hope i can jig it back into place when i get it

2014-15 Panini Preferred Unparalleled #579 - Rookies - Joel Embiid /50 [BGS 9.5]
Courtesy of COMC.com

IMG_0874.jpg
Nice card and an awesome grade!!

Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom